Thread: Sprint Direct Connect SIM Card

Feedback Score

Sprint Direct Connect SIM Card

I have a Motorola Admiral with Sprint Direct Connect (which we don't use) through my work. It is horrible. Can I buy any unlocked phone that takes Sprint and swap out the SIM Card or does it need to have Direct Connect access?

Thanks!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you're not using Direct Connect, then your choice of phone doesn't matter.
    However, the SIM you are talking about is for 4G service I believe, and I would need someone else to chime in here, but usually those SIMs are tied to the device.
    (After Research)
    I am looking at the specs for Motorola Admiral XT603 on Gsmarena.com, and it says that the Admiral is a 3G phone, and it's not a world phone, so I'm actually not sure why this phone has a SIM at all, unless it's for backwards-compatibility with iDEN.

I hope this is half-helpful.
    -Chrs

Feedback Score
    It is a 3G. I am not that savvy with this stuff, but I don't want to go out and pay for an unlocked phone, only to find out that I can't swap out the card.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thats why i'm hoping someone else chimes in here. I actually don't know if the SIM is necessary for your line being a 3G device.
    With Sprint, you wouldn't swap the SIM card, you would have to do a Phone swap, either by logging into Sprint online, or by going to Sprint, assuming your company lets you access their corporate account.
    If you feel lucky, You could try pulling the SIM out of the phone and see if it connects when you turn it back on, to see if the SIM is required or not.
    -Chris

Feedback Score
    Thanks Chris…I will try!