Thread: Ebay phone activation hell

Device(s)
    RAZR V3m
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Ebay phone activation hell

I am trying to understand what is going on here, specifically I am wondering what the motivation behind whatever is going on is. I have tried to purchase 3 Galaxy Note 4 phones on ebay for sprint. Every one of them has had problem and thus far only 1 so far was able to get up and operational. Is there

Here are the common factors, 1 every one of them comes without a SIM card, why? What good is the SIM card to the seller and why are they stripping them out of the phones? Are SIM cards worth so much people want to sell them separately? Didn't matter if I paid $685 or $500 none came with a SIM card. Some brand new in sealed box some phone only opened and used with contacts still left in them.

I always take phones to activate them at sprint stores because the web based system has failed me many times and in this case I needed a SIM card. Every one of the phones was claimed to have a clean ESN by sprint employees whom then proceeded to try to get the phones up and running for me. They transferred the numbers and were able to make phone calls. However in every case getting data to provision was either difficult or impossible. I would see the LTE blink and spin, then 3G then nothing over and over. The first phone was said to be good and I took it out of the store as the connection was terrible there and eventually it connected and everything was good. However the second 2 phones both never acquired the ability to get data and I returned one and am in the process of waiting for the other one to provision and have waited 6 hours now with nothing.

This has taken place over 5+ SIM cards, 5 different sprint stores spread out through Michigan and Illinois. The sprint employees are always very slow to work with the phones and trouble shoot them and often can never figure it out. They have tried all sorts of hard resets, soft resets, ##7something, and what not. On the first phone I think the employee said something about manual programming.

So the question is what the heck is going on here? Is there some common ebay scam, hacked ESN phones? Is it incompetence by sprint employees? Is there something I can try now to get these working?

Feedback Score
    Lol. And you keep going back buying phones that don't work properly from ebay. Where is the sense in that?

Device(s)
    RAZR V3m
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Ignoring the worthless comment, the last phone did end up provisioning data, I have no idea why but it took over 6 hours for it to do this. My guess is that changing the SIM card on a phone for someone reason is extremely difficult for Sprint to deal with data wise. On top of that it was obvious none of the sprint store workers had any idea nor did they warn me this might take time. Many pummeled away at the issue for quite some time. Ultimately the solution was just to wait it out.