Thread: Roam Mobility getting LTE on July 7th?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Roam Mobility getting LTE on July 7th?

Treatz just noticed that Roam put out a release announcing that they're getting LTE roaming starting July 7th. The release was promptly removed but not before Treatz managed to grab a copy.

Roam Mobility announces its new USA 4G LTE Network for Canadians Travelling Across the Border
    VANCOUVER, British Columbia – July 2, 2014 – Canada may be slowing down for summer holidays, but today Roam Mobility announces its new 4G LTE Network for Canadian travellers to the USA. Starting July 7, Roam Mobility customers can experience blazing-fast 4G LTE data speeds, with improved coverage across the USA.

Roam Mobility’s 4G LTE Network launches in the most popular destinations in the USA and across the nation, including New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Dallas, Seattle, Atlanta, Miami, and many others.

Customers with compatible devices can take advantage of these faster speeds and upcoming features with their existing Roam Mobility SIM cards after a one-time upgrade is enabled.

“Our 4G LTE Network doesn’t just bring faster data speeds,” says Emir Aboulhosn, CEO of Roam Mobility. “It’s the first of many new services we’ll be announcing in the coming weeks that we expect to have a big impact on Canadian roaming services.”

Today’s news builds on months of development and focus for the Vancouver-based company, which launched back in 2012 and has since become the leading independent roaming service for Canadians travelling south of the border through its hundreds of retailer partners and nearly 2000 locations.

In the coming weeks, Roam Mobility will make a series of announcements around new plans and features. “We are always engaging our customers for feedback as we strive to make our products even better” says Emir. “Our new plans will include features such as unlimited data, easier plan scheduling, international long-distance calling, and lower introductory pricing.”

For more on Roam’s new 4G LTE Network, visit
    www.roammobility.com/lte-network-upgrade

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Makes sense. Ultra Mobile in the US (T-Mobile MVNO) will be adding LTE on July 1st, so I guess T-Mobile has finally decided to give all their MVNO/wholesale customers LTE access.
    http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2014...codes-and.html

So far T-Mobile is only using band 4 (1700MHz/AWS) for LTE - although they've mentioned they plan on using band 12 700MHz and band 2 1900MHz in rural areas in the future.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Or maybe the notice was pulled because the deal fell through?

I hope that isn't the case...

Feedback Score
    The issue of T Mobile (or R M) is not about the lack of LTE. Even though this link is about AT&T network LTE speed, the same argument applies

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...aster-than-LTE

What is important is not about the top speed (LTE). It is the ping rate and coverage.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Roam jumping the gun?

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Its better to be reliable, hopefully their LTE network is... Roam has been pretty flakey for me for years and different phones.

Feedback Score
    Got my email and upgraded... $1.95 later.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Bell (Personal)
    Feedback Score
    Hi, do i need to upgrade my Sim if I don't have a 4G capable phone? I use my unlocked iPhone 4S device when travelling to USA and if upgrading SIM means improve performance and speed on my 3G phone then I don't mind spending an extra 1.95.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by szain View Post
    Hi, do i need to upgrade my Sim if I don't have a 4G capable phone? I use my unlocked iPhone 4S device when travelling to USA and if upgrading SIM means improve performance and speed on my 3G phone then I don't mind spending an extra 1.95.
    No you won't see any improved speeds on a 3G only phone so there's no point.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Im in florida using an iphone 5s and only 3G no 4G, I did open a ticket with roam and they will email me back in 24 hours saying that the area does not have 4G.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pistol View Post
    Im in florida using an iphone 5s and only 3G no 4G, I did open a ticket with roam and they will email me back in 24 hours saying that the area does not have 4G.
    Did you check their coverage map for 4G?

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Yes i did and also call to make sure. 3G is ok but could be better