Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Page Plus 4G LTE Activation Information, Upgrading, and Compatibility

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    It's a simple process if you have everything you need. I just activated and ported and it took about 15 minutes. The customer service rep asked for this:
    1. Active number being ported.
    2. Account number and security code from service provider.
    3. Name & address on account.
    4. IMEI of the phone I wanted activated.
    5. SIM card number.

I was porting my number from Verizon prepaid. By the time I had given the rep all the info he needed the port request was complete. Rep had me turn the phone off before I inserted the SIM card, after I turned the phone back on it rebooted itself and activation was done. I've made and received a call, sent text message and used internet and everything is working correctly!!!

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Existing PPC customer. Just moved from a 3G phone to a 4G phone. The 4g phone connected to VZW network as soon as I power cycled it (after getting on chat with PPC). Showing a new phone number though. How long does it typically take your old phone number to migrate over to the new phone?

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    When I ported my number over from Virgin Mobile, it took about an hour. It depends on the company you're porting from. When I went from VZW to Boost (my first port), it took almost 4 hours for VZW to release it.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by serpico7100t View Post
    Existing PPC customer. Just moved from a 3G phone to a 4G phone. The 4g phone connected to VZW network as soon as I power cycled it (after getting on chat with PPC). Showing a new phone number though. How long does it typically take your old phone number to migrate over to the new phone?
    That usually happens instantly. Was this a used 4g card or brand new one?

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pearlheartgtr View Post
    It depends on the company you're porting from.
    As I mentioned, I'm already a PPC customer. Just changing phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepay Refill View Post
    That usually happens instantly. Was this a used 4g card or brand new one?
    New 4g card. Old phone was 3g, so no sim card there.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    New 4g card. Old phone was 3g, so no sim card there.
    Just sent you a PM.

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepay Refill View Post
    Just sent you a PM.
    Thanks. You were right - the fact that my old number didn't transfer over quickly was a sign of a problem.

I'm on chat with PPC now. I think PPC transferred some other phone number (not mine) to the new phone because the rep I'm chatting with now says that the last time the ESN was changed for that other phone number (not mine) was around the time of my earlier chat (when I first activated the new phone).

The phone had a clean ESN per a website check before I tried contacting PPC to activate it, so I'm thinking PPC created the problem.

Edit: Ugh. PPC is fine as long as they're just taking your money and delivering you to VZW's network. Customer service is horrible. Mostly because their reps have terrible communication skills. Almost makes me wish I had just stuck to my 3G phone and never had to deal with PPC customer service.

So apparently when PPC assigned some strange phone number to my new phone, this had the effect of locking the sim card for 24 hours. So I'll have to try to get them to move my phone number to the new phone tomorrow. Undoubtedly it will take several attempts to get the PPC rep to understand what it is I'm asking them to do. Will definitely need to get some blood pressure medication between now and then!
    Last edited by serpico7100t; 12-04-2014 at 11:35 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Usually this could happen if the ESN was provided incorrectly. Just a thought.

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Usually this could happen if the ESN was provided incorrectly. Just a thought.
    ESN or IMEI/MEID? I tripled check the device ID and it was pasted into online chat.

Seems the first PPC rep I dealt with decided I was getting a new phone number rather than assigning my existing phone number to the new phone.

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Is phone support the easiest way to move a current page plus number over to a new 4g w/sim phone?

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by szembek View Post
    Is phone support the easiest way to move a current page plus number over to a new 4g w/sim phone?
    Probably not. The reps' English and comprehension can be poor. Same issue with chat, but at least there you have a transcript. Plus, no worries about miscommunication when relaying 14 and 15 digit numbers.

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Probably not. The reps' English and comprehension can be poor. Same issue with chat, but at least there you have a transcript. Plus, no worries about miscommunication when relaying 14 and 15 digit numbers.
    Thanks didn't realize I could do it through chat, I'll definitely go that route as I usually get right through with chat vs. phone.

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. You were right - the fact that my old number didn't transfer over quickly was a sign of a problem.

I'm on chat with PPC now. I think PPC transferred some other phone number (not mine) to the new phone because the rep I'm chatting with now says that the last time the ESN was changed for that other phone number (not mine) was around the time of my earlier chat (when I first activated the new phone).

The phone had a clean ESN per a website check before I tried contacting PPC to activate it, so I'm thinking PPC created the problem.

Edit: Ugh. PPC is fine as long as they're just taking your money and delivering you to VZW's network. Customer service is horrible. Mostly because their reps have terrible communication skills. Almost makes me wish I had just stuck to my 3G phone and never had to deal with PPC customer service.

So apparently when PPC assigned some strange phone number to my new phone, this had the effect of locking the sim card for 24 hours. So I'll have to try to get them to move my phone number to the new phone tomorrow. Undoubtedly it will take several attempts to get the PPC rep to understand what it is I'm asking them to do. Will definitely need to get some blood pressure medication between now and then!
    So 24 hours after the sim card lock, all they managed to do was get the incorrect phone number off the sim, and now it's locked for another 24 hours. Ridiculous.

Edit: After this second 24hr period elapsed, PPC was finally able to move my phone number to sim.
    Last edited by serpico7100t; 12-07-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Can anyone tell me how is PPC 4G LTE data go? Fast or slow?

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Can anyone tell me how is PPC 4G LTE data go? Fast or slow?
    It's faster than PPC 3G, but it's definitely throttled.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast