Thread: Can you turn background data & auto sync off in Kitkat?

Device(s)
    LG Transpyre
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Can you turn background data & auto sync off in Kitkat?

Happy New Year everyone! I've been using Gingerbread hell for the last 2 & 1/2 years and I'm kinda confused about Kitkat. I never upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean. I'm mainly confused about where you turn different settings on and off.

I just bought an LG Transpyre from Best Buy. Metro sells the same phone as the LG Optimus F60. I'm using it on Wi-Fi until I activate it later this month when my plan renews again. My only issue is that I can't seem to figure out how to turn off mobile data, background data, and auto sync.

I'm not an app heavy person so I mainly keep background and mobile data turned off. I'm around Wi-Fi constantly, so I use about 250 MB of mobile data monthly. I never use my phone to send emails and I'm tired of gmail and google+ notifications going off everytime I get a new email. I only use Facebook, Opera Mini web browser, and my data manager.

In Gingerbread all I had to do was go to settings and turn accounts and sync off to stop gmail from auto-updating. I can't figure out where you do that in kitkat. Also, even though I turned 4G and mobile data off, I still see the 4G LTE symbol even though I'm connected to Wi-Fi.
    I Am Perfection
    -Jarrett178

Device(s)
    Leeco x527 Le 2,Xiaomi Redmi note 3 Pro Snapdragon 650,LG G3's for wife,daughter and son :)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrett178 View Post
    Happy New Year everyone! I've been using Gingerbread hell for the last 2 & 1/2 years and I'm kinda confused about Kitkat. I never upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean. I'm mainly confused about where you turn different settings on and off.

I just bought an LG Transpyre from Best Buy. Metro sells the same phone as the LG Optimus F60. I'm using it on Wi-Fi until I activate it later this month when my plan renews again. My only issue is that I can't seem to figure out how to turn off mobile data, background data, and auto sync.

I'm not an app heavy person so I mainly keep background and mobile data turned off. I'm around Wi-Fi constantly, so I use about 250 MB of mobile data monthly. I never use my phone to send emails and I'm tired of gmail and google+ notifications going off everytime I get a new email. I only use Facebook, Opera Mini web browser, and my data manager.

In Gingerbread all I had to do was go to settings and turn accounts and sync off to stop gmail from auto-updating. I can't figure out where you do that in kitkat. Also, even though I turned 4G and mobile data off, I still see the 4G LTE symbol even though I'm connected to Wi-Fi.
    1) turn off mobile data by going to settings (an option when you "pull down" from the top of the screen) then go to Connections (usually the default), then Data Usage, then there is check box for Mobile data.

2) auto sync Data: Settings > Wireless & Networks > Data Usage > 3 dot menu (top right) > Auto-sync data

3) Here's how you can turn off background data.

Open your device's main Settings menu.
    Under "Wireless & networks", select Data usage.
    Touch the Menu menu icon (depending on your device, your Menu icon may look different).
    Make sure "Restrict background data" is checked and "Auto-sync data" is unchecked
    Note: On some devices, your background data options may be under Settings > Battery & Data Manager > Delivery > Background data.
    Instructions for the $48- 5 GB sk/mb Koodo plan, get it anywhere in Canada!!:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...here-in-Canada

Phones using: Leeco x527 Le 2, CM14 Android Nougat 7.0 with pixel launcher Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Snapdragon 650, Lg G3's for wife,daughter and son