Thread: 10+ year customer, Rogers won't budge on pricing?

Feedback Score

10+ year customer, Rogers won't budge on pricing?

Been with rogers for a really long time (10+ years probably). I WAS paying something like $50+tax/month for 6gb data, 250 mins + unlimited incoming/R2R, unlimited texts, etc...

Seems those days are definitely over, however the best they offered me through retentions was $75(+tax)/month for Unlimited talk/text + 2GB data.

I could probably do with 1-2GB data plans, but even $75 is more expensive than the publicly posted, non-contract rates of Fido+Koodo, plus I'd be doing BYOD for another 10% off their $70 price points.

Honestly I kind of just want to stay with rogers to make it easier, but they seem to not want to budge at all on pricing. Any way they'll come down lower for me, or should I just get on with moving away from them?

Feedback Score
    Nope they will not budge. If you're going to do BYOD, you can just keep your current 6GB plan and just buy whatever device you want outright and keep your current plan if you prefer to stay with Rogers.

The ideal customer for Rogers and the other "premium" brands is someone who willingly pays $80+ per month and willing to sign a contract for large hardware subsidies on premium devices. For everyone else, they have the flanker brands.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B407 View Post
    Nope they will not budge. If you're going to do BYOD, you can just keep your current 6GB plan and just buy whatever device you want outright and keep your current plan if you prefer to stay with Rogers.

The ideal customer for Rogers and the other "premium" brands is someone who willingly pays $80+ per month and willing to sign a contract for large hardware subsidies on premium devices. For everyone else, they have the flanker brands.
    "problem" is, even with my current plan, I'm paying:
    $20 250 weekday/unlimited 6pm evening
    $22 iPhone value pack w/ unlimited messages
    $5 canadian LD (I'll probably remove this I guess...)
    $30 6GB data
    $10 unlimited incoming
    $5 rogers 2 rogers
    $6.95 SAF

before I had a bunch of credits which all expired/they refused to extend...

So I guess at the bare minimum I'd still have to pay $20+$22+$30+$6.95, right? That's still $90 after tax

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    It's time to move on, it seems. They'd rather you churn, then keep you. Unlock your device, and leave.

2 gigs on Koodo with a BYOD is $63, and unlimited Canada-wide and global texting. Vmail and caller ID included.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Try Pub Mob before leaving Rogers Network that apparently has been acceptable to you for 10 years.
    Be aware that Telus, Komodo and Pub Mobs Data speeds seem to be much slower than Rogers.
    Pub Mob is MTM and sims are free online.

Another option is too acquire an all in grandfathered plan on Rogers or Fido.
    Check BST here and Kijii.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Careful, Pubic doesn't offer data plans any more.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Chatrlicity:
    $30 Unlimited NAM , $30 Unlimited Province Wide

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Yes, they do. You just have to be a customer first. I can add data to mine if I choose. I ported a number in late July to PM, and it shows up.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Big 3 are all playing hardball on new upgrades for existing customers they all want us off the older better deal for the customer plans

Just buy a new phone unlocked and keep your existing plan. Since there is no real competition in most of Canada we won't see any deals in the near future

via the HoFo App
    Rogers Loyalty Package W/4GB Data

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I have a $50 unlimited USA plan, 6Gb data and $11 value pack and I just called into Rogers to see if they will renew a $5 data credit and they said no.

Been a customer for a long time and they have now taken away $20 of loyalty credits ($15 monthly discount when I renewed my term and $5 now) I have earned and do not even offer up any reasons or alternatives options.

COntract is up next September and I guess it is time to leave as they just don't care to retain the business.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Even with you losing your discount on your N/A plan there is nothing that comes close price wise with the unlimited calling and 6 Gig data

Until Rogers sees a Tone of people leaving and fewer people signing up the new share plans will continue to be over priced and will probably go up next year customer appreciation and loyalty are long gon for the mighty $$$ for the investors and the big cash bonus's paid out to the top and middle level execs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mchammered View Post
    I have a $50 unlimited USA plan, 6Gb data and $11 value pack and I just called into Rogers to see if they will renew a $5 data credit and they said no.

Been a customer for a long time and they have now taken away $20 of loyalty credits ($15 monthly discount when I renewed my term and $5 now) I have earned and do not even offer up any reasons or alternatives options.

COntract is up next September and I guess it is time to leave as they just don't care to retain the business.
    I know they should care but they don't. The csr likely in his twenties is more concerned about what's going on Friday night than the customer on the other end of the phone.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn2004 View Post
    That's still $90 after tax
    Just like CGY Guy has suggested, pack your things, and move to Koodo, or to Fido even, since Rogers' network has worked out for you well enough.

Google still sells the Nexus 5, in case you need an unlocked phone for $349/$399, and don't want to be tied down. Or unlock your current phone, if you haven't already. OnePlus is even cheaper, and it should be available without an invite, supposedly, but a quick look at their website suggests otherwise (maybe because I don't have an account there). Still, take a look. Here's the article: http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/12/10/on...ext-two-weeks/

Don't let Rogers push you around. Make your own way. You will never win with Rogers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mchammered View Post

I renewed this plan and it is now 70$ per month for two years with iphone 6+ just one month back.