Thread: What kind of hours do you work?

Feedback Score

What kind of hours do you work?

What kind of hours does Verizon Corporate expect you to work? I applied for full time and don't want to work more than 40 hours a week. I don't mind doing more over holidays or if there is a big release or something. And I don't mind working past my scheduled time if I am assisting a customer so I can finish up with them. I also don't mind filling in occasionally when needed. But I don't want to work more than 40 hours on a regular basis. Do you think this will be a problem?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You'll work 40hrs normally. I stay over sometimes to help out and make a few extra bucks but normally never more than 40

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Overtime pay is really amazing...it gets good from 40 to 45 and even better beyond that...so you might want to consider it if your manager lets you stay...it pays well.

Feedback Score
    Leave find something else. Get out of the Wireless industry it will be the curse that will follow you for LIFE. BTway don't over achieve because at the end of the day they just WANT more out of you and even that is not enough. They love to use the carrot on the stick mentality. They will treat you AWESOME for the first 2 month and after that you are like any other employee.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That sounds like the talk of a loser. Don't over achieve...yea thats smart...keep meeting and exceeding expectations and guess what you'll keep rising and rising, even if not with Verizon. You'll naturally keep getting better and better luck with mentally like that. Or you can be mad they want more and more while they pay you more and more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzdubz View Post
    That sounds like the talk of a loser. Don't over achieve...yea thats smart...keep meeting and exceeding expectations and guess what you'll keep rising and rising, even if not with Verizon. You'll naturally keep getting better and better luck with mentally like that. Or you can be mad they want more and more while they pay you more and more.
    This is directed working at VZW and you forget that if you get paid more and its COMMISSION Uncle Sam comes in and take most of that money and your so called HARD work with it. It looks great on your paycheck the "GROSS" amount but when you get the "NET" you are as even to those who perform at average rate with LESS stress.

By all means I am not a looser I just woken up and took the correct pill and got enlighten. Why over achieve to a company that don't care about you and treat you only as a CASH cow nothing more nothing less. and then like any farmer when you don't produce their precious milk you become steak and transferred to the market to be devoured.

BTWay you forgot that they been changing things so when you used to do "MORE" to get paid X you have to do "MORE X2" to get paid the same as you were before when you were doing "MORE".. So your logic about when they want more from you doesn't necessarily equate to that they will pay you more.

So ya if you work somewhere else like Google, Apple or any other place that is not in the Wireless industry ya over achieve and kick *** and make yourself shine.
    Last edited by reddragonprodz; 03-06-2015 at 03:42 AM.

Feedback Score
    Ok. Not sure why this is suddenly getting posts months later. I didn't get the job at Verizon. I'm glad. I got a much better job with a software company. I've never been so thankful to not get hired before.

Now....

Quote Originally Posted by reddragonprodz View Post
    Why over achieve to a company that don't care about you and treat you only as a CASH cow nothing more nothing less.
    There are more reasons to be a hard worker than just to please your employer.

You do it for you.
    Because you have a sense of personal accountability.
    Because you want to be responsible.
    Because you made a commitment.
    Because it makes you look good.
    Because you'll earn more money.
    Because your coworkers will respect you.
    Because your friends and family will respect you.
    Because you will feel good about it.
    Because it secures your reputation as a hard worker.
    Because you need a reference to move beyond this job and do something better.
    Because it gives you an opportunity to discuss achievements while you are looking for that better job.
    Because if you don't, you have nothing to say to future employers about the kind of worker you are beyond "I did the bare minimum".
    Because you won't even get the job at Google or Apple if you're not an overachiever to begin with.

I could go on and on. It's a really sad mentality. Some employers suck, its true. But you have to figure out how to rise above that so you can go farther in life. In fact, I'm guessing that it's exactly your attitude that is responsible for wireless being a curse that is following you for life. It's not wireless. It's not your employers. It's your unwillingness to work hard in the face of all that.

Feedback Score
    I am glad that you didn't get hired at Verizon not only will your optimism will stay at it is also you will enjoy life much better in the state you are in with your new job UNLESS your new work is a call center thats another problem of its own. Either way Congrats dodging the bullet been in the wireless industry.

Feedback Score
    Nope, not a call center. Thanks for the well wishes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reddragonprodz View Post
    I am glad that you didn't get hired at Verizon not only will your optimism will stay at it is also you will enjoy life much better in the state you are in with your new job UNLESS your new work is a call center thats another problem of its own. Either way Congrats dodging the bullet been in the wireless industry.
    hahaha I really hope you work in a Verizon store thats near mine. Every store that's not mine need someone like you working in it.