TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeweb View Post
    Add to the list:
    a purchased PIN for the plan you want

and if you are porting:
    your old service provider account number
    old provider pin/password

I'll be porting from Verizon pre-paid to Page Plus later this week. Waiting on a Motorola Droid Razr xt907 and a Page Plus SIM card to arrive. I don't have an account number or provider pin/password since it is a pre-paid account. What can I do in this situation?

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    I'll be porting from Verizon pre-paid to Page Plus later this week. Waiting on a Motorola Droid Razr xt907 and a Page Plus SIM card to arrive. I don't have an account number or provider pin/password since it is a pre-paid account. What can I do in this situation?
    This information is mandatory to perform a port. Contact your current carrier to obtain the required info.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    From another website: https://help.ting.com/entries/431651...Information#20
    Verizon Prepaid
    your 10-digit phone number is your account number
    your password is the last 4 digits of your phone number

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rgg View Post
    From another website: https://help.ting.com/entries/431651...Information#20
    Verizon Prepaid
    your 10-digit phone number is your account number
    your password is the last 4 digits of your phone number
    Thank you!!!

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Called Verizon and got my account number for prepaid. It is not my phone number so if your not sure call Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I need to get my ducks in a row before I call Page Plus to activate my 4g micro SIM I have in hand. First, I currently have the $39.95 PP plan. Second, my Verizon CDMA Note II is flashed to PP on 3g. Finally, I have the old Android 4.1.2 OS.

(1) I understand that when I activate my 4g SIM it will automatically delete the flash. Is this correct, or am I in for a lot of hardware/software work on my phone?
    (2) Are my contacts stored in the current Verizon SIM on this phone? If so, how do I retrieve contacts before losing them?
    (3) Is the list of information that "elweezo303" provided in his post complete for when I call PP?
    (4) I was told not to update to the new 4.4.2 Kit Kat OS version until I had the 4g SIM activated? Is this correct?
    (5) What other problems might be in store for me going through all of these update processes?

While my list may be long, I just want to know what to expect before I get myself into a situation I can't get out of.
    Love My Note II

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey001 View Post
    I need to get my ducks in a row before I call Page Plus to activate my 4g micro SIM I have in hand. First, I currently have the $39.95 PP plan. Second, my Verizon CDMA Note II is flashed to PP on 3g. Finally, I have the old Android 4.1.2 OS.

(1) I understand that when I activate my 4g SIM it will automatically delete the flash. Is this correct, or am I in for a lot of hardware/software work on my phone?
    (2) Are my contacts stored in the current Verizon SIM on this phone? If so, how do I retrieve contacts before losing them?
    (3) Is the list of information that "elweezo303" provided in his post complete for when I call PP?
    (4) I was told not to update to the new 4.4.2 Kit Kat OS version until I had the 4g SIM activated? Is this correct?
    (5) What other problems might be in store for me going through all of these update processes?

While my list may be long, I just want to know what to expect before I get myself into a situation I can't get out of.
    1.) The sim card will not automatically delete the flash. Since you are on an older android verision you might be able to delete it with just doing a factory reset. I know it is possible on the s3 with that android verison most of the time. If the factory reset does not do it, then you will need to "unflash" it.

2.) You contacts are stored on the phone. If you go into the settings on your phone, you should be able to sync them to your gmail account, assuming you have your gmail account set up on that phone.

3.) You need the following to do the change to 4G.
    - The MEID of the phone you are currently using (probably starts with 99 and is 14 digits long)
    - The IMEI of the phone that you want to use. Since its the same phone its going to be the same as your MEID, except with 1 extra digit (15 digits and starts with 99)
    -The 20 digit sim card number
    -Your phone unflashed.

4.) It really shouldn't matter, but probably better not to.

5.) As long as your phone is set back to 4G (unflashed) you should be fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    4) Monthly plan of $29.95 or higher: At roll out, only monthly plans of $29.95 will be eligible for 4G/LTE service. Unfortunately this exclude customers from being able to directly activate 4G devices on the $12 or standard plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    ^^That is correct. 4G phones need to be flashed to be usable on the $12 or standard (paygo) plans.
    Hello GP... glad to find this thread. So if I understand you correctly: if I'm purchasing a Verizon iPhone 5S with the final intent to use the $12/mo plan, I must activate on, say, the $29.95 plan, then RE-flash to be able to get to the $12 plan? How long must I wait to do that? Does LTE speed or data go away? - if that even factors into this. I just want to upgrade the phone using my current plan. Thanks for your help on this. Appreciated.
    Last edited by Deb B; 11-15-2014 at 10:22 AM. Reason: edited to add: Verizon iPhone 5S

Feedback Score
    Will the phone be enabled to get updates once unfleshed ?

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepay Refill View Post

3.) You need the following to do the change to 4G.
    - The MEID of the phone you are currently using (probably starts with 99 and is 14 digits long)
    - The IMEI of the phone that you want to use. Since its the same phone its going to be the same as your MEID, except with 1 extra digit (15 digits and starts with 99)
    -The 20 digit sim card number
    -Your phone unflashed.
    I think you'll also need a purchased PIN for the plan you want, when I uprgaded friend from 3G to 4G with a SIM we lost all remaining minutes on the plan and its starts fresh with your renew date being reset.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeweb View Post
    I think you'll also need a purchased PIN for the plan you want, when I uprgaded friend from 3G to 4G with a SIM we lost all remaining minutes on the plan and its starts fresh with your renew date being reset.
    No reason at all to start a new plan. If you're on a $29.95 or higher plan, all unused usage will transfer to the 4G side. If you're on a lower plan you'll need to upgrade before the system will let you change to 4g. If on a standard plan, unused cash balance remains when you apply a 4G compatible plan and upgrade.

Device(s)
    LG Lucid
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb B View Post
    Hello GP... glad to find this thread. So if I understand you correctly: if I'm purchasing a Verizon iPhone 5S with the final intent to use the $12/mo plan, I must activate on, say, the $29.95 plan, then RE-flash to be able to get to the $12 plan? How long must I wait to do that? Does LTE speed or data go away? - if that even factors into this. I just want to upgrade the phone using my current plan. Thanks for your help on this. Appreciated.
    In order to use a 4G LTE phone with the $12 plan you need to have it changed to 3G only, typically by "flashing" a phone (although I don't know what needs to be done to an Iphone). The standard and $12 plans are EVDO speeds only. You need at least a $29.95 plan for 4G LTE.
    So it sounds like you will just want to upgrade your phone without changing your plan, to be able to get LTE speeds.
    Timothy Barr

Feedback Score
    Please advise, this thread says Page Plus 4G LTE Activation Information, Upgrading, and Compatibility , I looked all over the page plus threads for compatibility and can't find anything about Verizon models S5 or Note 4 , I see Page Plus sells the S5 on there website for $589 but can you buy the phone full price and just active with a Page Plus sim .. Frys has a good price on the Note 4 this weekend, without contract, also see lower prices on e-bay for new phones I'm assuming just buy the phone un-activated and call page plus insert sim during activation?

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    any verizon phone will work - new or used...if used off ebay (which is what I did), you just need to make sure the ESN is clean - there are several free sites you can check that if you google for free esn check.

Feedback Score
    SO many guides reply. Thanks I do also got some ideas.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast