Thread: Concession accounts getting edge rumor?

Feedback Score

Question Concession accounts getting edge rumor?

I have been working for an auth dealer for 3 1/2 years now and I notice the talk about how corporate is worse or better, vise versa... It depends on who you are, personally I take a lot of passion for my job as indirect and would not be happy being micromanaged at corporate store but that doesn't mean that everyone at corporate is unethical, and I know plenty of other indirect account managers that are also unethical... I am not one of them....There is good and bad hires in every company unfortunately, just take care of your people ethically and that will show the bad apples eventually....

Anywho!!

for my real reason for this post, I have heard a rumor that they are bringing edge to concession accounts through the grape vine, has anyone else heard this?

I mean verizon is so concerned with us pushing this program, while docking pay for us to sell this product, the least they could do is let us use it at a discount... That's all I'm going to say about it.....

Feedback Score
    That's your company doing that. We get paid no less on 2yr contract than we ever have. We simply make more on Edge, unless it's an iPhone, then Edge is slightly less than a contract. Stores like it because there is basically no chargeback risk.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    2 year pays same as always have. But edge is like 50.00 if even per phone. Peanuts compared to my normal profit per sale. No charge back risk yes but I don't have charge back issues so much cause I don't sell to people that I know won't pay their bills.

Feedback Score
    You get paid less on Edge?

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwtia View Post
    2 year pays same as always have. But edge is like 50.00 if even per phone. Peanuts compared to my normal profit per sale. No charge back risk yes but I don't have charge back issues so much cause I don't sell to people that I know won't pay their bills.
    How can you tell who won't pay their bills. Just curious.

Feedback Score
    Yes edge pays less.... and you can tell based on how many phones they want and if they are not caring about the price of plan, no port ins, no insurance.... I work in an area that doesn't have a lot of issues with charge backs so it's easy to tell if it's fraudulent or not... also being up front about the first bill and/or proration helps too.

Feedback Score
    That's crazy your store pays you less on Edge. As a store we make more on Edge on every device except iPhone and iPhone is only about $10 less on Edge than 2 year contract. The other devices are quite a bit more profit on Edge and less risk. I pay my employees based on gross profit so they get more on Edge.

The only possible thinking I have for that is cash flow. Due to no down payment and only receiving sales tax Edge is a huge cash flow strain to stores. No cash coming in and must wait 20-50 days for commission.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Yeah but were your 2 years paying much? I mean I used to easily make 100.00 a handset beside iphones.... I know every company pays different but vzw cut the edge pay out compared to 2 year agreements . My company splits everything 50/50 with me.

Feedback Score
    If they are paying you less on Edge than a 2 year contract then they aren't simply splitting. That's for sure. They are making more on a device sold on Edge over a 2 year contract. A lot of this depends if we're taking new or upgrade too. Edge pays the same on new or upgrade to a store. A new line on a 2 year activation makes a lot more than a 2 year upgrade. On new lines Edge and 2 year payout are fairly close. Some are slightly more on Edge and some slightly less on Edge but nothing major. I tend to always be talking about upgrades when I talk profits because it's what we do most of. You should get more on an Edge upgrade over a 2 year upgrade. On a new line it could go either way but shouldn't be a significant difference.

As far as making $100. That sounds really really good to me for a rep to make. As a store we barely make that on some upgrades. If you're getting $50% then around $50 or slightly more or less I'd think on upgrades. For new lines probably $75-$100 would be average. I've been doing this over 10 years and don't personally think commissions from Verizon have changed that much. Sure basic phones have gone down but as a store I've always averaged around $100 or slightly more on an upgrade.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Another way to look at Edge. They definitely didn't cut payout. A new line could be slightly less on Edge but most upgrades are considerably more profit on Edge and we do way more upgrades than new lines.

via the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    for my real reason for this post, I have heard a rumor that they are bringing edge to concession accounts through the grape vine, has anyone else heard this?

I mean verizon is so concerned with us pushing this program, while docking pay for us to sell this product, the least they could do is let us use it at a discount... That's all I'm going to say about it.....
    I've heard that too, but my account manager keeps saying that he hasn't heard about edge on concession lines. Can we even get international data on a concession line?

Feedback Score
    I haven't tried the international data, but I feel like you would be able too as long as you've been active a few months but I'm honestly not entirely sure.
    And as far as the edge paying less, my company just pays more then most others, if It's not possible for you to make a buck fifty on an upgrade with no accessories, then that's why edge pays out more for the reps in your company.
    I made 60k last year working 35 hours a week and I was not a manager.
    We've found other ways to make up for lost income on the edge though luckily so everything is peachy now. Thanks for the responses but I still would love to know about that edge concessions account lol

Feedback Score
    Yeah but were your 2 years paying much? I mean I used to easily make 100.00 a handset beside iphones.... I know every company pays different but vzw cut the edge pay out compared to 2 year agreements . My company splits everything 50/50 with me.
    50/50 split? Where do I sign up?

via the HoFo App