Thread: GS3 crap battery life after 4.3 update

Feedback Score

GS3 crap battery life after 4.3 update

I've been experiencing disappointing battery life since the android 4.3 update last month. I know there's been a lot of discussion and advice by t-mo reps on various forums, but it simply isn't accurate. The party line is "something you installed on your phone is causing increased battery drain after the 4.3 update." However, my partner and I have two identical T-mo galaxy S3's. We have entirely different sets of apps installed on our phones. As soon as we installed the 4.3 update, both of our phones started to drain rapidly faster than before the update. On 4.2 our phones would last to 50% by the end of the day (~8pm) with light to moderate use. Now they're at ~20% by the end of the day, and I can see my battery levels drop faster just while using the phone. This is totally unacceptable. I've downloaded battery monitoring apps, and no apps I've installed are draining the battery, it's the system and kernel that take up most of the cpu. I refuse to do a factory reset because there's so many reports of this not doing anything. There's clearly a bug in the 4.3 update for the SG3. Anyone had any real success fixing this issue? I believe we need a software update from T-mo to fully rectify this.

Feedback Score
    anyone had success just rooting and going back to the 4.2.2 stock rom? My battery drains so quickly on 4.3