Thread: Has anyone sold an activated AV sim with a balance?

Feedback Score

Question Has anyone sold an activated AV sim with a balance?

I like AirVoice service, but think I would be better off going with Republic Wireless. I am on the $10/mo. plan and have a healthy balance (around $70). I would like to sell it so the minutes don't go to waste. Has anyone done this? Where's the best place to list? Ebay? Buy/Sell/Trade forum here?

Nancy
    Last edited by NancyCar; 04-13-2014 at 01:03 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I don't think it doable. The balance is assoicated with the number of the account. So is the sim card. If you sell it then the buyer would have your number and balance. But I wouldn't want to buy other's account.

Feedback Score
    I figured that the number/account will transfer too. But since I apply refills with cards I buy through a third party, I'm not concerned about risk for me or the buyer. I don't need to keep the number. There's a query on the RW site that tells you whether you can port your number or not. (I don't know why. Please don't ask.) It tells me I need to get a new number.

Feedback Score
    I was under the impression you could move sim cards from phone to phone and keep your service and number. Is your area code from where you live now? If it is you could sell it locally. I think in the terms of service they say "Any person that is able to verify your mobile number, SIM card number and/or account information is authorized by you to make changes on your account."

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket CDMA $10 Essentials
    Feedback Score
    Checking on this too. Has anyone sold a sim card with a large balance on it. I realize you'd have to get the name changed. Airvoice does say they can change the phone number on a sim.
    TZ