Thread: Unused dollars

Carrier(s)
    PTEL
    Feedback Score

Unused dollars

What's the best way to get rid of unused dollars on a Paylo plan? My wife is on the old $20/90 day plan, and uses maybe $5/mo at the most (built up $125 balance over the years). Only way I can see is to buy one of their better phones and sell it on Ebay. Just wish I wouldn't lose it if I drop VM. I see nothing for less than $6.67/mo. on VM.

I've been on PTEL for 2 years paying $5/mo. with a Nexus 5, a so much better way if you don't talk much. I use about 2 gb data per month on wifi, and none on cell. She'd probably use none on either.
    TracFone Paygo
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P

Device(s)
    Nokia 2720
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    >Unused dollars

Me too!

>What's the best way to get rid of unused dollars on a Paylo plan?

I buy new toys ... an interesting new phone, a broadband dongle, my college fight song ringtone.

> My wife is on the old $20/90 day plan, and uses maybe $5/mo at the most (built up $125 balance over the years).

Me too! Ocassionally I'd buy a year airtime PIN if I saw something I wanted. Got to $350 IIRC. Got a Samsung Galaxy S III .My current balance is about $118. Been with Virgin about 12 years now.

>Only way I can see is to buy one of their better phones and sell it on Ebay. Just wish I wouldn't lose it if I drop VM.
    >I see nothing for less than $6.67/mo. on VM.

You could. Not for me.

Regards, FJ
    I've been on PTEL for 2 years paying $5/mo. with a Nexus 5, a so much better way if you don't talk much. I use about 2 gb data per month on wifi, and none on cell. She'd probably use none on either.
    PTEL Paygo
    Nexus 5

Carrier(s)
    PTEL
    Feedback Score
    Why would anyone buy a 12 month pin? $95 compared to $20x4. I guess if anyone needs a vm phone I could buy it and sell it to them new at 20% off and be much better off than losing it all. My goal is to give my wife my n5 and buy an n6 for myself, both on PTEL at $10/mo. each. I get much better reception than her on vm now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Nokia 2720
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    >>Why would anyone buy a 12 month pin? $95 compared to $20x4.

True enough. If you were burning through the airtime you wouldn't notice. By the way, VM year airtime cards sometimes go on sale. The last year airtime card I purchased was $55 (at Target) ; the one before that was $72 on line from VM. Benn with VM a long time.

>>I guess if anyone needs a vm phone ...

You could do that.
    Regards, FJ

Feedback Score
    I live in a well-wi-fi-ed area so I used my accumulated money to buy the best smartphone they had at the time and never activated it but it's great to use to kill time on the Internet when I'm stuck somewhere. I still have the old flip phone for making the occasional phone call. By the time I'm ready for a new android I'll have enough money built back up.

Quote Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
    What's the best way to get rid of unused dollars on a Paylo plan? My wife is on the old $20/90 day plan, and uses maybe $5/mo at the most (built up $125 balance over the years). Only way I can see is to buy one of their better phones and sell it on Ebay. Just wish I wouldn't lose it if I drop VM. I see nothing for less than $6.67/mo. on VM.