Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Page Plus 4G LTE Activation Information, Upgrading, and Compatibility

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Page Plus 4G LTE Activation Information, Upgrading, and Compatibility

To use Page Plus 4GLTE Service you must be on one of the following Plans and use a Verizon Compatible 4GLTE Phone. (Sprint etc. Devices will not work with 4G)

$29.95 Talk n Text 1200 500 MB Data

$39.95 Unlimited Talk n Text 1GB Data

$55.00 Unlimited Talk n Text 3GB Data

$69.95 5 GB of Data Unlimited Talk n Text

No other plans are compatible with Page Plus 4GLTE Service

Viper
    Last edited by Viper32; 10-15-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Requirements for 4G LTE Service With PagePlus

Requirements for 4G LTE Service With PagePlus

1) Verizon 4G compatible handset
    2) PagePlus 4G sim card of proper size for your device (mini, micro, nano sim)
    3) 4G/LTE service in your geographic area
    4) Monthly plan of $29.95 or higher (including $39.95, $55, $69.95)

More details about each requirement:

1) Verizon 4G Compatible handset: Any postpaid Verizon 4G/LTE phone. This includes any handset marketed for Verizon's postpaid 4G service. The device must contain a sim slot. The IMEI (esn) must be clear. Devices blacklisted for lost/stolen/unpaid or other reasons will not work. Any Sprint, Cricket, US Cellular, Alltel device will **NOT** work, even if it has a sim slot. Each carrier uses unique frequencies (bands) for their 4G/LTE service and are not compatible with one another. No GSM (Tmobile, ATT) either.

2) PagePlus 4G Sim: Most current Samsung phones take a micro-sim. Some older phones take the mini (now referred to as standard) sim, and iphones generally take nano sims. Verify proper sim size in your owner's manual.

3) 4G/LTE Service Area: Coverage is available anywhere Verizon offers 4G/LTE Service. See http://vzwmap.verizonwireless.com/dotcom/coveragelocator/default.aspx . Any time you're not on a Verizon tower, you are roaming. Funds come from your available cash balance. Voice/text only are available when roaming now. Roaming terms are not expected to change.

4) Monthly plan of $29.95 or higher: At roll out, only monthly plans of $29.95 will be eligible for 4G/LTE service. Unfortunately this exclude customers from being able to directly activate 4G devices on the $12 or standard plans.

The $12 and standard plans can still be fully used on any compatible flashed phone. In addition, no mention has yet been made of banning nonVerizon phones from activation. It's business as usual for flashed Sprint, Cricket, Alltel, and US Cellular phones to Page Plus 3G service.

Feedback Score

Upgrading from 3g phone to 4g? a couple tips for ya

Just went through the process and here is a few things to know
    1. Have the following things written down
    a. Old Meid
    b. new Iemi
    c. Sim card number
    2. Do not put Sim in before they tell you to
    4. When they tell you to put the Sim i, do not turn off your phone they want you to do this while it is on.. (she did not tell me that so we had to cycle twice)

Other than some miscommunication.. it was easy

Ours was a Galaxy S3

Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    Please - keep this thread about general information regarding the topic.

Questions such as, "does phone model XXXXXX work with 4G etc.., " do not belong in this thread

Carrier(s)
    ppc
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elweezo303 View Post
    a. Old Meid
    b. new Iemi
    c. Sim card number
    4. When they tell you to put the Sim i, do not turn off your phone they want you to do this while it is on.. (she did not tell me that so we had to cycle twice)

Other than some miscommunication.. it was easy

Ours was a Galaxy S3
    hmmm i have to pull the battery to get to the sim slot meaning the phone will be off

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The main point these reps are trying to make is make sure both devices are off when the account change is being processed. Inserting a sim into a powered device will still require a reboot with most phones to initiate the provisioning process.

Whether the sim is in the phone or not when powered off should make no difference.

Some models of concern are htc with their fake power off mode - it's more of a hibernate state than an actual power off.

My suggestion don't put the sim in until your account has been changed over.

Feedback Score
    Does this mean that if I get $29.95 service and put my phone on LTE service and then downgrade to pay-go, I need to re-flash my phone to get it work?

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^That is correct. 4G phones need to be flashed to be usable on the $12 or standard (paygo) plans.

Feedback Score

Verizon GSM

Quote Originally Posted by Viper32 View Post
    To use Page Plus 4GLTE Service you must be on one of the following Plans and use a Verizon Compatible 4GLTE Phone. (Sprint etc. Devices will not work with 4G)

$29.95 Talk n Text 1200 500 MB Data

$39.95 Unlimited Talk n Text 1GB Data

$55.00 Unlimited Talk n Text 3GB Data

$69.95 5 GB of Data Unlimited Talk n Text

No other plans are compatible with Page Plus 4GLTE Service

Viper
    Tks as always for your on the mark advice. I'm getting that I now need a Verizon, GSM (maybe iphone 5) to update my 4S and take advantage of the 4G. I have been w PP for a couple years now and am overjoyed to see the 4g day! Any advice is appreciated.
    Last edited by vande1972; 10-16-2014 at 11:27 PM. Reason: misspelling

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vande1972 View Post
    Tks as always for your on the mark advice. I'm getting that I now need a Verizon, GSM (maybe iphone 5) to update my 4S and take advantage of the 4G. I have been w PP for a couple years now and am overjoyed to see the 4g day! Any advice is appreciated.
    Verizon 4GLTE, not a GSM phone. A Verizon iPhone 5 and above will be compatible with LTE.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vande1972 View Post

You are very welcome......

Yes the iPhone 5 will work great or any other 4GLTE Device that Verizon offers.....

Viper

Feedback Score
    Tks Viper for clarifying: not GSM, Verizon 4GLTE, gotta compare the Samsung 4S in there too, always looked away because we couldn't take advantage of 4G... Now its time!

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elweezo303 View Post
    a. Old Meid
    b. new Iemi
    c. Sim card number
    Add to the list:
    a purchased PIN for the plan you want

and if you are porting:
    your old service provider account number
    old provider pin/password

I had an interesting experience trying to port. Wanted to bring my number but not phone (from Boost; not compatible)...took me almost 24hrs.

Even though you are not bringing the phone you need to give them your old phone ESN/IMEI not your new phone. Rep on phone told me to wait 3 hours then call back to complete and we would just not activate that phone but the new one. 3 hrs later I call back - at that point I got a new rep of course who was adamant that I had to activate my Boost phone (that I didn't want to bring) before he could change ESN to the phone I wanted to bring. Over and over he said in order for me to switch to the phone you want to use (big red nokia icon) I have to activate your boost phone (Samsung S2). I didn't want to risk my boost phone being taken off their network so after super human amounts of kindness and patience he finally relented and said he would try. 5 minutes later everything up and fine.

Also I had my sim in my phone overnight while waiting - I dont think that matters - just going to power cycle your phone....it will pop up with a trying to program network message.

Device(s)
    LG Lucid
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    One thing to watch out for. Page Plus is not selling the 4G SIM cards on their website, so you have to get it from a dealer. There were not local dealers in my area so I went to the online dealers. 2 of the dealers I checked were selling the SIM for $6.99. One online dealer was selling the SIM for $25!! Their reason?? "This is the industry standard price for a SIM Kit." Man talk about a markup!!! Of course I bought the $6.99 SIM and it worked fine.
    Last edited by falingtrea; 10-28-2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Timothy Barr

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Pageplusdirect.com has the SIMs for $4.99 and $5.99 (dual SIM).

https://www.pageplusdirect.com/page-...sim-cards.html

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast