Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Clearwire Future

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    I'm reposting this, since it was apparently overlooked the first time:

Look, I get why you're recommending T-Mobile over Sprint, I really do. But the point is moot when the hotspot won't work where I need it to work!!!!!!!!!!!

The town I currently work in is a more rural town. There's no Clear network there, and the T-Mobile network is EXTREMELY UNRELIABLE there, but Sprint LTE has been confirmed to work in my office (a co-worker has a Sprint id10tPhone 6,) so that's what's going to work for me. I'll actually be connectring my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 to the Sprint device via WiFi to improve my phone's service, just as I've done with Clear in the past. And THAT'S why it's good for your mobile hotspot and your phone to be on 2 different carriers, kids! ;-)
    For MOST people in Metro areas T-Mobile will probably be the better choice for all the reasons I outlined, which is why I recommend it. In YOUR case, have you considered looking into a Google Fi SIM (if you can get one) which uses both T-Mobile and Sprint? Although you would have to use it via a Nexus phone.

Best of luck with the Sprint option, I hope you get it to work. It really sucks that we (Clear customers) don't have real options to fill our needs. Clear was an excellent service.

Please let us know how your Sprint experience turns out!

Device(s)
    i576, i355, i700+
    Carrier(s)
    MiKE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rednas View Post
    Surprised that Sprint is willing to give up all the subscribers who currently have Clear and not give them an option to rollover to another of their services.
    Did the same with Nextel subs.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmccull View Post
    Did the same with Nextel subs.

via the HoFo App
    you are right. I didn't even think of that.

Feedback Score
    Look guys, Sprint thinks your a piece of garbage. The CEO of Sprint is an a$$hole. He goes and buys Radio Shack stores (and wants to put some cheesy damm Japanese robot in it) takes and gets rid of his bread and butter accounts (meaning "YOU" Clearwire customers). Cell-phone guy has it right:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Sprint form on Ho-Fo cell-phone guy says: (really wish he would repeat ALL OF IT) (Sprint-vs-T-Mobile-Switch-or-stay-Ho-Fo)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whatever you do, please do NOT sign up for a two year commitment with Sprint. They're trying to attract people with low prices then trap them in a two year nightmare. If Sprint surprises everyone and actually improves over the next few years... you can always switch THEN. But, I doubt that will happen. I predict that their CEO will get fired toward the end of next year and that Son will try to sell Sprint.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look, your a piece of garbage to """"Sprint"""" and this is your chance to make a break from them before the company gets sucked under. When the fan boys over at s4gru are saying "DIE WIMAX DIE" and at the same time the CEO is blowing (out his) about how much wireless spectrum Sprint has and talks about a possible sale of it, that is you warning to jump off of a train wreck just ahead. All the fan boys (at s4gru) talk about how unlimited data is impossible to have (which we all know that is not true). Son, fired Dan because he believed in unlimited data all while Son wants to sign up Japanese for $5.00/month unlimited talk/text/data when they come to the United States. YOU ARE BEING USED. Shall I say it again, "YOU ARE BEING USED". Gee $5.00/month vs $110.00/month? Dan had it right, WiMax should have been the safety valve for Sprint (he did not say that but he, more than likely, thought that). They could have keep wimax phone (and home) user that did not mind having it.

The following is for the handicapped (tech-challenged): (the rest of you shhh.)

Anyway, time is of essence, now. Before, I would discuss my options with the menions at Clearwire and certainly DON'T CALL SPRINT (because they will set you up with the $110.00 solution which I am sure you know about by now + $5/1GB overages), you may want to consider discussing your options with the folks at 4gantennashop.c They can give you solutions to signal problems and they may be able to find you a local wireless ISP. If you are having a signal problem with you cell-phone they might be able to clear that up as well. (They MAY be able to sell you a cellphone with an antenna jack out so you can connect an antenna [which they sell] to that cellphone for stronger calling).

For you Clearwire HOME USERS, I have some really, really bad news for you. If you are looking to get an ethernet port out solution, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE. YOUR SCREWED. You might want to call clearwire about your options THEN call the antennashop for some sort of local wireless ISP solution or solutions.
    Guys make those calls, you'll be glad you did.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Guys, this week, on Wednesday, I think, Clear re-routed every device using my connection to a screen reminding me that the service will be shut off on November 6th. On one of the computers in the house, it apparently also stated that Sprint will soon be offering Clear subscribers an equivalent replacement service on Sprint's LTE network. I didn't see that particular message myself when I viewed the redirect/log-in screen on my Kindle Fire, only a message to watch my email for more communications from Clear about this. But a family member saw it on their PC.

Did any of you get the same message? Did you happen to grab a screen capture of it? Have you talked to Clear and/or Sprint about it?
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Feedback Score
    Guys, this week, on Wednesday, I think, Clear re-routed every device using my connection to a screen reminding me that the service will be shut off on November 6th. On one of the computers in the house, it apparently also stated that Sprint will soon be offering Clear subscribers an equivalent replacement service on Sprint's LTE network. I didn't see that particular message myself when I viewed the redirect/log-in screen on my Kindle Fire, only a message to watch my email for more communications from Clear about this. But a family member saw it on their PC.

Did any of you get the same message? Did you happen to grab a screen capture of it? Have you talked to Clear and/or Sprint about it?
    Haven't seen that but I did receive an email offering me a special plan on Boost (I think) but was only given to late August to accept the offer...kind of assumed this meant they would offer something else past that date.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    The T-Mobile option doesn't require any figuring out of IMEI unlocking and you can easily place a SIM into a hotspot. Regarding the 11gb limit and 21gb prioritization, there isn't a limit when you are using the unofficial methods. Also, every carrier prioritizes, the only difference is that T-Mobile gives you an idea of when it is more likely that you may be effected by prioritization. Basically, if you're a very heavy user and are in an area that is very congested your speeds may decrease more often after you pass 21gb in usage.

Getting an unofficial hotspot to work on Sprint is much more difficult than T-Mobile.

But, neither is the ideal solution to Clear going away. There may never be such an option again for a while.
    Could you confirm that you have swapped the tmo sim into a hotspot and make it work? I get a tmo connectme message every time I swap my tmo sim to my zte z915...

Feedback Score
    On one of the computers in the house, it apparently also stated that Sprint will soon be offering Clear subscribers an equivalent replacement service on Sprint's LTE network. I didn't see that particular message myself when I viewed the redirect/log-in screen on my Kindle Fire, only a message to watch my email for more communications from Clear about this. But a family member saw it on their PC.

Couldn't disagree more. We know their LTE device is a bomb beacause it parks you where it wants you on their tri-band which Clearwire users really don't need. Clearwire users only need access to Band 41 (Clearwire Band). Second, THEIR IS NO WAY, NO WAY THAT SPRINT COULD SWITCH 100,000 LET ALONE 500,000 CLEARWIRE USERS OVER TO LTE IN 2 MONTHS.

If Sprint's goal was to play a game of chicken with cable customers, they REALLY, REALLY TOOK IT WAY TOO FAR. The cable customers left long ago. Anyone who could have left, left about a year ago because of all the speed reductions. THIS SUMMER, they were LOOSING THEIR MOST LOYALEST CUSTOMERS. Look, Sprint is toast. If they did not start switching people over to LTE back in June/July most of their most loyalest customers took a hike and left. Who is left are people that figure they would go into the dark (without internet) and never tried to get anything else or really never used the internet anyway.

So, I would be surprised if they are going to offer anything except more lip service "that network is just around the corner?? but we're turning your service off in the mean time!". If they did offer anything, it just proves that they are liars and do you really want to deal with liars?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Who is left are people that figure they would go into the dark (without internet) and never tried to get anything else or really never used the internet anyway.
    I would like to appoligize to some people out their. What I meant to say was, "Who is left are people that figure they would go into the dark (without internet) and never tried to get anything else or really never used the internet anyway; or tried to get another service but could not because there was no other providers. Again, if your are in that situation, go to antennesearch.com and see what towers are around you before you loose high speed. If you need help finding another service, call Robert: antennashop.c. He will try this same search for you and/or other solutions. Look, don't wait for what Jack T. Chance's brother-in-law might or might not have seen while drinking a beer on the sofa. It is good that he is asking, but DON'T WAIT!

Softbank Son would not have had to buy another 5% stake in Sprint at $73 million. If you do the numbers 1 million clear customers @ $50.00 per month comes to 50 million a month x 12. Add it up. Top management at Sprint is really a train wreck. How could Clearwire users possible slow down the network? It's only if they never had the proper back haul anyway. As I said, most of the s4gru morons are jumping ship. They see a closed network that is "LOCKING THEM OUT". We see SON getting into the handset (robot) business trying to launder handset through Softbank and inflating the prices of them and then reselling them to Sprint all to lock some sucker into a lease. I am telling you get off this train before it derails. One last thought, even if Sprint has a little better network it still is not going to be enough to get users to use it. Sprint is trying to act like AT$T and Veriz$on and treat their customer's like garbage. What you are seeing with clearwire is the calm before the storm.

Feedback Score
    Got new offer:

Sprint...
    * $ 50.00 / month for 6 GB
    * $ 70.00 / month for 15GB
    * $100.00 / month for 30GB

Boost...
    * $ 25.00 / month for 1.5 GB
    * $ 50.00 / month for 10.00 GB
    * $ 55.00 / month for 15.00 GB
    * $100.00 / month for 30.00 GB

Anyone get anything different?

Feedback Score
    Name:  Screenshot_2015-09-09-17-41-55-Edit.png
Views: 393
Size:  148.3 KB

Clearwire re-routed every device into a direction screen. Just received this today?? Also, I was not sure what I was seeing upon the first screen, I could not get a screen shot of a device clear had their but it looked like a black square box and underneath it said 4G LTE.
    Really, I don't know what I saw and don't really think I could understand it or cared.

Look, Jack's T. Chance's brother-in-law did not need to be drunk because I wasn't and I had no idea what the hell I was looking at. I did not know whether it was a device they sold in the past or one they were going to sell. All it was, was a black box that had 4gLTE under it. It could have been some photoshoped picture (more than likely). If they had something they would have brought it out by now because we have less than 2 months until the shut down (unless they do not plan not to shut the network down).

So, as far as I am concern, they have lost me as a customer because what they are doing is make people "think" that something is coming when really, they have nothing.

Hey, John Legere is a smart businessman. You complain that there are some people that are using 2 TB per month on your network to create a little controversy. That's an invite to clearwire users. A clearwire user would say, 2 TB? Is he serious? NO! If someone was using 2 TB on your network, you cut them off like clearwire did to their customers at 500GB. So, I have to take my hat off to him for the "great clearwire steel-a-way." Subscriber growth is flat in wireless now and will be for the foreseable future. So, John decided to do a little stealing of his own. SMART MOVE, JOHN!!!!!!!!! (I think someone gets it out their.)

In this notice, I see that Sprint says, "We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and would like to help you make a smooth transition." ??To what?? (to the other guy's network?) The first thing that comes to my mind is what stupid "Jerk" of a company that values you as a "loyal and valuable" customer would write such a crackpot type idiotic statement? What planet do these guys live on anyway? SON-of-a-b

In this notice, I see that SPRINT says, "Please be on the look out for emails from us in the coming months. If you need to update the email address you have on file, please log in to MyAccount to edit your contact information." What?? This in itself is "CRACKPOT" Statement. OK, what if I cannot get access to high speed internet after Nov 6th? THEN WHAT? What good would a notice be "ONLINE" that I CANNOT GET ACCESS TO IT ANYWAY??? What "TYPE" of A$$holes run Sprint, anyway??? Hey are they for real or living in some far off distant galaxy somewhere where basic 101 business rules don't apply???

Finally, SPRINT says, "In the meantime, we hope you continue to enjoy your service. One again, thank you for you business." What?? Throttling "loyal and valuable" customers trying to get rid of them?? Enjoy your service?? You know, these guys are a bunch of "crackpots". Even all of the morons over at s4gru are a little smarter (but not very much) then these bunch of crackpots.

OK, hey guys, I think John Legere just sent out an invite onto his network. I think his message is very clear, DON'T ABUSE HIS NETWORK. Reasonable usage is 0-100GB per month. If you need a wired solution, call Robert. Big packages can be downloaded off the tower at "OFF-Peek" times (TRY to use the network at "OFF-Peek" for the big things). Be reasonable on useage so John doen't have to switch you over to the 1 GB for the 10 remaining days in the month plan.
    If your asking how to switch?? CALL ROBERT!! antennashop.c.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_2015-09-09-17-41-55-Edit.png
Views: 393
Size:  148.3 KB

Clearwire re-routed every device into a direction screen. -=SNIP!=-
    1. Dude, just CALM DOWN! Relax, take a deep breath, drink a refreshing beverage. I'm pissed, too, but you don't see me getting anywhere NEAR as worked up about it as you are!
    2. STOP shilling for AntennaShop. It's too blatant and it's getting annoying. It's going to get your posts reported to the Admins! #HintHint

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I finally got a retentions offer! Too bad it's #meh, but at least it was an offer.

$100/month for 30GB on the "Boost Mobile" branded NETGEAR® Fuse Mobile Hotspot. The device is $9.99.

Every time i've called they only offered to forward me to Viasat, DSL, and Cable providers.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E_tron View Post
    I finally got a retentions offer! Too bad it's #meh, but at least it was an offer.

$100/month for 30GB on the "Boost Mobile" branded NETGEAR® Fuse Mobile Hotspot. The device is $9.99.

Every time i've called they only offered to forward me to Viasat, DSL, and Cable providers.
    That's a lousy deal. Not competitive enough.

Be patient for a little while longer, if you can. In the near future, there'll be an option to get Unlimited Data on a Verizon Wireless LTE Mobile Hotspot. Sales of the devices are on hold at the moment because the Jetpack 6620L devices are on backorder at present. Once the devices go on sale again, I'll post more details then (there's no point posting the info while no new purchases & activations are being processed. Unlike some HoFoers, I don't like posting info that's useless.)

Nevermind, the program I was going to take advantage of and then refer other people to has just been terminated, because Verizon's a bunch of d!¢ks!
    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 09-24-2015 at 11:50 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I happen to work 2 doors away from what I like to call a Sprint Shack (one of the remaining Radio Shack stores that's been converted into a combo Radio Shack and Sprint store) and this weekend, I asked the Sprint Store Mgr there if she knew anything about what Sprint was or wasn't offering to Clear customers. She stated that according to their Regional Manager, Clear/Sprint would be sending emails to the remaining Clear customers this week to give us an LTE offering that's supposed to be comparable to what we have with Clear.

We'll see by the end of the week if she was given correct info or not. We're halfway through Tuesday and I haven't received any new emails yet.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast