Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: PC Mobile Unlimited Data CANCELED/REVOKED as of May 21, 2014 - DO panic

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    Visit bell.mobi in the browser, scroll down, click Self Serve.

If you're logged in via wi-fi, and possibly if you're not using the web proxy, it may prompt you for a verification text message.

Also the Bell self serve app accomplishes the same thing.
    Thanks. So, how would a PC Mobile user who isn't on this forum ever guess this? It's not mentioned (nor is Bell, but rather "our network partner") on the pcmobile.ca Web site.

It appears that the bell.mobi page's Self Serve link just goes to a custom Google Play app, which the on-line reviews complain is in rough shape and, when it does work, just launches you back into a browser. I think that I'll just continue using the SMS account management system.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    Thanks. So, how would a PC Mobile user who isn't on this forum ever guess this? It's not mentioned (nor is Bell, but rather "our network partner") on the pcmobile.ca Web site.

It appears that the bell.mobi page's Self Serve link just goes to a custom Google Play app, which the on-line reviews complain is in rough shape and, when it does work, just launches you back into a browser. I think that I'll just continue using the SMS account management system.
    Strange, that does not match my experience. When I go to bell.mobi and scroll down all the way to the bottom and tap Self serve it sends me to a URL with the PC Mobile account info in my browser. The URL starts with http://nsi.bwanet.ca:8180/ followed by some other stuff, and then it redirects to a URL starting with https://mobile.mselfserve.ca/pc//index.htm? followed by other crap.

Can you test again and see if it always redirects you to GPlay? I seem to remember it did that to me once too but for some reason it stopped at some point and let me use my own browser.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Strange, that does not match my experience. When I go to bell.mobi and scroll down all the way to the bottom and tap Self serve it sends me to a URL with the PC Mobile account info in my browser. The URL starts with http://nsi.bwanet.ca:8180/ followed by some other stuff, and then it redirects to a URL starting with https://mobile.mselfserve.ca/pc//index.htm? followed by other crap.

Can you test again and see if it always redirects you to GPlay? I seem to remember it did that to me once too but for some reason it stopped at some point and let me use my own browser.
    My mistake. I went from the first link that "Self Serve" appears, which I see now is in a list of apps. Scrolling down further shows another link with the same name, but it goes directly to account management.

The account feature for data is named "XUnlimited Internet Browser". Unlike the Call Display and Voicemail features that surround it, the data feature is not clickable for an explanation.

The data option also does not appear under the "Rate plan" tab. I have (or have had) the $5/month data option, but it's not there under monthly recurring charges.

Come to think of it, I got the usual advance notice text for my $5 fee to happen May 26 (yesterday), but I have NOT received the confirmation text that the charge actually occurred. It's unclear whether my usage over the last few days would account for changes in my balance. I had hoped to see a recent history of charges using bell.mobi, but it appears that that's too luxurious of a service to offer (which is fine by me to save money, except for now when the carrier has introduced ambiguity).

Again: how did anyone find out about using the bell.mobi site for PC Mobility accounts? It's not on the PC Mobility Web site.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    I don't remember how I found it, but I recall when I first got the SIM I accessed this screen from the Self Serve option in the SIM Toolkit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't remember how I found it, but I recall when I first got the SIM I accessed this screen from the Self Serve option in the SIM Toolkit.
    Yes, that's exactly what happens! You run the SIM Toolkit app, click on Self Serve, a little "Cancel/OK" window pops up with now clue as to what it's for, and if you click on OK, it launches the browser to load the account page.

I recall seeing the SIM Toolkit app when I first got my Moto G. I expected to find things like SMS and contact management, but saw little that was comprehensible and much that might cause irretrievable changes that I didn't understand, so I did nothing with it!

I expect that the Bell folks that handle the accounts did some smart things to interact with whatever protocols are behind this app, included PC Mobile in the Bell support site, and then did not impress upon whoever runs the PC Mobile that it was okay to let the users know. :-(

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    So... even though daily users were never notified, and last time I called they said daily users wouldn't be affected yet...

The Self Serve screen now shows I have a "Per day 1 GB Mobile Browser". I have no idea what that even means. Certainly they don't mean 1 GB/day? But if not, then is it 1 GB per calendar month?

Anyway I have a balance racked up so I will just use it as I like and see if it ever decrements more than it otherwise would.

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Should be interpreted as is unless there is a footnote or asterisk or something?

via the HoFo App
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So... even though daily users were never notified, and last time I called they said daily users wouldn't be affected yet...

