Thread: ZTE Mjesty Z796C Straight Talk

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

ZTE Mjesty Z796C Straight Talk

I just bought one of these. Does anyone know how to use a ringtone of my choice? I have ringtones on my computer but don't know where to put them on the ZTE phone. I tried putting them on the SD card but they don't show up as an option when changing the ring tone.
    Also, I'm new to Android. What's with this "Live Wallpaper?"
    How do I download a wallpaper and set something I want that stays still and doesn't move?
    I don't know what apps to get. The user manual isn't too friendly.
    Thank you in advance for your help!
    Last edited by Nessa55; 03-01-2014 at 08:26 AM.
    It's Not New and It's Not Order

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Who is this person? Why doesn't she post in the forum so everyone can benefit.
    She PM's me this every time I post:

"Hi Nessa55,
    I read your post and thought you could use some help. We can provide you the instructions with your queries. Just send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.
    Sara
    Straight Talk Wireless

Feedback Score
    She's Straight Talk Sara, she spams me too, even though I told her multiple times to leave me alone. I have to figure out how to block her.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    If anyone out there is using this kind of phone and knows how to do things with it, please post it. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    if you plug it into a pc, you should be able to browse (or plug the sd card in) the files/ringtones on your phone's sd card.. These need to be placed into folders called "notifications" and "ringtones".. they will allow you to select what notifications you want for emails, texts, etc... from that folder and then which ringtones you want for calls. Zedge has a good selection (free) that you can download in mp3 format that android will recognize..

as for the wallpaper, you should be able to either go into settings or long press (press and hold for a couple sec's) and have the wall paper options pop up, select what one you want and follow the prompts (ok or save, etc)

you might want to check out this link too, there maybe others with the same issues

http://forums.androidcentral.com/oth...ndroid-phones/

Feedback Score
    I'm actually thinking of getting this phone at the end of this week...care to share opinions/experiences (good or bad) about it? Thanks!

Doc

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I had the Majesty at one point. One thing I did was download the mp3 of songs I wanted, used a program called Audacity to cut the part I wanted as a ringtone, saved as mp3, and then move the file to the ringtones folder. You can do this for just about any phone.

via the HoFo App