Thread: Why are the 302SH and 304SH Softbank phones cheaper than the Android Edgest models ??

Device(s)
    NEC N-08a Software Unlock
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone NZ
    Feedback Score

Why are the 302SH and 304SH Softbank phones cheaper than the Android Edgest models ??

Hello all- I am in the market for either an SH-04F or preferably the SH-01G but have also notice the 302SH and 304SH models are unlocked. Very similar design but with a bit smaller screens.
    I'm curious as to why the Softbank models are so much cheaper than the Docomo models ?
    It makes me a bit nervous thinking they are cheap because maybe the unlock is not full or maybe there is something missing.
    Are these Softbank unlocked models as stable and fully operational like the Docomo models ?
    Should I avoid the Softbank models and pay the extra for the Docomo versions for any reason ?

Thanks to anyone who can give me a bit of help here !!

Cheers, LL-
    N-08A

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Where exactly did you see "unlocked" 302SH and 304SH? On Ebay?
    Take my advice: do not even for a second trust the seller that they are unlocked. Quite a few people have bought "unlocked" SoftBank phones and have complained later. The famous Russian unlockers, for example, who claim they're selling you an unlocked phone -- and often people are able to insert their foreign SIM without it getting rejected (no "USIM MEP" message) but not able to get signal either. Play it safe, get a Docomo phone.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Device(s)
    NEC N-08a Software Unlock
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone NZ
    Feedback Score
    OK Thanks for that cheeseus !!
    Yes there are 2 different sellers on eBay selling the 302 and 304 SH and both "fully unlocked". I know that you know your stuff so will go by what you say. It did seem a bit strange to see them apparently fully unlocked and to be so cheap and have nobody here talk about it. I will definitely take your advice and play it safe with a Docomo. Man I wish the prices would come down a bit now !!

Thanks again for sharing your vast knowledge

Cheers, LL-
    Last edited by lamplighter; 12-13-2014 at 06:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lamplighter View Post
    OK Thanks for that cheeseus !!
    Yes there are 2 different sellers on eBay selling the 302 and 304 SH and both "fully unlocked". I know that you know your stuff so will go by what you say. It did seem a bit strange to see them apparently fully unlocked and to be so cheap and have nobody here talk about it. I will definitely take your advice and play it safe with a Docomo. Man I wish the prices would come down a bit now !!

Thanks again for sharing your vast knowledge

Cheers, LL-
    You're welcome. I'd be (one of) the first to buy a nice SoftBank Sharp - they are nicer than Docomo's - if they were fully unlockable without any issues.

Feedback Score
    Hi, actually I do own a 304sh that is partially unlocked. It can be used in singapore where I live with even 4g/LTE connection. However it has limitations like no satellite GPS and mobile hotspot but other than that it's great. From what I know the phone is partially rooted in order to achieve unlock.

I used to own the docomo sh-09f zeta and I have to say docomo has too much bloatware that causes the phone to drain battery like crazy n lag. Softbank seems to be much less heavy on the bloat n hence the phone is very snappy with excellent battery life.