Thread: In Need of some Serious Advice

Feedback Score

In Need of some Serious Advice

Hey all - I am a Verizon Premium Retail Agent, and have been for almost a year. I've learned a lot of things here, but I have some major concerns to the point where I've even thought about switching to Verizon Corporate.

It seems to me that Indirects tend to sell on customer service, and not price. Which is a great thing. But they also sell based on the customers ignorance. Does anyone feel bad about this? I mean here at the Indirect Channel, we have a basic phone for like $80 with a $50 mail in rebate, but then Corporate offers the same exact phone for 99 cents, and then to put the final nail in the coffin, waives the activation fee. I do not understand why we cannot price match Corporate.

Feedback Score
    Because we wouldn't make any money. My store has made the rebates instant though. Also corporate stores themselves probably don't have basic phones that cheap if at all in store. I thought they were pretty much online only for corporate. We're one of the few stores in my area that has them and they are a little pricy, but not too far off from online. Basic isn't exactly a push anymore so it's not like we care if we lose a sale due to price on one of those.

I've seen some really really shady things at corporate. Selling old people a jet pack and home phone connect with like 1 GB of data and make them think they're saving all kinds of money. Turns out that person needs lots more data than that but finds out after they're locked in. They never properly qualified the customer, simply wanted the activations. And don't forget their super high accessory quotas. They tell people here is the price and we're giving you this case, charger, and Bluetooth too. But in reality that phone is marked up $100 to cover all that. They made the customer think it was free though.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwinagent View Post
    Because we wouldn't make any money. My store has made the rebates instant though. Also corporate stores themselves probably don't have basic phones that cheap if at all in store. I thought they were pretty much online only for corporate. We're one of the few stores in my area that has them and they are a little pricy, but not too far off from online. Basic isn't exactly a push anymore so it's not like we care if we lose a sale due to price on one of those.

I've seen some really really shady things at corporate. Selling old people a jet pack and home phone connect with like 1 GB of data and make them think they're saving all kinds of money. Turns out that person needs lots more data than that but finds out after they're locked in. They never properly qualified the customer, simply wanted the activations. And don't forget their super high accessory quotas. They tell people here is the price and we're giving you this case, charger, and Bluetooth too. But in reality that phone is marked up $100 to cover all that. They made the customer think it was free though.

via the HoFo App
    You're correct, Corp. is the last stop before you loose your SOUL.. and submit. @ corp its not about the customer at all its ALL about the numbers.. If you're willing to sell your SOUL and start selling on false promises be ahead and jump over. Indirect as least you can be adamant about things and share your opinions at corp. not so much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwinagent View Post

via the HoFo App
    I've seen indirects pull the same. Then after tell them to go to corporate for adjustments.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I am guilty as well my friend. I have too sold the iPhone 5S on device payment at $650. The same price as the iPhone 6.