Thread: Can't receive texts from a short code on SH-03D?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Can't receive texts from a short code on SH-03D?

Hi

I was looking on google for an answer to this, but it seems like I can't find anything. I've been trying to text a 6 digit short code on my keitai and it sends, but I don't seem to be getting anything back. When I put the sim back into my smartphone, I start receiving the text messages. I checked if the short code sends MMS or SMS, and it sends SMS, so the keitai should be able to get the messages. Does the phone block these kind of messages or what? I looked in the manual too, but I can't find anything about it either.

Can anyone help?

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I remember that on the two keitais I've had (904SH and SH-01B), there was a setting to filter spam mail/SMS. When someone sent me a message from a web service - your response messages seem to be exactly this - the 904SH blocked them when ON. On the 904SH, the setting was available offline, but if I'm not mistaken, on the SH-01B, the setting required a Docomo SIM and working mobile data connection to turn ON/OFF. Just go through all your security settings - hope it's not tried to a Docomo SIM.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Hmm... it doesn't seem to have any settings for blocking SMS, just calls. I looked in the SMS settings too, but there isn't anything about blocking either. There is something called SMS center, and it has the option to use docomo or user settings. I have it set to user settings. Does that have anything to do with it? I also found spam settings, but that was for mail.

Edit: I also noticed that it doesn't receive messages with one character in it.
    Last edited by Galaxia; 03-17-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxia View Post
    Hmm... it doesn't seem to have any settings for blocking SMS, just calls. I looked in the SMS settings too, but there isn't anything about blocking either. There is something called SMS center, and it has the option to use docomo or user settings. I have it set to user settings. Does that have anything to do with it? I also found spam settings, but that was for mail.

Edit: I also noticed that it doesn't receive messages with one character in it.
    On older phones, the spam settings affected SMS too. But I think in the newer ones this settings is online, i.e. requires data connection and a Docomo SIM to connect to the service and change its settings. At least I think so, not sure. Let's hope other forumers know better.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    On older phones, the spam settings affected SMS too. But I think in the newer ones this settings is online, i.e. requires data connection and a Docomo SIM to connect to the service and change its settings. At least I think so, not sure. Let's hope other forumers know better.
    Oh, okay. I have another question if you don't mind.. For ringtones, how would I get it to play the whole file? It's 50 seconds long but only plays 6 seconds on the phone. I read on an old thread here that the length played depends on the quality of the file, so I tried a lower quality version of the same ringtone, but then the phone said it couldn't read it. Is there any way to increase the limit or am I just stuck with it?

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxia View Post
    Oh, okay. I have another question if you don't mind.. For ringtones, how would I get it to play the whole file? It's 50 seconds long but only plays 6 seconds on the phone. I read on an old thread here that the length played depends on the quality of the file, so I tried a lower quality version of the same ringtone, but then the phone said it couldn't read it. Is there any way to increase the limit or am I just stuck with it?
    No, sorry. Not possible. You are stuck with low quality or short ringtones. The threads discussing this explain what the supported frequencies are. I don't remember, I think the max. supported quality was 21 kHz. I no longer have such a phone so I can't tell you precisely.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    No, sorry. Not possible. You are stuck with low quality or short ringtones. The threads discussing this explain what the supported frequencies are. I don't remember, I think the max. supported quality was 21 kHz. I no longer have such a phone so I can't tell you precisely.
    Okay. Thanks for answering my questions