Thread: Unlocking Help

Feedback Score

Unlocking Help

I have 2 iphone 5's and 1 galaxy s3 both sprint versions. I am currently paying 183 with taxes and a employee discount for unlimited data talk and text for 3 lines on sprint. I now need one more line for my son and att is offering 160 on 10gb data unlimited talk and text. I've noticed that we never use more than 8-9gb so the plan is good for us. And if I add a new line to my current sprint plan then it will be about 215 since it's a two year contract plan. And the other non contract sprint plans are the same but offer from data. But as I said 10gb is enough. So why wouldn't I just move to att right, because att offers a better wireless network than sprint in both coverage and speed. The thing is that I would have to purchases brand new att version smartphones which is costly. But the att guy told me that you could unlock your current sprint phones and use them on att'a network. I looked on sprints website and it said that you cannot unlock iPhones on sprint. Is that true or what? How can I unlock my Iphone 5 on sprint to work on att?

Feedback Score
    AT&T guy is wrong. Sprint's website is correct. You cannot get a Sprint phone unlocked for use on another U.S. carrier. After February 2015, Sprint *should* allow unlocking on phones made AFTER that, but for anything prior to that it's a no go.

You can try an R-Sim or Gevey sim interposer in your iPhone 5 to be able to use it on another carrier, but you'll have to do your own research there as I'm not familiar with it other than just generally.

Good luck!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin02 View Post
    I have 2 iphone 5's and 1 galaxy s3 both sprint versions. I am currently paying 183 with taxes and a employee discount for unlimited data talk and text for 3 lines on sprint. I now need one more line for my son and att is offering 160 on 10gb data unlimited talk and text. I've noticed that we never use more than 8-9gb so the plan is good for us. And if I add a new line to my current sprint plan then it will be about 215 since it's a two year contract plan. And the other non contract sprint plans are the same but offer from data. But as I said 10gb is enough. So why wouldn't I just move to att right, because att offers a better wireless network than sprint in both coverage and speed. The thing is that I would have to purchases brand new att version smartphones which is costly. But the att guy told me that you could unlock your current sprint phones and use them on att'a network. I looked on sprints website and it said that you cannot unlock iPhones on sprint. Is that true or what? How can I unlock my Iphone 5 on sprint to work on att?
    Sprint offers share plans. http://www.sprint.com/landings/datashare/index_c.html?INTNAV=ATG:HEataShare

20gb of shared data with 4 lines = $160.00

Feedback Score
    Do not try any r-sim if you always update iOS to the latest version! I could not get either the r-sim 10or the gpp sim interposers to work on 8.2 (iPhone 5) or 8.3 (iPhone 4s).

via the HoFo App