Thread: Using Speakerphone on Sharp SH-007?

Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score

Question Using Speakerphone on Sharp SH-007?

Hello,
    I'm trying to get my Sharp SH-007 set up, I can't figure out what button to hit, to get the speakerphone to turn on, when dialing a call. On my other android HTC, I like to hit speakerphone button as soon as I finish dialing, so I can put the phone down, and listen to the ringing away from my ear. On my SH007, as soon as you start dialing, there is a speakerphone button on the screen, but if you click on it, you just get a message saying "Can't use this button now, can only use key". None of the buttons on the keypad have the speakerphone icon. Is a speakerphone available? or is the SH007 misbehaving? (I also installed GODialer& GoContacts, like GoSMS.)

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveSharpSH007 View Post
    Hello,
    I'm trying to get my Sharp SH-007 set up, I can't figure out what button to hit, to get the speakerphone to turn on, when dialing a call. On my other android HTC, I like to hit speakerphone button as soon as I finish dialing, so I can put the phone down, and listen to the ringing away from my ear. On my SH007, as soon as you start dialing, there is a speakerphone button on the screen, but if you click on it, you just get a message saying "Can't use this button now, can only use key". None of the buttons on the keypad have the speakerphone icon. Is a speakerphone available? or is the SH007 misbehaving? (I also installed GODialer& GoContacts, like GoSMS.)
    You probably mean the 007SH. Writing the model number correctly is important: SH-007 would be a KDDI AU phone, not a SoftBank phone. Anyway, I think the speakerphone is only available once the call is active, not while dialling.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score

Question Also, can you help me figure out how to get the phone to receive the signal? 007SH

OK thanks, that makes sense! And yes I have the Softbank 007SH.

Also, can you help me figure out how to get the phone to receive the signal? I bought on Ebay, it is a soft-unlocked (not rooted), set in English.

When I first got the phone, I took the SIM card out of my working Android GSM phone, and put it in the 007SH, and immediately made a phone call, no problem. So I figured I didn't need a hypersim. (Net10 phone service, 1900 gsm range.)

Then I figured, it would be easier to install the apps I wanted, and make sure the phone is working cleanly, before I change over. So I extracted all my apps, installed them on the 007SH, and got everything set up the way I wanted.

Now, when I put the SIM card in the 007SH, it would receive the signal. And when I put it back in the working phone, Airplane Mode is automatically checked, so there is no signal until I "uncheck" airplane mode.

I tried putting the working SIM back in the 007SH, and unchecking, and rechecking airplane, no change. I tried unmounting the SD card (where all the apps are located), putting the working SIM back in the 007SH, rebooted several times, no change.

Anything I can do? Does this mean I do need a hypersim, or the full unlock? Or is there anyone that will unlock the 007SH via computer, like share screen?

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The only way to unlock the 007SH is by first rooting it. If your 007SH was unlocked, it must have been rooted. Of course, the person who did this may have unrooted it after that.

There have been quite a few complaints about "unlocked" SoftBank phones that suddenly lose signal and can't get it back. I think in some of the cases at least this is due to a fake unlock, e.g. they don't really unlock it but rather implant a hypersim inside the phone to trick buyers. Or simply their method sucks.

I personally am unable to help you because I don't know how to do the unlock. But I've had my 005SH unlocked remotely by a guy who offers an unlock service for the 007SH. I haven't heard of him in over a year but if you visit my website and check the Market section, you'll see his contact details.

You have two options -- try to get in touch with him or start reading the 007SH unlock thread here -- there's a whole load of questions and a few answers and instructions there. The rootkit(s) are available on my website.

Good luck!

Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Ok thank you!

It seems like I'm reading, if you you root it "correctly", the phone will maybe also last longer, and the battery will last longer because I can get rid of the bloatware!

I'll see about that other guy. If that doesn't work, I may look for some cheap local phones, and try unlocking/rooting them first ... I'm OK on the computer, in the past I fixed some corrupted Windows system files, by copying from one computer to another ... but I'm definitely still a novice with the androids. I don't want to brick the phone by trying to do it myself at this point.

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok thank you!

It seems like I'm reading, if you you root it "correctly", the phone will maybe also last longer, and the battery will last longer because I can get rid of the bloatware!
    That is correct! You can free up ROM by integrating updates into /system, free up RAM by removing auto-start apps or by removing unwanted apps altogether, you can overclock the processor. My 005SH (same hardware as the 007SH) is running twice as fast as before rooting.
    I'll see about that other guy. If that doesn't work, I may look for some cheap local phones, and try unlocking/rooting them first ... I'm OK on the computer, in the past I fixed some corrupted Windows system files, by copying from one computer to another ... but I'm definitely still a novice with the androids. I don't want to brick the phone by trying to do it myself at this point.
    Rooting a Sharp Android phone is quite different from rooting any other brand. The rootkits are pretty straightforward, chances of success are 99%.