Thread: Horrible browsing speed in North Burnaby (Gilmore)

Feedback Score

Horrible browsing speed in North Burnaby (Gilmore)

For the past week or so the browsing speed is absolutely horrible in North Burnaby area. Most pages time out and other times it loads very very slow. I thought it was just my phone so updated my rom, restarted my phone, deleted my apns -- tried everything but its just brutal. At this point I dont even care about youtube or music apps but even browsing is next to impossible?

Is it just me or others in the area having same issue?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Classic, BlackBerry Priv, Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    ... one word: congestion. i lived by brentwood (until a month ago) and found the same issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2000 View Post
    ... one word: congestion. i lived by brentwood (until a month ago) and found the same issue.
    3 years later nothing much has resolved

Feedback Score
    If you are talking about Gilmore station to Brentwood station, the speed is horrible or it would not load. If you are talking about near Hastings, speed is alright and normal. Parker street is also where connection is horrible for data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ahho View Post
    If you are talking about Gilmore station to Brentwood station, the speed is horrible or it would not load. If you are talking about near Hastings, speed is alright and normal. Parker street is also where connection is horrible for data
    Yes Gilmore to Willingdon all the areas around Dawson, Still Creek by the Mcdonald's is really spotty

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Well....it is a major commuter corridor...both Hwy 1, Skytrain and bus routes. Additionally there has been a major build-out of residential towers in the area further concentrating the demand.

With all of the promotions Freedom has been pushing........this is only going to get worse as more and more budget conscious people sign up.

As is often said....." you get what you pay for".
    Nexus 5.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND Mobile -> Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chattersking View Post
    For the past week or so the browsing speed is absolutely horrible in North Burnaby area. Most pages time out and other times it loads very very slow. I thought it was just my phone so updated my rom, restarted my phone, deleted my apns -- tried everything but its just brutal. At this point I dont even care about youtube or music apps but even browsing is next to impossible?

Is it just me or others in the area having same issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chattersking View Post
    3 years later nothing much has resolved

This was why I left Freedom, I could never get data working in North Burnaby, and my text messages were delayed by 30 minutes or more. (I couldn't even contemplate making voice calls). Keep in mind, this was after the network upgrade (extra 3G spectrum from Mobilicity/Rogers). The LTE network probably resolved these issues, but I was already gone by the time they announced it and rolled out their LTE plans.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneseeker101 View Post
    The LTE network probably resolved these issues, but I was already gone by the time they announced it and rolled out their LTE plans.
    LTE won't cure any conventional voice call issues, as those are completed by falling back to the overloaded 3G network.

Additionally relatively few customers would be employing a band 66 phone capable of using Freedoms restrictive LTE network. Thus off loading of data from the old network will take time as people upgrade to newer capable devices.