The Self Serve screen now shows I have a "Per day 1 GB Mobile Browser". I have no idea what that even means. Certainly they don't mean 1 GB/day? But if not, then is it 1 GB per calendar month?

Anyway I have a balance racked up so I will just use it as I like and see if it ever decrements more than it otherwise would.
    My $0.25/day data option now says the same thing. So, such subscribers were moved to it with no notice, it would seem.

That's it -- no more grandfathered unlimited data on PC Mobile! The $5/month one is also 1GB/month instead of unlimited. At least that one merited written notice in advance.

Wait, apparently there used to be a $10/month data option as well. Does anyone here have that, and was it unlimited, and is it still unlimited?

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't recall a $10. Option . Was it after the loophole?

Has anyone used past either 1 GB in the last days or 100MB in a day and check the credit left? I haven't used mine for a while as I'm still on a promo LTE plan now, but it'll end in 2 months or less.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    I haven't tested it to any extent. I figure later in the month would be a better time to test in case it's a calendar month cap.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think they should notify each account about the start day and end day of the 1GB period, otherwise they could mark it in a way that you incur overage when you didn't think you did, and there would be a point of contention.

Another thing is the miss of 1 month prior of notification of the change, actually, nobody has been notified at all. So they can't do this and should credit any overage incurred automatically bc of this change, until they finally notify and give one month before they can enforce the new plan.

But nobody experienced a problem with the loophole so far, so that part is good news. It's just not as good a deal but still not bad. You can't get any 1GB for less than $10. From the big three network today anyway. But the overage is unfortunately not very cheap.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Bit the bullet and decided to phone in and ask exactly what the add-on means now on my account. I realize this comes with the risk of someone flagging the account and changing things for the worse.

The rep said that it means I keep getting charged 25˘/day and I get 1 GB per day. Then she paused and said, wait, no that can't be right. And her co-worker next to her was nudging her and saying "it's per month!".

So then she put me on hold and came back with an answer:
    - It's 1 GB/per month, billed at 25˘ daily. Overage 5˘/MB.
    - The billing cycle is based on your original activation date with PC. Mine was a 4th of the month so I reset every 4th.
    - Six days into my cycle I only have 433 MB left, which can be explained by a road trip I took in which my music streaming app failed to pre-cache songs as I had requested it to do.
    - For now, you can only find out your usage by phoning in. They are hoping to get an online tracker working eventually.

Anyway I use this SIM for two things: 1) Nexus 7 3G tablet and 2) Filling in for coverage holes since the WIND SIM I use every day does not work in all places. For 1) I have implemented a Tasker module that goes into Airplane mode after 20 minutes of screen-off time when it's not charging, at at least that reduces unnecessary background data. For 2) I don't mind if it kicks into overage because I'd rather pay PC 5˘/MB for HSPA than pay Rogers (via WIND) $1/MB for EDGE.

Feedback Score
    Bit the bullet and decided to phone in and ask exactly what the add-on means now on my account. I realize this comes with the risk of someone flagging the account and changing things for the worse.

The rep said that it means I keep getting charged 25˘/day and I get 1 GB per day. Then she paused and said, wait, no that can't be right. And her co-worker next to her was nudging her and saying "it's per month!".

So then she put me on hold and came back with an answer:
    - It's 1 GB/per month, billed at 25˘ daily. Overage 5˘/MB.
    - The billing cycle is based on your original activation date with PC. Mine was a 4th of the month so I reset every 4th.
    - Six days into my cycle I only have 433 MB left, which can be explained by a road trip I took in which my music streaming app failed to pre-cache songs as I had requested it to do.
    - For now, you can only find out your usage by phoning in. They are hoping to get an online tracker working eventually.

Anyway I use this SIM for two things: 1) Nexus 7 3G tablet and 2) Filling in for coverage holes since the WIND SIM I use every day does not work in all places. For 1) I have implemented a Tasker module that goes into Airplane mode after 20 minutes of screen-off time when it's not charging, at at least that reduces unnecessary background data. For 2) I don't mind if it kicks into overage because I'd rather pay PC 5˘/MB for HSPA than pay Rogers (via WIND) $1/MB for EDGE.

You should open CCTS claim about this. Call them back and ask about your original unlimited internet browser feature that you had. They will deny its existence...

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    I did neglect to ask the question as to why I was not notified (although I knew from the forums that it was going to happen).

In any case this was a prepaid service and I am sure the T&C permitted them to change the plans at any time without prior notice. There is no legal recourse.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast