Page 258 of 262 FirstFirst ... 158 208 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 3930

Thread: OFFICIAL: LG Ultimate 2 (LG L41C) reviews!

Feedback Score
    I'm afraid so. But in the mean while, keep savoring it.

You have over a year to start looking for a replacement. I would suggest waiting for more new VoLTE compliant phones to arrive. Also TracFone will send us notifications to upgrade our phones with plenty of notice and everyone here will be talking about it when that starts happening.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    The L41C is 3G and Verizon isn't supposed to be turning off CDMA until 2019. I expect my L41C to keep working until then.

Say it ain't so. The demise of our world class U2 in 2019?

Feedback Score

You have over a year to start looking for a replacement. I would suggest waiting for more new VoLTE compliant phones to arrive. Also TracFone will send us notifications to upgrade our phones with plenty of notice and everyone here will be talking about it when that starts happening.
    The way time flies as I get older, I'm just hoping it's the latter part of 2019.
    I guess I can always fall back on the Rebel if I have to. I'll probably start looking at new models as the time gets closer, along with following threads here.

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 7 mini
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (BYOP AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score

My MIL has had the LG Ultimate 2 and I told her she probably should get new phone this year, but she doesn't want to give it up because she doesn't want to learn how to use a new phone. All she uses it for it talk, text and an occasional game of solitaire. So in your opinion no need to get her a new phone this year, she can wait until next year or so? I was concerned about the OS being so old (KitKat).

Feedback Score
    Sounds like it's serving her well for her needs, so I'd say you're safe waiting until TracFone notifies us to upgrade .

Quote Originally Posted by kittycatblues View Post
    My MIL has had the LG Ultimate 2 and I told her she probably should get new phone this year, but she doesn't want to give it up because she doesn't want to learn how to use a new phone. All she uses it for it talk, text and an occasional game of solitaire. So in your opinion no need to get her a new phone this year, she can wait until next year or so? I was concerned about the OS being so old (KitKat).

Feedback Score
    Yes, way to early to worry about losing CDMA. Verizon is still selling phones not HD Voice (VoLTE) capable, and has not released that service to all the MVNOs yet. It's not just 3G phones like the U2 that will be affected either.

Feedback Score
    I can understand why your MIL does not want to give up her LG Ultimate 2. I wanted to get a new phone so I bought a LG Rebel from HSN and regretted it. When I dropped the phone in water and fried it I went back to the LG Ultimate 2. It is a nice size, makes phone calls and texts and will run the apps that I used. Not the fastest phone but great battery life. Then the phone became unreliable so I replaced it but it was a great phone for many years. As for KitKat, it is a nice uncomplicated OS to use, I liked it. If she is happy with the phone don't try to talk her into something else, she might hate the new phone like I hated the LG Rebel.

Feedback Score
    So what phone is everybody migrating to? I think my Ultimate 2 is on it's last leg. Now my screen will go black and I can't get it to come back on, even though my led light is blinking that I have a notification. Sometimes plugging it into the charger (even though the battery is not dead) brings it back up, or taking the battery out and putting back in.

But it's probably time to start thinking about another phone. What are you guys using? I really like this phone and have been babying it to get more life out of it, I hate to let it go :-(

Feedback Score
    See the sticky deals thread for the hot HSN LG Rebel 2 deal that hpham posted about ....... that's going to be his U2 replacement .

Quote Originally Posted by NoTechie View Post
    So what phone is everybody migrating to? I think my Ultimate 2 is on it's last leg. Now my screen will go black and I can't get it to come back on, even though my led light is blinking that I have a notification. Sometimes plugging it into the charger (even though the battery is not dead) brings it back up, or taking the battery out and putting back in.

But it's probably time to start thinking about another phone. What are you guys using? I really like this phone and have been babying it to get more life out of it, I hate to let it go :-(
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    See the sticky deals thread for the hot HSN LG Rebel 2 deal that hpham posted about ....... that's going to be his U2 replacement .
    Thanks I'll check it out. I'm currently watching a qvc video on the Samsung Galaxy J7 SkyPro.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycatblues View Post
    The LG U2 is arguably the best phone Tracfone ever put out. I have one & mistakenly got the LG Rebel bundle from HSN, thinking it was time for a new & "better" phone. New it was, better, not so much. I went back to the U2 & won't switch again until I absolutely have to. It meets my needs perfectly for what I do with a phone.
    So unless you're not too crazy about your MIL & want to piss her off, don't even think about replacing her U2.

Device(s)
    LG L34C & LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have 2 of the LG L44VL Rebel lite. I believe that is their name but 100% sure of the model number. Acts a lot like the Ultimate 2, though missing the light bar on the bottom when charging. I liked that to tell when it was full charged.

Is this the Rebel 2 that Hpham is talking about? One of them has my daughters old tracfone number after she switched to Samsung on Verizon carrier. So I have her old phone and upgraded it along with minutes and service life, in a couple of other smart phone. This one NOW has enough minutes for several years AND does not need to have more service added to it until July 2054, at which time I would be 101 years old. Could say if it stays working I have a phone for life!
    I was born with nothing and have managed to keep most of it.
    When I was a kid rocks were soft and dirt was new.

LG L41C(current house phone) -> LG L58VL - Rebel 2(my pack along)

Device(s)
    LG L34C & LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I found the LG Rebel 2 at Amazon using Android Marshmallow OS and this phone does not triple, which means if you buy 300 minutes, it's 300 minutes not 900 like the U2. link: https://www.amazon.com/TracFone-Prep...rds=LG+Rebel+2

Feedback Score
    You are supposed to use smartphone refills with that phone, that's why no tripling mentioned. Don't think the website will let you buy basic refills and not sure what happens if you try to add a basic refill to a smartphone-only refill phone.

Quote Originally Posted by vljenewein View Post
    I found the LG Rebel 2 at Amazon using Android Marshmallow OS and this phone does not triple, which means if you buy 300 minutes, it's 300 minutes not 900 like the U2. link: https://www.amazon.com/TracFone-Prep...rds=LG+Rebel+2

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=vljenewein;16899579]I have 2 of the LG L44VL Rebel lite. I believe that is their name but 100% sure of the model number. Acts a lot like the Ultimate 2, though missing the light bar on the bottom when charging. I liked that to tell when it was full charged. QUOTE]

When the green indicator comes on to show fully charged, it is NOT fully charged. If you had an Amp meter in line you would see just how far from being fully charged it was at that time.

Feedback Score
    Green light probably indicates 90% charged which is good enough to use and better than no light phones these days. The phone probably has a battery meter to show percentage charged too - which will probably be 90 when light first turns green.

How do you tell with an ammeter how far it is from 100%?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vljenewein View Post
    I have 2 of the LG L44VL Rebel lite. I believe that is their name but 100% sure of the model number. Acts a lot like the Ultimate 2, though missing the light bar on the bottom when charging. I liked that to tell when it was full charged.
    When the green indicator comes on to show fully charged, it is NOT fully charged. If you had an Amp meter in line you would see just how far from being fully charged it was at that time.

Page 258 of 262 FirstFirst ... 158 208 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 LastLast