Thread: HTC One M8... where's all the droid customization I'm used to?

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Feedback Score

HTC One M8... where's all the droid customization I'm used to?

I have my One M8, purchased 2 months ago. It is decent, a nice speed bump over my Droid 4 (though I desperately miss my keyboard, Swype simply doesn't do the job) and seems like a decent package. Though to be honest I'm a little annoyed the announced the Droid Turbo 6 weeks after I purchase this. Grr.

I have noticed, though, that a lot of the minor customizations that my Droid 4 had aren't there... at least not that I can find.

I'd like to disable things like:
    1) the dumb "please enable wi-fi" when I'm in Google Maps/Nav. I keep wifi off most the time (phone works better using VZ data instead of WiFi, I have UDP, shrug), and it just makes me press ignore every time i start up maps. My Droid had a few check boxes where I could disable this
    2) Volume warning... every time i turn on the phone and crank the volume it warns me not to blow my eardrums out. Very thoughtful of it, but its annoying to see after the 57th warning. At tihs point it should just let me blow my eardrums out.
    3) Custom dictionary... it seems hell-bent on not allowing me to curse in my texts, even after i've added all the naughty words to the dictionary.

Stuff like that. All of these things were correctable on my Droid 4, and as far as I can tell none are on my One M8, even after enabling developer mode etc.

Anything I can do?

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Feedback Score
    no? any way to change these settings?