Thread: Looking for VOIP Cordless Handsets with Line Keys

Carrier(s)
    Digium
    Feedback Score

Looking for VOIP Cordless Handsets with Line Keys

Greetings,

We're looking to replace our ATT POTS lines with VOIP.

We currently have a system similar to AT&T SB67138 4-Line Cordless Phone 4 Handsets BUNDLE

Each handset has 4 line keys. We're looking for a VOIP system that is similliar but I cannot find one.

If you know of one please let me know.

Thanks,

Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Simply Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I don't think that you are going to find a cordless IP phones system that has 'line buttons'. However, voip works differently than POTS phones and does not need multiple 'lines' in order to have multiple simultaneous calls. Your voip provider will determine how many channels you get. One of my provider allows me to have 25 channels, so I could receive 25 different incoming calls at a time.

If you want cordless IP phones, then you might want to look at the Panasonic KX-TGP500 SIP DECT Phone System.

However, if you want to keep using your existing cordless phones and still switch over to voip, then you'll want to get an ATA with 4 FXS ports (such as the OBi504vs). This will plug into your cordless phone system and mimic the 4 lines that you have currently with your POTS provider. The advantage to this is that you can still use your existing hardware AND you don't have to retrain the users on how to use the new phone system.

Carrier(s)
    Digium
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for your feeback. This is exactly the sort of feedback I was looking for.

I see that it comes with "1 PSTN Line Port with Relay to FXS Phone Port 1 for use with Line Powered Phone Service in the Event of a Power Outage"

The power outage redundancy is nice. Do you happen to know if there is a way to account for VOIP outages and have the numbers roll to the POTS line if the VOIP is out ?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Simply Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billkellaway View Post

The power outage redundancy is nice. Do you happen to know if there is a way to account for VOIP outages and have the numbers roll to the POTS line if the VOIP is out ?
    Some voip providers will allow you to failover to a telephone number in the event your IP phone (or ATA) is not reachable. I know that voip.ms, Callcentric and Anveo all allow a failover number to be set.

However, in the event that your voip provider is down (or the CLEC that your DIDs are provided through) is down, then incoming calls will fail and there is nothing that you can do.