Thread: 003SH how to root

Feedback Score

003SH how to root

Hi.

I'm glad to found this forum and the files to root my 003SH but i've followed
    all steps, installed driver and adb driver, the command found my smartphone but
    i'm getting these errors.

Name:  sharp.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  32.2 KB

I don't know if my problem is because the SIM stop to work since i'm away from Japan and i'm stuck at the emergency call screen.

Any idea what i can do to unlock this smartphone?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I've tried again but still the same.

The message i have in the screen is:

"It was locked because out of service area passed period of time. Move to reach signal."

When i connect the phone to the USB port it shows "USB DEBUGGIN CONNECT" and "USB CONNECT".

There is something else i need to do to be able to unlock it?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by codebreak View Post
    I've tried again but still the same.

The message i have in the screen is:

"It was locked because out of service area passed period of time. Move to reach signal."

When i connect the phone to the USB port it shows "USB DEBUGGIN CONNECT" and "USB CONNECT".

There is something else i need to do to be able to unlock it?

Thanks!
    I'm afraid there's nothing you can do until you take the phone to Japan in order to get rid of that message. The phone must have a SoftBank SIM inside and must connect to the SoftBank network for a couple of minutes.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    I'm afraid there's nothing you can do until you take the phone to Japan in order to get rid of that message. The phone must have a SoftBank SIM inside and must connect to the SoftBank network for a couple of minutes.
    Thanks for you reply, but i don't know when i will come back there.

I have this phone turned off since i'd bought a new phone long time ago and still have the SoftBank SIM inside of it (was waiting for an unlock). But i turned it on just once to show the features to a friend of mine, tested some apps, camera, videos and photos and turned it off again but after somedays i turn it on to see if i can unlock it and this locked screen cames out.

Do you think if someone brings or send me a SIM with an access to the network i will be able to unlock it here or just will work if the device is inside Japan?

Also i don't remember wich Android OS was installed, did you know the latest version for 003SH? Some new apps should not run on it right?

Thanks
    Last edited by codebreak; 10-21-2014 at 06:12 PM. Reason: added questions

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The "out-of-area" lock is unfortunately impossible to remove in any other way but by taking to Japan. When you do go to Japan, if you have ownership documents for the phone, go to a Softbank shop and ask them to remove the multimedia lock -- this is free and enables you to use the phone without a SIM (use everything else but the calling/SMS features). This will way you'll be able to keep and use the phone without having to put the Softbank SIM inside, and thus prevent the "out-of-area" lock from activating again after six months.

The last OS version for the 003SH is Android 2.3. The rootkits contain updates to the latest build versions that fix various software issues, but that's it.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for your tips but i don't think i will go back to there too soon, maybe next year who knows.
    This mobile is registered under the name of my brother-in-law and he isn't in Japan too.

When we changed the cellphone they not told us about the multimedia lock, also for my old phones (i have 5 here).

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by codebreak View Post
    Thank you for your tips but i don't think i will go back to there too soon, maybe next year who knows.
    This mobile is registered under the name of my brother-in-law and he isn't in Japan too.

When we changed the cellphone they not told us about the multimedia lock, also for my old phones (i have 5 here).

Thanks!
    Oh, they never tell you about the multimedia lock. Sometimes even some employees in some shops will pretend not to know what this is. But when you insist, eventually they call whoever they need to call, and the multimedia lock is removed.