Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Page Plus 4G LTE Activation Information, Upgrading, and Compatibility

Feedback Score
    I have a sprint iPhone 6 and I'm on pageplus. I'm using rsim10 to unlock it. I have unlocked about 5 carriers and prepaid but pageplus will not allow me to unlock it. Nothing will Pop up. Please someone if you have any ideals why please let us know. Also I couldn't find anyone else with this problem. Thanks

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I am having a problem that I don't think has been addressed here, and hoping someone can offer some advice. I have been using an iPhone 5 on pageplus for about 2 years. Saw that 4G LTE was now available so I bought the SIM card from pageplus, put it in my phone, and contacted pageplus to activate. They say I have to transfer my number to a new device, at least temporarily, in order to upgrade. I don't have an empty phone, and certainly don't want to go buy a phone just to temporarily transfer my number in order to activate the phone I am perfectly happy with. Is that really my only option? Is there a workaround I can ask for? Any advice appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Were your iphone flashed to pageplus before? Meaning was it working on pageplus 3G. If so you have to ask them to activate that SIM card by putting your number on it. Then you have to restore your iphone. If you have a back up then it shouldn't be a problem, after it is restored then it should work. Don't forget to RESTORE it from the back up when it asks you to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I just placed an order for a dual sim kit. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that I got from Verizion and it was NOT a prepaid phone, it was a regular contract phone that I paid for the 2 years as agreed and no longer use them. My phone is not blacklisted and was using it with Straight Talk with a AT&T sim in it until 3 days ago and all worked fine. This phone is not "unlocked", so will it work with a new sim card from Page Plus and can it be activated with a new number by Page Plus without having to get Verizion to unlock it? If so, then I'm a happy camper except for the fact I just bought a new AT&T branded S4 to use on Straight Talk just to get rid of the flipping notice that "this sim card is from an unkown source". Phone worked fine, just bugged me on the notice all the time. I also just went to verizion's site and checked my phone and it says all is ok with it and it is clean and clear. If this works, I'm selling my new AT&T S4 he day after I activate Page Plus.
    Thanks

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daprevette View Post
    I just placed an order for a dual sim kit. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that I got from Verizion and it was NOT a prepaid phone, it was a regular contract phone that I paid for the 2 years as agreed and no longer use them. My phone is not blacklisted and was using it with Straight Talk with a AT&T sim in it until 3 days ago and all worked fine. This phone is not "unlocked", so will it work with a new sim card from Page Plus and can it be activated with a new number by Page Plus without having to get Verizion to unlock it? If so, then I'm a happy camper except for the fact I just bought a new AT&T branded S4 to use on Straight Talk just to get rid of the flipping notice that "this sim card is from an unkown source". Phone worked fine, just bugged me on the notice all the time. I also just went to verizion's site and checked my phone and it says all is ok with it and it is clean and clear. If this works, I'm selling my new AT&T S4 he day after I activate Page Plus.
    Thanks
    Yes. You could even port in an existing #.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, you made my day!

Feedback Score
    I'm curious, has anybody had a successful PagePlus pin-renewal that was ordered to be applied on a future date? My one experience isn't so good. I ordered a PIN on May 10th, to be applied on May 23rd (I double-checked the confirming email, and it clearly shows I ordered a future-dated PIN). When I logged into my PagePlus account on the 11th, I was surprised to see that the PIN was already applied. I sent an email to prepayrefill support, and they claimed that due to a system error in my favor, I was scheduled to have a PIN applied on the 23rd. Today, no PIN was applied (probably because the system tried to apply the PIN that was already applied back on the 10th). I also got an email today that "Your recent order on Prepay Refill has been completed. Your order details are shown below for your reference...".

So that's why I'm curious to hear of successful future-dated PIN application (or if anybody else also has had my experience).

Device(s)
    Moto X (2013) Developer Edition
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone(VZW)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MRothaus View Post
    I'm curious, has anybody had a successful PagePlus pin-renewal that was ordered to be applied on a future date? My one experience isn't so good. I ordered a PIN on May 10th, to be applied on May 23rd (I double-checked the confirming email, and it clearly shows I ordered a future-dated PIN). When I logged into my PagePlus account on the 11th, I was surprised to see that the PIN was already applied. I sent an email to prepayrefill support, and they claimed that due to a system error in my favor, I was scheduled to have a PIN applied on the 23rd. Today, no PIN was applied (probably because the system tried to apply the PIN that was already applied back on the 10th). I also got an email today that "Your recent order on Prepay Refill has been completed. Your order details are shown below for your reference...".

So that's why I'm curious to hear of successful future-dated PIN application (or if anybody else also has had my experience).
    Wrong sticky thread, but yes, I've had that happen when I tried to have that dealer apply one at a future date, too. It was supposed to be kind of a gift on a certain day, but it wasn't really a big deal, because the recipient probably expected I was going to be buying it anyway, since I've already been paying the past few months.

Feedback Score
    Followup...support at prepayrefill manually updated the PIN yesterday, so I'm in good shape. I think I'll avoid the future-dated PIN next time and just order it on the day I want it refilled.

Feedback Score
    does the new 4g lte plans allow roaming? if so, is it just voice roaming or also data? I've never seen prices for data roaming, so I'm guessing no?

Feedback Score
    I can answer this for you as I have had so many issues with them it's truly not funny.

All answers below are from my experience with them in the last month.

1st) Voice roaming will cost you .29 cents per minute and you will have to buy a time/minute card to add funds to your account to be able to make any calls while roaming.

2nd) It seems data is exempt and works fine while roaming. ( I don't live in a Verizon Home area, but have a CDMA tower from large local company and data speeds are extremely fast.)

3rd) Text messages cost per message and Multimedia text also and uses your data allowance.

4th) Another tid bit, after several hours on the phone with their tech support and having to buy another SIM card and wait for it to arrive as they said I had a bad one and that was the issue in getting my phone to activate and work. I did this and by the time it arrived 19 days of my first months service was gone, and, NO, they will NOT give you any time to make up for tech issues, was told, sorry, you will have to pay even if WE CAN'T get you up and running.
    I told each tech and by the way, I went through 6 different ones, SIX. Why is this important, I told each one that I dealt with that I WAS NOT on a HOME tower and that I was roaming at home and NONE of them ever figured out the problem and just told me sorry, you will need to buy a new phone directly from us, your phone is bad.
    I hung up extremely disgusted and very unhappy, the next day I had to drive into Winston-Salem for other business and I thought what the heck, I pulled into a Verizon store and told them of my ordeal and that I knew it had nothing to do with them, but I just wanted to see if they could find a error with the method of activating my phone and ask them if they would check my phone as I did purchase it from them.
    I begin to explain the steps that I was given by 6 techs on activating and before I finished the line on my current location, at home and not on a home tower, I was stopped right there and told that that was the ONLY problem and he couldn't see how not 1 but 6 different techs didn't catch that right off or that they did not have that in BOLD print everywhere.
    New 4G phones can only e activated and configured wireless and they MUST be on a HOME tower for activation. He popped the battery out of my phone, pulled the sim out to make sure it was installed correctly, put it back, dropped the battery back in, power up the phone and what do you know, it configured itself completely in less than 2 minutes, made a call and it came up and told me that it was now activated and info on password, etc.
    Simple as 123.
    Hope this helps someone out there so they will not have to endure what I did.

5th) Last item and a big one for me that was not disclosed that I could find on the main sales page, they do NOT allow you to use the HOTSPOT feature on your phone. If I had know upfront about the hotspot and voice calls costing 29 cents per minute when roaming, I would never even given a thought about the service and would have walked away with 3 weeks less of stress, over 3.5 hours on the phone and would have saved almost 72 dollars in money that was a complete waste.

Feedback Score
    Yet all these issues are well known here on the board - next time post do your due diligence here first, don't expect the carrier to disclose this stuff clearly.

Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    1st) Voice roaming will cost you .29 cents per minute and you will have to buy a time/minute card to add funds to your account to be able to make any calls while roaming.
    $0.29 per minute on the $12 plan and the standard plan. $0.20 per minute on the $29.95 and up plans.

Those rates are on the website under plan info.

Although, you should be on a $29.95 or higher plan if you are using LTE. Perhaps you can clarify.

Also, if you need voice roaming included, you should look into Selectel.

2nd) It seems data is exempt and works fine while roaming. ( I don't live in a Verizon Home area, but have a CDMA tower from large local company and data speeds are extremely fast.)
    It's been stated on HoFo that MVNO's that have access to Verizon LTE also have access to LTE data roaming where a rural CDMA carrier uses the Verizon LTE license, such as Golden State Cellular and Kentucky Bluegrass Cellular.

Can you confirm that you do not get 3G data roaming in those same areas that you get LTE roaming?

3rd) Text messages cost per message and Multimedia text also and uses your data allowance.
    Text messages should be coming out of your plan. Only on the standard plan is it $0.05 per message (text or MMS).

5th) Last item and a big one for me that was not disclosed that I could find on the main sales page, they do NOT allow you to use the HOTSPOT feature on your phone. If I had know upfront about the hotspot and voice calls costing 29 cents per minute when roaming, I would never even given a thought about the service and would have walked away with 3 weeks less of stress, over 3.5 hours on the phone and would have saved almost 72 dollars in money that was a complete waste.
    You have to be direct with Verizon to use the hotspot feature built into the phone (either post-paid or pre-paid).

Others have reported using 3rd party apps such as foxfi or wifi tether.

Feedback Score
    thanks for the info daprevette

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Just a warning, If your roaming most of the time on data, sooner or later they will cut you off.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast