Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Q&A - The thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeskin View Post
    Not exactly sure what you mean. I think I figured out you buy a phone with one line/SIM. Do that 5 times. Then when you get the phones and are ready to activate, call a rep and merge the 5 lines to get the discount.
    Would you have to pay anything before the activation? Like the full $40 per line?

Feedback Score
    Yes the first month of servis.

Feedback Score
    To get the free mail-in rebate phones do the phones need to be active on the line? It states in the terms/conditions "Service must be active and customer must make second service payment within 45 days of activation to receive card".
    Does that mean I can get the free phone but use my own phone while still getting the rebate?

Feedback Score
    Yes but the service must be continuous, any break and the whole deal's dead.

And note many thousands never got their rebate, "check's in the mail" for months and months, nothing and no recourse.

I give them no credence at all on their rebates anymore, don't want their crippled locked-down phones anyway, just buy unlocked and BYOP from the beginning.

Feedback Score
    anyone know if you can have more than 5 lines on an account? edit: I contacted customer support, they said the max # of lines under 1 account is 9. But you don't get group discount above 5, not even the $5 auto pay discount. So anything above 5 lines, it is cheaper to create a second account.
    Last edited by zeen; 07-08-2015 at 02:04 PM.

Feedback Score
    How many lines do you need?

Feedback Score
    right now i'm under 5. but possibly wanted to add a few other family members in the future.

Feedback Score
    Well if you want 6 lines, then 5 in group plan plus 1 with prepay ($35) is probably best. You can do the math for 7 or more.

Feedback Score
    yep, that is the conclusion i came to as well.

Feedback Score
    I was with Cricket for couple of months when they had $60 (Auto Pay $55) 20 gig data plan with unlimited talk and text and I loved it. Then I was told by my friend to move to Tmobile as their service is great and it is all unlimited. I made the biggest mistake of my life and Tmobile service plainly sucked, wouldn't get reception in my apartment and had to use wifi calling and service in and around my neighborhood was not so good. Now I am back to Cricket but with 10 gig plan. Any one know when they coming out with higher data plan of at least 20 gigs

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Cricket Q&A - The thread

No one knows. But welcome back.

I tried Tmo before coming to Cricket and the signal was awful in the burbs of L.A.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Just signed up for the family plan today. Set up voicemail and everything seems fine except when I check VM it asks for my pass code each time. Anyway to remove that prompt and go straight to voicemail?
    Edit.
    A google search solved this problem.
    Last edited by ocala; 07-26-2015 at 09:34 PM.

Device(s)
    samsung n200
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    Q. Does Cricket allow me to switch my plan during my month of service?
    A. YES! You can switch your plan about 2 times every month. Plan proration will apply.
    Why does Cricket allow switching plans? If it allows switching plans mid-month, then can users do this:

Upgrade scenario: You start with Basic, use your 2.5 gb LTE data. Instead of getting throttled, u switch to Smart or Pro plan to get more data at LTE speeds, cheaper than adding 1gb at $10.

Downgrade scenario: You choose Pro, use all your 10gb LTE data, then you switch to Basic plan and you end up paying less prorated... either way, you're going to be data throttled.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhawki View Post
    Why does Cricket allow switching plans? If it allows switching plans mid-month, then can users do this:

Upgrade scenario: You start with Basic, use your 2.5 gb LTE data. Instead of getting throttled, u switch to Smart or Pro plan to get more data at LTE speeds, cheaper than adding 1gb at $10.

Downgrade scenario: You choose Pro, use all your 10gb LTE data, then you switch to Basic plan and you end up paying less prorated... either way, you're going to be data throttled.
    Yes, there are LOTS of threads that describe this kind of behavior (doing a forum search would reveal these). In fact, people will, for example, use up the 2.5GB on the Basic plan, upgrade to Smart, then immediately downgrade to Basic to get another allocation of 2.5GB. All you pay extra is the prorated amount of the Smart plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    To maximize the benefits for those needing extra data. You start with 10gb downgrade to 5gb, use that up then go to 10gb. 25gb per month for $55.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast