Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Q&A - The thread

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Cricket LG Risio 2(x2)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Cricket Q&A - The thread

I thought why not? Q&A for Cricket Wireless, Questions and answers fulfilled here!

Q. What network does Cricket run on?
    A. The AT&T Native GSM network.

Q. Does Cricket use AT&T's Roaming Partners?
    A. No, Cricket only uses AT&T's Native(non-roaming) network.

Q. I have or bought a phone for the old Cricket, Can I use it on the new Cricket?
    A. Possibly, but more likely not. Most of the old Cricket phones are CDMA technology but the new Cricket uses AT&T's GSM technology. Both technologies are different and if you can't get your Old Cricket phone unlocked by Cricket or Sprint, you WILL need to buy a new GSM Compatible phone or do a trade in at your local Cricket store for some credit towards a New Compatible GSM phone. Look at the Question below for more details. ->

Q. What phone can I bring to the New Cricket?
    A. You can bring any AT&T "locked" phone(some may need unlocking), Unlocked GSM phones, and international unlocked phones. Note: International unlocked phones may not receive LTE but will AT LEAST get 3G/4G speeds because of 3G 1900mhz support.

Q. What do I need to get LTE on Cricket?
    A. You need a phone that supports AT LEAST Band 4 and 17 LTE, if you want LTE on AT&T's network in more places you need LTE Band's 2,4,5,7 and 17 or LTE Band's 2,4,5 and 17.

Q. What is Crickets Network Speed?
    A. Cricket limits your High-Speed data so you get "up to" 8mbps on LTE, and "up to" 4mbps on 4G(HSPA+). Throttled Speeds are 128kbps.

Q. What will happen to Cricket's old CDMA network?
    A. The old CDMA network, AT&T is shutting down so your old CDMA phone will stop working. Some old CDMA Cricket Phones can work on AT&T when unlocked but you may not be able to unlock them. You could potentially flash your phone to a Sprint Carrier though but if that does not work/don't want to, you WILL have to buy a new GSM phone compatible with AT&T's network.

Q. Can I refer People to Cricket?
    A. YES! and if you do, you and your referrer both get $25 bill credits. Cricket states up to a $250 MAX per year in referral Credit but "may" let you do more than that.

Q. Is their a Activation fee to join Cricket?
    A. In store: Yes $25, Online: No, fee is waived.

Q. How much do sim card's cost?
    A. In Store: $10 + First month of service for new customers and for Existing Customers $10(may be waived if nice enough) , Online: $9.99 + First month's service(sometime's on sale for $0.99 + First month of service). Note: If you purchase a phone online from Cricket's website, it will come with a free sim card included. Walmart also has Cricket Sims for around $10, you can pick it up at your local Walmart(if carried by them), Order online and have it delivered to your house, or Order online and ship to a FedEx location for pick-up. Walmart sims will need a Special Activation at this number: 1-855-619-6021.

Q. The BYOD Checker says my phone can only receive 3G but I know my phone is Compatible with AT&T LTE?
    A. The BYOD checker is many times wrong and will say your phone will get 3G but in reality once Activated your AT&T 4G LTE Compatible Device will get 4G LTE.

Q. Does Cricket give me discounts for more lines that I add?
    A. YES! Cricket will give you a "Group Save Discount". Here is how it works: 1st line: Regular price, 2nd line: $10/month discount, 3rd line: $20/month discount, 4th line: $30/month Discount, 5th line: $40/month Discount. Discount's not available on the 20GB Advanced plan or the $25 Talk and Text plan. ->

Q. Does Cricket allow you to get 5 lines for $100/month?
    A. YES! Simply bring 5 lines and sign all 5 up for the Basic "2.5gb of high speed then throttled" plan and your monthly rate will be $100/month Total for the 5 lines.

Q. Does Cricket have just a Unlimited Talk and Text plan?
    A. YES! Cricket does have a Talk/Text only(no data included) plan for $25 monthly. Note: This plan does not qualify for the "Group Save Discount" or Auto-Pay discount.

Q. Does Cricket have taxes and fees?
    A. Nope! Taxes and Fees all included in the Price you See!

Q. Does Cricket allow me to switch my plan during my month of service?
    A. YES! You can switch your plan about 2 times every month. Plan proration will apply.

Q. Does Cricket have a Music Service, and what happened to Muve music?
    A. Cricket discontinued Muve Music, but Cricket has since introduced the replacement: Deezer music streaming service. Deezer is Free for 15 days for new Cricket customers then $6 monthly. Muve Music CDMA Cricket customers can get the new music streaming service Deezer *Free* until May! After May it becomes $6 monthly. Ask Cricket about this.

Q. Does Cricket have Mobile Hotspot(tethering)?
    A. Not at this time No, but someday in the Future they might! Note: Some users have reported that Nexus 5, Jailbroken iPhone's, and Rooted Android's can tether. Some users have tethered with these devices and Cricket has not warned them about Tethering.

Q. Does Cricket allow me to buy more High-Speed data?
    A. YES! For just $10 for a one time boost or $10 a month for a Monthly Boost, Cricket will give you 1GB of extra High-Speed data!

Q. Does Cricket give Customers benefits for staying with Cricket?
    A. YES! Every year you stay with Cricket, Cricket will give you a $50 Device credit good towards a $50 Smartphone! *Reward Credits become redeemable once you are issued a Device Credit and will expire, if unused, approximately sixty (60) months after Device Credit is issued. ** You may only earn three (3) Device Credits (equal to $150 credit) without redemption, regardless of how many payments you make in full by the Renewal Date. ***1 Reward credit every month(not including the first month) is issued when service is paid in full and on-time. After 12 months of on-time full Payment's you Qualify for the Device Credit. Bridgepay and payments not made in full do not count.

Q. Since AT&T had a deal with iusacell(Mexico wireless carrier), Does Cricket benefit from that deal?
    A. YES! Cricket customers on the Smart, Pro, or Advanced plan get Unlimited Talk, Text, and Picture messaging to landlines and Mobile phones in Mexico. Your call or text MUST Originate from the US to Mexico to use this new Benefit.

Q. Does Cricket have International Calling/Texting add-on's?
    A. YES! Cricket does have International Calling/texting add-on plan's. These plans cost from $5-$15 monthly depending on what package you need.

If I can I will try and get this updated. Happy learning!
    Last edited by Vicpdx17; 03-17-2015 at 05:06 AM.
    Home Entertainment: Comcast Blast Pro 200mbps internet(Xfinity XB3 Arris TG1682G 24x8 Docsis 3.0 modem, IPv6 enabled), Xfinity Digital Preferred TV(Tivo Bolt(Main DVR)/Tivo Mini(Bedroom), Xfinity Voice EMTA XB3 with Voice Unlimited.

Feedback Score
    Does the yearly $50 device credit expire? Can I wait 2 years & apply $100 to a phone?
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Does the yearly $50 device credit expire? Can I wait 2 years & apply $100 to a phone?
    I updated that Question in the OP(original post) with what I found out from the website.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Note on tethering: while not officially permitted, people with jailbroken iPhones or rooted Androids have been tethering without warning so far.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Note on tethering: while not officially permitted, people with jailbroken iPhones or rooted Androids have been tethering without warning so far.
    Got it!, Updated the OP.

Feedback Score
    Appreciate the effort OP. Unfortunately it seems a lot of folks don't bother searching the forum or reading other posts before asking their question.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Nice write-up.

You may want to add that the SIM is free if you purchase a phone from www.cricketwireless.com.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSH1 View Post
    Nice write-up.

You may want to add that the SIM is free if you purchase a phone from www.cricketwireless.com.
    Got it! Added it to the first post.

Feedback Score
    Isn't the sim 10 when activating with cricketwireless.com? The act fee is zero

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anujchopra View Post
    Isn't the sim 10 when activating with cricketwireless.com? The act fee is zero
    It's $9.99 with BYOD + first month of service online. Yes Activation fee is $0 when activating online as stated above.

Device(s)
    LG F3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Might want to go ahead and change the referral limit to a firm $250.. The bug was when cricket was doing it on their own.. The new company that is managing it is cutting the new program off at a firm $250

If you receive more than $250 this year it means u have old referrals outstanding from the old program. Problem is, there shouldn't be any old outstanding referrals now.. Old program was discontinued at the end of Oct. All of those should be paid out meaning now the limit will be a firm $250

I can confirm that as soon as you hit 10 now it cuts you off.. You can still refer but it denies your credit. Your referee gets their credit though

I have about 20 denied credits now and that started at exactly 10 approved. They send an email on your 11th saying u have ran out and gives a link to the TOS and the status is updated to denied

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If im on a family plan do I get $250 max credit for that one account ? Or $250 each line ...

Feedback Score
    family or group plans count as max out at 10 even with 5 lines. Would need separate accounts to get more than 10.

Quote Originally Posted by devin37354 View Post
    I can confirm that as soon as you hit 10 now it cuts you off.. You can still refer but it denies your credit. Your referee gets their credit though

I have about 20 denied credits now and that started at exactly 10 approved. They send an email on your 11th saying u have ran out and gives a link to the TOS and the status is updated to denied
    I thought under the TOS that when you exceed 10 those additional referrals would credit to you after your one year anniversary date. Did they change the TOS? Saying these are denied sounds like you'll never get them.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    You won't get denied credit the following year. You'll have to refer new once you hit the 1 year anniversary.

Device(s)
    LG F3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    You won't get denied credit the following year. You'll have to refer new once you hit the 1 year anniversary.
    Yup this is the answer.. You are denied those over the limit credits but you will get credits for new referrals after you are eligible again..

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast