Thread: Any way to update my SH-04F?

Device(s)
    Docomo Aquos SH-04F
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Any way to update my SH-04F?

Hello everyone!

I've had my SH-04F for about a month now and all I can say is I love it!!

The only thing is, the SH-04F received an update not too sure how long ago and I'm hoping it's related to the device sometimes not being responsive with some of the special features.

I don't think there is root just yet for this phone, but there is a fota folder in / I'm guessing that's where the phone downloads the update and then flashes it right over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The updates released for the SH-04F are as follows:

- Fixed restarting issue during operation (9 June 2014 -> 01.00.04)
    - Fixed restarting issue while using FeelUX or during screen rotation; added VoLTE feature (27 June 2014 -> 01.01.02)
    - Fixed issue with vibration setting change when turning off Manner mode (29 July 2014 -> 01.01.03)

I have been thinking about the FOTA folder and the chance to trick the phone, but you first need to find the update files from somewhere - and the phone needs to have the same build version like yours... I think that's pretty difficult.

Sadly, Docomo have not lifted the restriction to only update when using the home network, so your best (and only) chance seems to be sending the phone to Japan.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Canada
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxRichievxxx View Post
    Hello everyone!

I've had my SH-04F for about a month now and all I can say is I love it!!

The only thing is, the SH-04F received an update not too sure how long ago and I'm hoping it's related to the device sometimes not being responsive with some of the special features.

I don't think there is root just yet for this phone, but there is a fota folder in / I'm guessing that's where the phone downloads the update and then flashes it right over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!
    You can update your phone now by downloading the UpAny app in play store. I tried it and now my phone is updated to the latest software version.
    Cheers buddy!