Thread: Sharp sh-03d

Feedback Score

Cool Sharp sh-03d

I'm lurking in this awesome forum for a while now and be the only forum I believe that could help me out with keitais. I'd be getting a Sharp sh-03d very soon and of course, prior to that, I did some reasearch and found out that a few features of some keitais, including sh-03d isn't available outside Japan. (Internet connection is one of those, etc)

I just want to know what are the other things that I should know about this phone alone? Calling all sh-03d users or at least had the chance to use them. What are some difficulties you've encountered on this phone, etc.

If someone could share their SMS, calling, typing, etc. experience with the phone, it would be really appreciated!

And I reside somewhere in Asia, if that would help.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I just got this phone for a day. I use it as my secondary phone, for SMS and call only. It's really such a pain to text because it has no T9. But when flipping the screen around and use the on screen keyboard, it feels almost like a smart phone , I'm pretty impressed by the touch responsiveness of the screen. I have yet to test the call quality on it.
    So far, I'm still exploring the phone.
    It feels great to hold in the hand, and it looks great!
    You can't expect it to operate as a smart phone, because it's not.
    If you like flip phone, you'll enjoy having it

Feedback Score
    That's a nice phone, I guess. I'll be getting that one maybe next month or so. If you have any experience with the phone please do reply to this thread anytime. Thank you!

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    What I still can't figure out is how to change the SMS length to 160 characters. It's limited to 70 characters and I can't find the setting where to change it. So far, love the phone, especially the notification LED

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ynn View Post
    What I still can't figure out is how to change the SMS length to 160 characters. It's limited to 70 characters and I can't find the setting where to change it. So far, love the phone, especially the notification LED
    It should be in Mail > Mail settings > SMS settings. Just check every possible menu option, the setting should exist.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ynn View Post
    Yeah! And somehow it reminds me of F-02d. I was before torn between SH-03d and f-02d 'cos of their spec. And I'm not sure if there are keitais out there that matches them in quality.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    It should be in Mail > Mail settings > SMS settings. Just check every possible menu option, the setting should exist.
    Thanks so much! I found it. The SMS settings is on a second page which I completely missed when looking through the settings. It feels good to be able to type 160 characters long text

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by honeycoleanne View Post
    Yeah! And somehow it reminds me of F-02d. I was before torn between SH-03d and f-02d 'cos of their spec. And I'm not sure if there are keitais out there that matches them in quality.
    F-02D and SH-03D have pretty much the same specs, though F-02D's price is much more higher than SH-03D. Nevertheless, these two phones are flip phones flagship