Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Can I get the $40 Canada Wide Plan 1Gb Data as a New Customer?

Device(s)
    Samsung Gravity 2 (Wind HSPA)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score

Can I get the $40 Canada Wide Plan 1Gb Data as a New Customer?

Ive been out of the country for a while and will return for 3 months so I need service only for this time.

According to the website there is a $40 plan with 1GB data for $40 but the website says it is for "existing clients only"

Technically if I sign up for the $19 plan, I will then be an existing client, so could I call them the next day and upgrade to the $40 plan?

I tried to search for the answer but nothing came up.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I just called up Public and they said effective September 2nd, anyone can sign up on any of their plans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by D-layer View Post
    I just called up Public and they said effective September 2nd, anyone can sign up on any of their plans.
    that's great! How about the 2 months free promo? Do you have to be on their service for x number of months before we receive the credit? Does it apply to new customers or old ones only?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I called them back to ask if the 2 months free will apply.. I waited on hold for 30 minutes, then got a fast busy signal and got disconnected. I wasnt interested in spending another 30 minutes to call again.

The other question is, it says unlimited long distance in Canada for $40, and it looks like there is no zones, so I would like to confirm if I am camping up North and call Toronto, that there would be no long distance involved.
    From what I read, it appears to be unlimited, no long distance, no zones calling, but it would be great if someone here could confirm that.

Feedback Score
    I called them back to ask if the 2 months free will apply.. I waited on hold for 30 minutes, then got a fast busy signal and got disconnected. I wasnt interested in spending another 30 minutes to call again.

The other question is, it says unlimited long distance in Canada for $40, and it looks like there is no zones, so I would like to confirm if I am camping up North and call Toronto, that there would be no long distance involved.
    From what I read, it appears to be unlimited, no long distance, no zones calling, but it would be great if someone here could confirm that.
    Its using the Telus 4g network so I would say your assumption is correct

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Actually, no need to call them at all. Just use the self serve portal on the web: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ . As for the LD, there would be no charges.

As for the 2 months credit, I believe that was for old customers migrating from the CDMA network to the new system, only.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CGY Guy View Post
    Actually, no need to call them at all. Just use the self serve portal on the web: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ . As for the LD, there would be no charges.

As for the 2 months credit, I believe that was for old customers migrating from the CDMA network to the new system, only.
    Guess I will stay with my current provider then..

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Well, depending on what you have now, it's still a significant savings over any other plan.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info CGY.. If I was going to be in Toronto for a longer time, I'd look into the Koodo MB/SK plan but for 3 months I dont want to get a credit check just for that.

Public seems like a pretty good deal. Although I am afraid I will exceed the small 1GB limit pretty fast.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    There's also the $60 plan with 2 gigs, and US calling as well. Not sure what the overage price is with PM, but if you can use wifi as much as possible, you might keep it low.

http://www.publicmobile.ca/pmconsumer/plans?lang=en#

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Anyone can now once you in system. Difficulty is getting a Sim to activate by Sept 2nd :P. Sim availability may improve.

Carrier(s)
    Public, TMo PP, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Their site no longer (Sep 3) shows the plans with data, nor the data boosters. Maybe "anyone can sign up on any of their plans" is true, but the data plans are gone? It only shows the $19 and $25 plans, and says
    Data service not available to new activations
    which _could_ mean you have to be an existing customer (i.e. do what it says above), or it _could_ mean that new activations, i.e. accounts activated starting now, no longer get data at all.

Haven't been able to get my friend's online login activated (and they're moved over from the CDMA days). Has anyone activated at $19 or $25 since they took the data plans off, and successfully switched to a $40 or greater plan, or even seen a booster offered?

Thanks!
    =aw

Carrier(s)
    Public, TMo PP, H2O
    Feedback Score
    PM blog is gone too.

=aw

Feedback Score
    I've been following Public since they've opened up, more or less, and seeing them butchered and pretty much destroyed by Telus was not a pleasant sight... I almost wish that Telus would just put it out of its misery.

RIP, little buddy.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TelecomZombie View Post
    Anyone can now once you in system. Difficulty is getting a Sim to activate by Sept 2nd :P. Sim availability may improve.
    I put in multiple online orders for various size SIMs
    We shall see if they actually mail them out or no
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast