Thread: whats up?

Device(s)
    too many to place them here
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(main)
    Feedback Score

San Fransisco whats up?

Hey guys

it's been a long time so I decided to stop by here an say hi to fellow keitai enthusiasts, I myself moved to CA from NJ and sort of have stopped creating content for keitais and android in general, I took down my blog for a while but im hoping in bringing it back but that is something I still have to plan.

how's everybody doing? I recall this forum been more active than it is now, all that hypersim talk and reviews of keitais, man those were the days. I am currently helping zerox678 with a project as a web designer and although im currently unemployed I have to say everything is doing good (hopefully money wise will get better too).

So , once again, how are you guys doing lately?
    We lose as much as we gain through life, and that includes who we used to be.

I WANT TO BUY A FUJITSU ESPRIMO DH550!!

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, the forum seems dead, or nearly, at any rate now... Japanese phones are basically the same as the rest, nothing to discuss. That's what globalization brings
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Carrier(s)
    Personal (Argentina)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    Japanese phones are basically the same as the rest, nothing to discuss. That's what globalization brings
    That's very true. For example, I remember watching in 2008 this video of a japanese phone running a game which had PSP graphics: it blew my mind (I just had a Nokia N82 at that time, and although it was a pretty good phone, the best it could do was almost PS1 graphics, and that was considered incredible at that moment ((most of the phones here in my country, at that time, were lucky to properly run 2D games)) ).

Nowadays the smartphones are identical everywhere. Maybe some versions have a little bit more processing power, but it doesn't really make a difference.

Device(s)
    HTC One X
    Carrier(s)
    AU by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    Yeah the only difference nowadays are in osaifu keitai and other J features, some design (zl2 and isai which differ from z2 and g3, for example), and some sharp or Fujitsu models which will be never sold overseas but are lately too locked down for use overseas (word of docomo phones disabling tethering unless with docomo apn), or too bloated with local bloatware..

Makes sense this forum is mostly dead, but good to know we all still think of each other hehe

Feedback Score
    Didn't what to make a new thread, so I'd thought I post it here.

I'm planning on purchasing a new smartphone and I'm leaning towards purchasing a Japanese one because I just detest the popular brands the majority of people use (Apple, Samsung). I'm leading towards the Fujitsu F-01F right now, and just wanted to get some opinions from those who have experience with Japanese smartphones. For example, is it still possible to update the phone overseas? (Phone Firmware and Android). Besides the possible restrictions patrixl noted, are there any more restrictions that would make say a Samsung phone advantageous. I know the flip phones are pretty restricted overseas, so I'm hoping the smartphones aren't anything like that.

Thank you

Device(s)
    Docomo Aquos SH-04F
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RainyBM View Post
    Didn't what to make a new thread, so I'd thought I post it here.

I'm planning on purchasing a new smartphone and I'm leaning towards purchasing a Japanese one because I just detest the popular brands the majority of people use (Apple, Samsung). I'm leading towards the Fujitsu F-01F right now, and just wanted to get some opinions from those who have experience with Japanese smartphones. For example, is it still possible to update the phone overseas? (Phone Firmware and Android). Besides the possible restrictions patrixl noted, are there any more restrictions that would make say a Samsung phone advantageous. I know the flip phones are pretty restricted overseas, so I'm hoping the smartphones aren't anything like that.

Thank you
    It would be best next time to make your own thread and not hijack others

I have recently bought a Docomo SH-04F 4.4.2 keitai from a fellow good buddy at Kyoex and I'm using on AT&T here in the US. I am currently getting HSPA+ speeds and I feel like it's the same speeds as on LTE (AT&T sucks LTE is too slow) I am not able to update my phones software because I have to be in Japan using a Docomo SIM card. I have tried many times but it simply wont update while overseas. Other than that everything works great! All I had to do was insert my SIM, add the AT&T data plan, and that's it!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(main)
    Feedback Score
    shameless bump, i still remember looking at the Galapagos 003SH and drool over that phone, now everythig is just the same, look the same , there is no creativity anymore when it comes to phone design which was also the main reason why we all here were into keitais!

Carrier(s)
    Telstra Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Oh wow, this forum reminds me of a lot of keitai goodness back then

I still have my SH-07B and F-02D but my main daily driver is a XPERIA Z2 which is an international SO-03F

My favourite keitai of all time: The SH-01B. It's just so pretty!

Name:  03_px450.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  62.8 KB
    The Sheep Butler at your service
    Currently using: iPhone 4S

Previous phones: 3210.3200.X430.V200.K750i.RAZR V3i.5300 XpressMusic.N73.W910i.iPhone 3G.W595.E71.SH-07B.iPhone 4S.iPhone 5.Note II.XPERIA Z.XPERIA Z1.Note 3.F-02D.XPERIA Z2.LG G3.XPERIA Z3

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    I still have a 903SH fully functional flashed with HK/UK hybrid firmware (allowed MP3 ringtones). That's somewhere on my shelf. If I ever find that I find my 923SH

It's all good (^_^)

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...668534-IonNuke <<< My Feedback... rising from the dead.

Everyone's on their own for hypersims. I'm out har har har har har~~~~

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(main)
    Feedback Score
    i agree with qwerty1235, they don't make them with LED lights anymore.....*sigh* , and IonNuke , dude you disappear......scratch that i kinda vanished from earth! the 903SH is LEGENDARY

Device(s)
    Docomo Aquos SH-04F
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Did someone say 923SH?? I have mine laying around haha

Name:  B4YzwO-CQAAr238.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  42.7 KB
    Name:  B4Yzw9aCAAA1SBh.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  44.8 KB

Taken with my SH-04F ;D

I haven't charged this bad boy in 8 months and it's still holding it's charge at 100%

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(main)
    Feedback Score
    back then i wanted the Galapagos 003SH!

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    I had a 003SH...... some many moons ago.

Now I just have my OnePlus One with bamboo housing

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am using my 005SH at the moment for calls only. 49% battery left after 2 days and 21 hours!

Carrier(s)
    Globe Telecom-PH
    Feedback Score
    and until now I'm still looking a 007SH that hybrid phone..

and currently I'm still into Japanese phones, regardless of keitai or smartphone. They're all unique

painful moment I bricked 203SH and 005SH (due to no backup lol) attempting them to sim-free them

and this now.. that aquos crystal X.. wanting that badly...

Overall once again, I'm still fond for japanese phones which I will still continue hunting japanese surplus stores in our area.. :v
    отморозков

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast