Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Page Plus 4G LTE Activation Information, Upgrading, and Compatibility

Feedback Score
    yeah, doesn't look too great. on their tos they say "Page Plus reserves the right to terminate the Service of any Page Plus customer who is roaming for 50% or more of usage in any 3 billing cycles within a 12 month period"

Feedback Score

3G vs. 4G - How Enforced?

I recently bought a 1st generation Verizon Moto X, intending to use it as an upgrade from my e815. When I called P+ for an ESN check prior to purchase, I was informed that I could stay with my PAYG 3G service or switch to a 4G plan when activating, but would not be able to switch services in the future. So even though I couldn't activate an already flashed phone, they will flash a stock phone and activate it on 3G. I have no need of 4G service at this time, but would rather not permanently lock out 4G on this phone (in case of job change to BYOD shop, or wanting to sell the phone, or 4G trickling down to The 12 plan).

So how is the 3G vs. 4G policy enforced? Does P+ record the ESN, so if it's reverted to Verizon LTE-enabled and sold, it still couldn't be activated, or is 'flashing' in this case not reversible? If it's just a blacklist, is that shared between all of the MVNOs (and Verizon itself)?

Thanks,
    CPF

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPF2015 View Post
    I recently bought a 1st generation Verizon Moto X, intending to use it as an upgrade from my e815. When I called P+ for an ESN check prior to purchase, I was informed that I could stay with my PAYG 3G service or switch to a 4G plan when activating, but would not be able to switch services in the future. So even though I couldn't activate an already flashed phone, they will flash a stock phone and activate it on 3G. I have no need of 4G service at this time, but would rather not permanently lock out 4G on this phone (in case of job change to BYOD shop, or wanting to sell the phone, or 4G trickling down to The 12 plan).

So how is the 3G vs. 4G policy enforced? Does P+ record the ESN, so if it's reverted to Verizon LTE-enabled and sold, it still couldn't be activated, or is 'flashing' in this case not reversible? If it's just a blacklist, is that shared between all of the MVNOs (and Verizon itself)?

Thanks,
    CPF
    Most of that is wrong.

PPC only allows Vzw 4G phones on the $29.95/mo and higher plans.

You can only use Vzw 3G phones on the Standard Plan and The 12.

The old days of flashing 4G phones to work on PPC 3G ended 1/1/15.

Feedback Score

Ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Most of that is wrong.
    PPC only allows Vzw 4G phones on the $29.95/mo and higher plans.
    You can only use Vzw 3G phones on the Standard Plan and The 12.
    The old days of flashing 4G phones to work on PPC 3G ended 1/1/15.
    OK, so let's say the P+ CSR who told me this on June 18th was wrong. If I acquire a Verizon contract LTE-capable phone that was previously flashed to 3G and activated, and I flash it back to stock, will P+ activate it on a 4G plan? If not, why not? Because the ESN was added to a flashed-to-3G database? Is that database local to each MVNO, or shared amongst them and Verizon? Or does the flash-to-stock not wipe all of the 3G bits, and P+ detects this when attempting to activate?

Thanks,
    CPF

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPF2015 View Post
    OK, so let's say the P+ CSR who told me this on June 18th was wrong. If I acquire a Verizon contract LTE-capable phone that was previously flashed to 3G and activated, and I flash it back to stock, will P+ activate it on a 4G plan? If not, why not? Because the ESN was added to a flashed-to-3G database? Is that database local to each MVNO, or shared amongst them and Verizon? Or does the flash-to-stock not wipe all of the 3G bits, and P+ detects this when attempting to activate?

Thanks,
    CPF
    Yes, it will work. Many people have done that.

Feedback Score
    I am trying to go from an active 3g Flashed xt926 to 4g service on the 29.95 plan with the same phone. The PP rep via chat told me that this phone will no longer work on PP after removing it from 3g service. Is this true? Has something changed?

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bdot79 View Post
    I am trying to go from an active 3g Flashed xt926 to 4g service on the 29.95 plan with the same phone. The PP rep via chat told me that this phone will no longer work on PP after removing it from 3g service. Is this true? Has something changed?
    It will have to be flashed back to stock before it can be activated again. Page Plus doesn't allow flashed phones anymore.

Feedback Score
    I knew that the phone needed to be flashed back to stock to accept a sim but the PP rep would not confirm that the ESN would not be blocked. She kept saying we cannot guarantee that the phone will activate on page plus after I process your request. But after some helpful HoFo knowledge; what she needed to say was it will no longer work on PP 3g but will work fine on 4g with a PP sim.

After another PP chat session and a factory reset; the phone was up and rolling in a matter of minutes.

The only mistake I made was trying to take the OTA from JB to KK. This sent the phone into a boot loop but I was able to get into recovery and flash the needed KK firmware.

Feedback Score
    My question is simple I hope. I have a Sprint Samsung S3 that was originally a Sprint 4GLTE but flashed to use on Pageplus with 3G. I read that Pageplus would not accept flashed phones anymore but mine was grandfathered in and on an autopay plan. Is this still true? I bought an S5 and want to turn off my S3 and sell it for a few bucks but can anyone use it once I shut down the current Pageplus connection? If Pageplus will not allow another user to use it my only option is to unflash it I would think....if that is possible. Thanks

Feedback Score
    No one else will be able to use your S3 on Page Plus. In fact, even you won't be able to reactivate it if you suspend service on it. If you successfully unflash it, it could be used on Sprint or its MVNOs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aKansasKid View Post
    No one else will be able to use your S3 on Page Plus. In fact, even you won't be able to reactivate it if you suspend service on it. If you successfully unflash it, it could be used on Sprint or its MVNOs.
    Sorry to inform you but we currently still flashing Pageplus to Sprint phones, US cellular and any cdma devices. There are some ppl that still doing this without changing the esn. We are connected to a remote flasher. He is pretty good

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

iPhone 4s to iPhone 6

I have been using an iPhone 4s on PP for several years. A generous person is giving me a new unlocked SIM-free iPhone 6. With a view to making the process of phone switching with PP relatively easy, I'm looking for info on steps I should follow to make the transition. I assume somewhere in the process I will need to purchase a sim card from a PP dealer, but beyond that my eyes tend to glaze over when reading HoFo posts regarding the steps involved in the phone change dance, hence my query here. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by tomr99; 03-30-2016 at 12:42 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomr99 View Post
    I have been using an iPhone 4s on PP for several years. A generous person is giving me a new unlocked SIM-free iPhone 6. With a view to making the process of phone switching with PP relatively easy, I'm looking for info on steps I should follow to make the transition. I assume somewhere in the process I will need to purchase a sim card from a PP dealer, but beyond that my eyes tend to glaze over when reading HoFo posts regarding the steps involved in the phone change dance, hence my query here. Thanks in advance.
    Just contact Prepay Refill or some other dealer and they will walk you through it.

Or just order the correct size SIM and contact PP through chat.

Note that you'll have to switch to a $30 and up plan if you're not already on one. 4G phones won't work on the standard or $12 plans which are available with the iPhone 4s.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6