Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Welcome to the cricket/AIO forum

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sandy Utah
    Posts
    1,011
    Device(s)
    Hero, Touch (Vogue), Touch (Vogue), Hero, TP, Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Green Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Welcome to the cricket/AIO forum

    Welcome to our forum, some you know me from when it was just the cricket "old cricket forum" and to some I am "the new guy"... A little about me...

    I was with the old cricket for 4 yrs, I have moderated here for 4 or 5 yrs "I forget". I own a wireless services company, I flash phones, unlock phones, and know about phones. I'm old school when it comes to flashing and unlocking. For those that listened to my predictions since 2009 that AT&T would buy cricket it came true.
    I'm a Utahn
    I don't spend all day on here but do check daily and get updates every morning.
    Feel free to report posts that you feel violate rules or send me a PM.


    I'm not a hard nosed moderator, but I do ask that every member take a moment to review the rules, we don't need bumping posts to get a referral or spamming to get referrals. I have a listen the first time theory so if I give a warning once private or public please listen to it. I don't like to edit/delete posts/threads or issue warnings/bans, so please lets all get along.

    Thanks
    whitey10tc

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    4,900
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just have one question. Why did you stay with cricket CDMA so long ?
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sandy Utah
    Posts
    1,011
    Device(s)
    Hero, Touch (Vogue), Touch (Vogue), Hero, TP, Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Green Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    I just have one question. Why did you stay with cricket CDMA so long ?
    I stayed on the CDMA side for so long for a few reasons, the ease of writing CDMA flashing solutions, it was cheap I was on a grandfathered $30 unlimited plan, but last year I did make the move to Green Mobile a small local MVNO that uses the AT&T network along with the other three big networks.
    I'm a licensed dealer for most all pre-paids.

    Both the old and new cricket have their problems, I predict crickets churn will increase by 5-20% by year end and that will be the CDMA users leaving.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    4,900
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    0
    I see the biggest value in Cricket is the group plan. $22 per line with unlimited talk and text and 500mb beats Sprint Framily. The AT&T signal is a plus and the MMS that works on iphone was what sealed the deal for me, coming from H2O.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    841
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have gotta thank whitey10tc for being such a good, proactive mod. You participate in the forum, share info, respond to concerns, etc. Thanks for what you do.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
    I stayed on the CDMA side for so long for a few reasons, the ease of writing CDMA flashing solutions, it was cheap I was on a grandfathered $30 unlimited plan, but last year I did make the move to Green Mobile a small local MVNO that uses the AT&T network along with the other three big networks.
    I'm a licensed dealer for most all pre-paids.

    Both the old and new cricket have their problems, I predict crickets churn will increase by 5-20% by year end and that will be the CDMA users leaving.
    I'm in Utah also, and I'm curious what Green Mobile is. What part of the state are you in if you don't mind my asking?

    via the HoFo App

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    whitey10tc,
    Thanks for doing the good work here.
    Hey, listen, what is the meaning of various symbols next to the threads in this forum? Ie: some threads have red envelope and the other have gray envelope next to them and some of them have a price tag-like thingy.
    I did figure out the thread rating, attachment, and the green check mark (subscribed) on my own.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    N/W Tennessee
    Posts
    1,374
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by friendly_jacek View Post
    what is the meaning of various symbols next to the threads in this forum? Ie: some threads have red envelope and the other have gray envelope next to them and some of them have a price tag-like thingy.
    I did figure out the thread rating, attachment, and the green check mark (subscribed) on my own.
    The icon legend can be found at the bottom of the forum page.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dougeeebear View Post
    The icon legend can be found at the bottom of the forum page.
    Good point, I missed the legend. I doesn't explain the meaning of blue price tag though.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sandy Utah
    Posts
    1,011
    Device(s)
    Hero, Touch (Vogue), Touch (Vogue), Hero, TP, Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Green Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dilligan View Post
    I'm in Utah also, and I'm curious what Green Mobile is. What part of the state are you in if you don't mind my asking?

    via the HoFo App
    I'm in Sandy, actually White City. Green Mobile is a small MVNO that targets corp accounts, veterans and law enforcement. The company also operates under a DBA that runs a competing forum so I won't name that name.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sandy Utah
    Posts
    1,011
    Device(s)
    Hero, Touch (Vogue), Touch (Vogue), Hero, TP, Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Green Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by friendly_jacek View Post
    Good point, I missed the legend. I doesn't explain the meaning of blue price tag though.
    THe colored envelopes represent a thread with a new message post, the color like red means it's hot, a lot of views. The "price tag" is actually a tag meaning key words have been entered.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
    I'm in Sandy, actually White City. Green Mobile is a small MVNO that targets corp accounts, veterans and law enforcement. The company also operates under a DBA that runs a competing forum so I won't name that name.
    Oh, okay. Cool!

    via the HoFo App

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have moved from ST to Cricketwireless as of today.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hi
    So im in a bit of a mixup here so let me explain myself, i decided to try cricket wireless just to see if i would like it compared to my previous carrier; MetroPCS. I have an LG G3 from sprint, it is unlocked and worked perfect with both H20 and MetroPCS using the Apn Manager App from the play store. When i inserted my newly activated cricket sim card and setup the correct Apn information (with the $60.00 10gb data plan) i could only make and recieve calls, but no internet connection was possible. Thats about it from their, thanks for your help.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26
    Feedback Score
    0
    I moved my wife and daughter from Walmart Mobile to Cricket. They are very happy so far and I am happy to be saving dough. Bought my wife the LG L70 they had for $20 promo and my daughter brought her LG L90 over with her. Got the L90 unlocked from TMO and popped in the cricket sim and within seconds she was on the network. Cricket sent updates for the phones APN and internet settings. Installed them and good to go so far. Thanks Cricket and thanks to this forum. I have found lots of good info here to get us started on right track with Cricket

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 83
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 09:17 AM
  2. Welcome to the Samsung Forum!
    By Moderator HF 3 in forum Samsung
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 04:00 AM
  3. Welcome to the new Apple iPhone SDK forums!
    By axc51 in forum iOS SDK Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 02:09 AM
  4. Welcome to the VZW Employment Sub-Forum
    By Moderator HF 6 in forum VZW Employees and Agents Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 09:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks