Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Restart Your ZTE Valet Android 4.1.1 Phone?

Feedback Score

Restart Your ZTE Valet Android 4.1.1 Phone?

I was wondering whether any of you find that you might have to restart your ZTE Valet Android 4.1.1 phones once or twice a day. I've had mine since October 2013 and it hasn't been an issue until this past week. I've been finding that the apps get very, very sluggish. Sometimes, they refuse to behave properly at all. And the touch screen becomes much less sensitive. An insensitive touch screen may really be the entire issue come to think of it. But then I restart it and it's fine again. Is there anything I can do or clean out to avoid this restarting?

via the HoFo App
    Last edited by StLouisMan2; 03-08-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Feedback Score
    I noticed that you mentioned "apps". This phone is not going to have the horsepower to run many apps simultaneously, although it will try. But it will just get behinder and behinder as it can't keep up.

This phone is very basic, so I recommend lightening its load. I know it's a bummer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I noticed that you mentioned "apps". This phone is not going to have the horsepower to run many apps simultaneously, although it will try. But it will just get behinder and behinder as it can't keep up.

This phone is very basic, so I recommend lightening its load. I know it's a bummer.
    Thanks for responding. I can understand and accept that, but how do I do it? Do you mean to just close apps instead of leaving them open? Or do you mean to open Manage Apps and do something there? (I've just looked at that and they say something like stopping this may cause the app to fail.) Or do you mean to uninstall several apps? Or do you mean to use the All-in-one Toolbox app to stop a bunch of apps from starting when the phone boots up?

I'm sorry I'm not more tech savvy; could you please be more specific?

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by StLouisMan2 View Post
    Thanks for responding. I can understand and accept that, but how do I do it? Do you mean to just close apps instead of leaving them open? Or do you mean to open Manage Apps and do something there? (I've just looked at that and they say something like stopping this may cause the app to fail.) Or do you mean to uninstall several apps? Or do you mean to use the All-in-one Toolbox app to stop a bunch of apps from starting when the phone boots up?

I'm sorry I'm not more tech savvy; could you please be more specific?

via the HoFo App
    Use App Manager and select the running apps tab.

Stop any apps you're not using.

Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    I don't have that exact model phone, but if I go to settings > applications > running services, it shows what's running and how much ram is being used.

If you have apps like weather updates, other kinds of updates, email updates, a custom clock, battery meter, animations, etc., all that stuff will slow things to a crawl. The only extra stuff running on mine is Data ON-OFF, Avast, Big Font, and Clean Master. I don't know why Clean Master has to be running.

I tried using a battery app, a clock app, weather, but it bogged down. I don't use email. We are used to computers where this stuff would be trivial.

Perhaps you can find equivalent apps that don't run all the time. Or stop them from syncing so much. You could also get rid of homescreen widgets that are always showing something.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I make it a habit to restart my Android phones once every few days regardless. Once a day would be good if you use the phone a lot. The Valet has very low specs so it's not going to be the best at having all kinds of apps open all the time. And it's odd because I have a ZTE Fusion II (similar to the Valet, but GSM) and it just feels sluggish in comparison to my Huawei Prism II, with the SAME specs and SAME Android version. Must be the overlay ZTE uses. After the Fusion II, I'm not a big fan of ZTE.

You might also want to try pulling the battery out while the phone is on to do sort of a soft-reset. You won't lose any data.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 5S, Galaxy S4, & LG L90: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); Galaxy Epic: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny180 View Post
    Use App Manager and select the running apps tab.

Stop any apps you're not using.

Hope this helps.
    Got it. I shall try that. Thanks.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I don't have that exact model phone, but if I go to settings > applications > running services, it shows what's running and how much ram is being used.

If you have apps like weather updates, other kinds of updates, email updates, a custom clock, battery meter, animations, etc., all that stuff will slow things to a crawl. The only extra stuff running on mine is Data ON-OFF, Avast, Big Font, and Clean Master. I don't know why Clean Master has to be running.

I tried using a battery app, a clock app, weather, but it bogged down. I don't use email. We are used to computers where this stuff would be trivial.

Perhaps you can find equivalent apps that don't run all the time. Or stop them from syncing so much. You could also get rid of homescreen widgets that are always showing something.
    OK. I'll get back to you if I get lost. Thanks.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    I make it a habit to restart my Android phones once every few days regardless. Once a day would be good if you use the phone a lot. The Valet has very low specs so it's not going to be the best at having all kinds of apps open all the time. And it's odd because I have a ZTE Fusion II (similar to the Valet, but GSM) and it just feels sluggish in comparison to my Huawei Prism II, with the SAME specs and SAME Android version. Must be the overlay ZTE uses. After the Fusion II, I'm not a big fan of ZTE.

You might also want to try pulling the battery out while the phone is on to do sort of a soft-reset. You won't lose any data.
    OK. Thanks. I don't really phone/text a lot or get a lot of phone calls, etc., so I turn my phone off every night. It sounds like that should be enough according to you. Is that what you're saying? I probably should have mentioned that in the original post. Sorry.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I was wondering whether any of you find that you might have to restart your ZTE Valet Android 4.1.1 phones once or twice a day. I've had mine since October 2013 and it hasn't been an issue until this past week. I've been finding that the apps get very, very sluggish. Sometimes, they refuse to behave properly at all. And the touch screen becomes much less sensitive. An insensitive touch screen may really be the entire issue come to think of it. But then I restart it and it's fine again. Is there anything I can do or clean out to avoid this restarting?

via the HoFo App
    To lighten the load, you should delete all apps except the basic ones: Weather widget, radar, email, Bluetooth. That phone is not designed to play games or run apps that continuously run in the background.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larryoham12 View Post
    To lighten the load, you should delete all apps except the basic ones: Weather widget, radar, email, Bluetooth. That phone is not designed to play games or run apps that continuously run in the background.
    Thank you. Except for email, I don't use the ones you mentioned. I have the Social Media ones like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Foursquare and Tumblr. What do you think about those?

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    If you have them continuously syncing, checking for updates, that is surely a load. It's not how many, it's what they are doing that taxes the system. We are used to how computers handle things. The phone has very limited resources by comparison.

Feedback Score
    Thank you. Except for email, I don't use the ones you mentioned. I have the Social Media ones like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Foursquare and Tumblr. What do you think about those?

via the HoFo App
    You have found your problems.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larryoham12 View Post
    You have found your problems.
    No, I don't think so. I have had those installed since last October and use them regularly. Yet, it wasn't until last week that the phone started getting sluggish.
    I've been deleting one app at a time that I might have added recently to try to find the one that might have overloaded the system. Still working on that.
    What I have found is that by following advice from the folks above and using an app manager, I can clean out the phone when it gets sluggish and return it to normal. That's really good. On the down side, doing that takes quite a bit longer than just restarting the phone.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    If you have them continuously syncing, checking for updates, that is surely a load. It's not how many, it's what they are doing that taxes the system. We are used to how computers handle things. The phone has very limited resources by comparison.
    Thanks. I'm getting a better understanding of the deal now.

via the HoFo App

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast