Thread: Unlock HTC M8 used AT&T no LTE

Feedback Score

Unlock HTC M8 used AT&T no LTE

I just bought a new HTC m8 Phone and go to AT&T to get a New sim Card, however I cannot get 4G LTE service. After reading a few things online they say that you cannot get AT&T LTE service on an unlocked phone. Can someone please explain the reason to me and advise what can I do to get LTE service? I used my friend's T-mobile sim card and it works, but I don't wanna switch the carrier, pls help, thanks!!!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    From what I understand, AT&T can specifically set certain accounts/lines/SIMs to not activate LTE. Contact CS.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    We had a similar issue - until recently we both had Nexus 4 (no LTE), while out daughter has an iPhone 5 (LTE).

When my wife replaced her Nexus 4 with an LTE-compatible LG G Flex (locked to AT&T), she wasn't getting LTE on it. I tried changing the APN from 'phone' to 'pta' (which I had heard was required for LTE - it isn't BTW), but that didn't help.

We were near a store and decided to stop in rather than call CS. It took them a few minutes to figure out, but the net result was (based on an email I got afterwards) that they changed the provisioning(?) for that individual line from MOBILESHAREVSM54T to MOBILESHAREVSL54VT.

Mike

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sar840t2 View Post
    We had a similar issue - until recently we both had Nexus 4 (no LTE), while out daughter has an iPhone 5 (LTE).

When my wife replaced her Nexus 4 with an LTE-compatible LG G Flex (locked to AT&T), she wasn't getting LTE on it. I tried changing the APN from 'phone' to 'pta' (which I had heard was required for LTE - it isn't BTW), but that didn't help.

We were near a store and decided to stop in rather than call CS. It took them a few minutes to figure out, but the net result was (based on an email I got afterwards) that they changed the provisioning(?) for that individual line from MOBILESHAREVSM54T to MOBILESHAREVSL54VT.

Mike
    Hi Mike,

so your phone have LTE service now? I went to the store, but the sales told me the unlock phone doesn't have the at&t fully network service, also I called the CS, and she said the same thing. Now, I feel hopeless...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chienru View Post
    Hi Mike,

so your phone have LTE service now? I went to the store, but the sales told me the unlock phone doesn't have the at&t fully network service, also I called the CS, and she said the same thing. Now, I feel hopeless...
    Yes, the LG G Flex that was not connecting to LTE is now able to connect to LTE after they made the provisioning(?) change.

I don't know enough about the various models of the HTC One M8, but possibly if you bought a non-AT&T model, it might not have AT&T's LTE bands in the radio (just a guess). That might be what they mean.

According to HTC both the unlocked and developer models support LTE Quad Band (Bands 17/4/2/5). I don't recall what bands AT&T uses, but it should be fairly easy to find that information, and I'd be really surprised if the unlocked or developer versions (sold in the USA) didn't support LTE.

Mike