Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: PC Mobile Unlimited Data CANCELED/REVOKED as of May 21, 2014 - DO panic

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    I did neglect to ask the question as to why I was not notified (although I knew from the forums that it was going to happen).

In any case this was a prepaid service and I am sure the T&C permitted them to change the plans at any time without prior notice. There is no legal recourse.
    Did you ask them why they are lying about the 'unlimited internet browser' feature never existed?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anabioz View Post
    Did you ask them why they are lying about the 'unlimited internet browser' feature never existed?
    They never claimed to me that it never existed. I told the rep that I had the grandfathered option which they changed to a new option, and she did not dispute it. Maybe you just got a bad rep on the phone?

When I called in April, the rep merely told me the feature is not offered anymore several times, until I finally got it through his thick skull that I was calling because I already have the add-on and not because I wanted to add it. He then looked through his information and reported that the monthly option was scheduled to change to 1 GB and the daily option eventually would change to something too but they hadn't made the decision yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    They never claimed to me that it never existed. I told the rep that I had the grandfathered option which they changed to a new option, and she did not dispute it. Maybe you just got a bad rep on the phone?

When I called in April, the rep merely told me the feature is not offered anymore several times, until I finally got it through his thick skull that I was calling because I already have the add-on and not because I wanted to add it. He then looked through his information and reported that the monthly option was scheduled to change to 1 GB and the daily option eventually would change to something too but they hadn't made the decision yet.
    That's interesting. When I called the CSR told me that I had the 1GB option since 2011 and that there is no record of me having any unlimited internet browser option on my account or in the system.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anabioz View Post
    That's interesting. When I called the CSR told me that I had the 1GB option since 2011 and that there is no record of me having any unlimited internet browser option on my account or in the system.
    Seems like that was just a badly trained rep. I would guess the code associated with the feature didn't change but the name and limit did. So in their system it looks like the feature (with the current name) was on your account since the day you added the unlimited feature. But if they look in more detail they'd see it's the grandfathered feature based on the price.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    anyone generated overage billing so far? Wonder if it has any last glimpse of hope left haha.
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I remember something strange had come up before regarding that Self Serve thing. If I put a PC Mobile SIM inside a Bell branded phone, the Self Serve would have gone to Bell site (I don't remember it very clearly anymore as it was a while ago). Don't know if I have put a Bell SIM into a PC Mobile phone and see if the reverse is true. It seems that the triggering of the self serve function (SIM Toolkit I think) is somewhat limited.

Device(s)
    Nexus S, Samsung Blackjack i607
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo View Post
    I remember something strange had come up before regarding that Self Serve thing. If I put a PC Mobile SIM inside a Bell branded phone, the Self Serve would have gone to Bell site (I don't remember it very clearly anymore as it was a while ago). Don't know if I have put a Bell SIM into a PC Mobile phone and see if the reverse is true. It seems that the triggering of the self serve function (SIM Toolkit I think) is somewhat limited.
    My current phone is a Moto G from India (with dual SIM capability). Simply visiting bell.mobi using my PC Mobile SIM gets me logged in and accessing my account.

Device(s)
    Nexus S, Samsung Blackjack i607
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone been able to use the bell.mobi Self Serve "Add a Feature" function? I tried to add unlimited messaging, but it says "Unfortunately, we cannot process your request at this time. Please try again later."

I tried several times today. I just wonder if this has ever worked. I would prefer to use an automated system to add texting, rather than call in to trust a staff member to not mess up my still-a-bargain grandfathered data option.

Edit: I tried using the PC Mobile SMS account controls, too. They just silently fail when I try to add the option.
    Last edited by Ian Brantford; 06-13-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if calling in to 611 has the automated IVR to add features. Yes try not to mess up the data pay haha.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I was using this in my iPad and didn't get any notification and no changes in my usual usage too. I was up for renewal of service so I realized this change today, will report how it effects normal browsing sans the YouTube, live sports and tv apps I was so used to.....will talk to cs and file a complaint too.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    At least 2 posters on RedFlagDeals (see OP's post on the thread) has reported being billed for overage in recent days. They did not confirm their APN but I can only assume (but not confirmed) that they are using the same old (i.e. good / working) APN as before.

The interesting thing to note is overage monitoring, and which APN. And then, what if using the "wrong" APN (that got billed PPU before) today? Would both be counted exactly the same today? I guess nobody has done detailed tests on these things and reported in.

I think I will give up reloading 2 of my 3 lines, b/c of this. I do not think there would be much hope for unlimited (officiallyl or billing glitch wise); but just in case I want to make sure I will refill if there is some way to work it. I'm still on Rogers promo so I am not actively using this right now so I haven't really done much test on it.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Interesting, others are saying 15 cents per MB? I was told when I phoned in that my overage on the 25˘/day plan would be 5˘/MB.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think it should be 5 cents per mega bytes, and I think the $150/MB reference on that forum was probably a typo or a misunderstanding. But even $50/GB is a bit high today for overage. This is the sticking point for me as it is hard to monitor usage.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    A friend's account got drained, so the "working" APN is indeed enforced. I assume nobody had tested other APN s for this purpose. Likely it's now in sync with all, but don't know for sure unless someone tested all possible APN s though.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Check out the last page on the RedFlagDeals thread, because someone over there complained to CCTS, PC Mobile backed down and now has officially extended the expiration of the grandfathered per day plan to Sept 5 instead. Someone has also got PC Mobile to refund the charges during the unannounced change as well. This affects the Per Day Plan only.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast