Happy New Year everyone! I've been using Gingerbread hell for the last 2 & 1/2 years and I'm kinda confused about Kitkat. I never upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean. I'm mainly confused about where you turn different settings on and off.

I just bought an LG Transpyre from Best Buy. Metro sells the same phone as the LG Optimus F60. I'm using it on Wi-Fi until I activate it later this month when my plan renews again. My only issue is that I can't seem to figure out how to turn off mobile data, background data, and auto sync.

I'm not an app heavy person so I mainly keep background and mobile data turned off. I'm around Wi-Fi constantly, so I use about 250 MB of mobile data monthly. I never use my phone to send emails and I'm tired of gmail and google+ notifications going off everytime I get a new email. I only use Facebook, Opera Mini web browser, and my data manager.

In Gingerbread all I had to do was go to settings and turn accounts and sync off to stop gmail from auto-updating. I can't figure out where you do that in kitkat. Also, even though I turned 4G and mobile data off, I still see the 4G LTE symbol even though I'm connected to Wi-Fi.