Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: Tmobile Advantage program MAJOR changes!!

Phone
    Nokia 521
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yep, That would be the really bad thing about leaving--Losing my unlimited Data. I don't stream music, videos, or movies but its nice to have and not worry about

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gnd View Post
    Yep, That would be the really bad thing about leaving--Losing my unlimited Data. I don't stream music, videos, or movies but its nice to have and not worry about
    That's my issue... I do stream music a ton (most of my video streaming is on WiFi). I average between 16 and 20 GB per month streaming Play Music. I'm trying to cut back by caching music/looking at other services like Spotify that offer 96kbps Ogg Vorbis as their low quality option rather than 160kbps MP3 but I don't know if 5GB is really enough for me on Cricket. And yeah, they have the unlimited throttled data at 128kbps but that's nearly unusable.

Edit: And it's not just the loss of my discount, but I have been disillusioned with T-Mobile for a little while now due to their in-building coverage. I was just out to lunch and I got 5 bars of LTE at the door to the restaurant and no signal whatsoever inside. My friends on AT&T still had 5 bars of LTE inside. The outdoor coverage is great but not being able to use it at all in buildings is getting old.

Phone
    Nokia 521
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just got the postcard today. I would be less upset if I had just gotten a text from them telling me that the AAA discount is no more. Making me go through the motions of checking online AND THEN being told that its over just makes me mad. Maybe this is the kick that I needed to go elsewhere.

Phones
    Nexus 4
    Blackberry 9700
    Blackberry 8900
    Carriers
    T-mobile
    Vonage
    Feedback Score
    for the folks who had to upload a paycheck stub or other documents, how long did it take for T-mobile to verify and approve the discount?

Phones
    LG VX3300, Nokia 6030
    Samsung X495, Nokia 6101
    RazR V3 &Motorola Startac 130
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Just got the postcard today. I would be less upset if I had just gotten a text from them telling me that the AAA discount is no more. Making me go through the motions of checking online AND THEN being told that its over just makes me mad. Maybe this is the kick that I needed to go elsewhere.
    Had not thought of it in that way, but you are absolutely correct.

They already KNOW you are not eligible. But, to play a bit on "their side," without being on the "verification page" and being told I was not eligible -- and then being told I could check other possible discounts, such as my employer, I may never had done that step (of course, at the moment I do not know what discount is being offered "through my employer -- with my luck it will be a free SIM card).

I am also suspicious, as raised by an earlier poster -- how long my "supposed" employer discount will last -- if there even is a discount of any significance.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    OTOH, it is likely T-Mobile is using an automated program that merely sends the postcard, it isn't actually looking at how you are getting your current discount or that it is no longer available. While you can argue they maybe should add that feature, I don't think they intentionally are telling you to check knowing that you are not eligible. Also, as pointed out, it may help you find a different discount that you can qualify for.

Feedback Score
    I did it for government discount (back in early April) and the welcome e-mail acknowledging acceptance to Advantage Program was sent overnight. It has been 2 billing cycles since then and no change in billing date/discount, had to call in every month to get my 15%. I ended up forwarding the welcome e-mail to executive response team e-mail box and got a follow up call in 2 days. I was told my submission fell through cracks during the transition period but was assured that it will take effect at the end of existing billing cycle (including change of billing cycle date). I wrote down call back name & direct extension although I was assured that I will get a follow up call as well. So, keeping my fingers crossed. Hope you all don't have to go through this mess.

Phones
    Nexus 4
    Nexus 4
    HTC Glacier
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by archerian View Post
    for the folks who had to upload a paycheck stub or other documents, how long did it take for T-mobile to verify and approve the discount?
    I did it two weeks ago and it's still not confirmed yet.

Sent from my Nexus 4, while driving in my Evo9.

Feedback Score
    Just got the postcard today. I would be less upset if I had just gotten a text from them telling me that the AAA discount is no more.
    Technically, the AAA (and all other association discounts) ended on February 3, 2014. All they did was grandfather them - temporarily - until June 27, which is when you lose them if you don't find another discount.

Maybe this is Uncarrier 5.0. I can hear Legere now:

"You know how Uncarrier is about making a point of not doing what those other guys are doing? You know how those other guys will grandfather in your discount if they discontinue it? Well, WE'RE NOT GOING TO DO THAT! Aren't you glad? Join the Magenta Nation and you'll never have a discount grandfathered in again - EVER!"

Phone
    Nokia 521
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornos View Post
    Technically, the AAA (and all other association discounts) ended on February 3, 2014. All they did was grandfather them - temporarily - until June 27, which is when you lose them if you don't find another discount.
    No. At first they made it sound like all discounts were discontinued and then back peddled a little. They implied that all non work related discounts would be kept on (not just temporarily) and there was nothing to worry about. If they want to stop it, fine that's business. But to do it this way is just bad customer service. I wonder if AAA did drop T Mobile, or if its really the other way around

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    OTOH, it is likely T-Mobile is using an automated program that merely sends the postcard, it isn't actually looking at how you are getting your current discount or that it is no longer available. While you can argue they maybe should add that feature, I don't think they intentionally are telling you to check knowing that you are not eligible.
    Sure they are. Because everyone thus far who is reporting receiving a post card in this batch has an association discount. And apparently there's no way to renew an association discount because associations no longer have a discount agreement with T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    No. At first they made it sound like all discounts were discontinued and then back peddled a little. They implied that all non work related discounts would be kept on (not just temporarily) and there was nothing to worry about.
    No, they were discontinued (i.e. stopped being available) on February 3, 2014. I have a copy of the internal T-Mobile Association Discount Removal FAQ. The discount ended on February 3 because anyone otherwise eligible who signed up for T-Mobile postpaid service as of that date or later cannot get an Association Discount. They temporarily grandfathered in existing discount holders only until after the stink was raised about it died down. T-Mobile apparently decided instead to cut off people in waves instead of one big cut because they realized small waves make much less noise than one big one.

I wonder if AAA did drop T Mobile, or if its really the other way around
    T-Mobile definitely did the cutting off. From the Association Discount Removal FAQ:

T-Mobile has discontinued their association discounts. This change only affects individuals who are thinking
    about signing up. Members and employees on the T-Mobile Advantage Program as of February 3, 2014 will
    continue to receive their discount.

IMHO that last sentence is rather precious because when T-Mobile issued this statement they had to have known they were going to kill off grandfathering in this discount.

Feedback Score
    I have always been on AAA discount and I just got the postcard, put in my details and got the message that AAA discount is no longer valid.

Is it confirmed that ALL association membership discounts are discontinued even though the Association Discount Removal FAQ document says that grandfathered members will continue to receive the discount?

Also, Corporate Perks is also considered an association correct? If so, there would be no point trying to switch from AAA to Corporate Perks as they would remove that or would be ineligible as well?

TIA,
    KG

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Verizon (MiFi)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kgdg View Post
    Also, Corporate Perks is also considered an association correct? If so, there would be no point trying to switch from AAA to Corporate Perks as they would remove that or would be ineligible as well?
    From what I can tell, Corporate Perks is considered an employee discount (just where Corporate Perks negotiates it instead of your specific employer). I was able to sign up for the discount with Corporate Perks after the new association signups were ended (but before the change for employee discounts).

Feedback Score
    I emailed tmonews about the recent reports in this thread. Others that are concerned with the loss of association discounts may want to do the same. If T-Mobile gets enough bad publicity, they may backpedal on this as well.

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast