Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: PC Mobile Unlimited Data CANCELED/REVOKED as of May 21, 2014 - DO panic

Device(s)
    Nexus S, Samsung Blackjack i607
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Whoa! In the last hour or two, many of my usual Web sites have become blank due to a new JavaScript dependency on address 64.230.195.105. A reverse lookup shows it as belonging to inbn1-toronto63_lo0.net.bell.ca. And just now, after I have a reply to this thread, HoFo formatting is all messed up! I normally use NoScript with this browser, so I can see changes that might be hidden to others. I suspect that Bell has upgraded its spying as many other ISP's have done, using on-the-fly rewriting of HTML and script. It is not happening with HTTPS sites.

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update and also this info. Should I turn on VPN from now on? Haha. Yes still many websites don't have HTTPS.
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm still at $0.25/day as usual today. Perhaps this text message that we got was some errant thing, that only applies to some other types of (monthly) accounts. Frankly, the notice for my monthly account is pretty unreliable, so I'd assume that this is a glitch instead of an harbinger of doom.

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Good, thanks. And my friend said there have been similar messages some time ago before also.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    Yeah I turned on the phone containing the PCMO SIM and got the same message. Sent 1:04 PM EST September 28.

Well, current balance as of today is $78.90. This is consistent with where it should be on a daily basis. I'll monitor what happens.
    OK well on the 29th my balance was $78.90 and 6 days later it's $1.50 less which is exactly where it should be. No larger charge was applied. Self Serve is still showing Per Day Mobile Browser.

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    A little O.T. Here, I see this thread http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1870283 . So I wonder if this might affect pc mobile our plan? Could it be possible that it's our old SIM card that is not LTE compatible ( since other providers you need to swap old SIM to get LTE) , and not provisioning? The difficult is the high risk for trying to get this SIM swap as you might lose the plan during the switch and it's worse.

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Anyone has problem today or lately?

Feedback Score
    ^What kind of Problems are you having?

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Cannot connect. See answers at RFD forum. The carrier accidentally changed something so all not working. They fixed it after a day. Surprised no discussions here at all.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo View Post
    A little O.T. Here, I see this thread http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1870283 . So I wonder if this might affect pc mobile our plan? Could it be possible that it's our old SIM card that is not LTE compatible ( since other providers you need to swap old SIM to get LTE) , and not provisioning? The difficult is the high risk for trying to get this SIM swap as you might lose the plan during the switch and it's worse.
    Following up after months... has anyone tried to upgrade their formerly unlimited PC Mobile data to LTE?

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    Following up after months... has anyone tried to upgrade their formerly unlimited PC Mobile data to LTE?
    I haven't yet. Worried about accidentally losing the plan and can't get it back. Since LTE eats battery and I used to turn it off when I had it on other services, it isn't that critical for me for the speed.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have two. My main account is the $5/month data plan that has now been reduced from unlimited to 1GB/month. My secondary account is the $0.25/day that went from unlimited to 1GB/day.

Obviously, it would have been nice to have the 1GB/day as my main line, but I have been happily using it as a hotspot. The 1GB/month one became my main line due to porting my longstanding number from a previous carrier (Fido with unlimited data at $50/month).

I'm thinking that I could try calling in to ask for LTE to be enabled on the 1GB/month line. This will require an updated phone and SIM, which aren't problems. If they mess it up and update my data plan to a current market one, I could still port my number out to a temporary prepaid account on another carrier and port back to the 1GB/day one, remaining at 3G. They've done the port before without changing the plan.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Good news on this old topic! I finally got a phone with LTE. I had previously updated one SIM card and updated the other today. While an update was needed just to get the Nano-SIM size, each card also supports LTE.

There was no need to ask PC Mobile for LTE provisioning in either case. It automatically worked on both my $5/month and $0.25/day accounts!

So, there is no need to fear asking for a change to your account and losing a grandfathered data option. It should be good to go.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7