Thread: enhanced coverage

Feedback Score

enhanced coverage

Recently took a trip from Detroit Mich to Greensboro North Carolina down I-77 for the most part. I purchased enhanced coverage hoping it would work in West Virginia as I had no coverage in that state at all on previous trips.
    It seemed to work the same with no coverage at all in West Virginia.
    Anyone else had experience with the enhanced coverage addon ? Upon returning I contacted customer service and they did make it right issuing a full refund for my entire trip.
    Does enhanced coverage actually work ? Are there different settings you need to put in ?
    Planning another trip there soon and wondering if I should even bother with the enhanced coverage

Feedback Score
    Did you check the coverage map to see if it works where you were traveling ?

Feedback Score
    Yes its supposedly all covered by partners

Feedback Score
    Well just chatted with tech support and he says I need to do a manual search for the at&t network when in a partner area. The website says it all happens automatically. hmmmmm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by agarn View Post
    Well just chatted with tech support and he says I need to do a manual search for the at&t network when in a partner area. The website says it all happens automatically. hmmmmm
    That is the problem with most csr is they have no clue
    I would try calling again and talk to someone else and see if you get the same answer

Feedback Score
    Just an FYI you can use http://knowroaming.com with AT&T after contacting their customer service. Although they have no LTE, their default USA partner is again like roam mobility; T-mobile.

Personally when roaming outside of Canada I prefer reliability, coverage and a decent speed to lack of coverage and LTE.

Feedback Score
    on my most recent trip I did a manual search for AT&T and had good coverage the entire trip. After doing the search it automatically switched from roam to AT&T when needed.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+ FIDO
    Feedback Score
    I enquired about the lack of service in wv and va and about the enhanced coverage
    This was the csr response

Also when you have this enhance coverage you will be able to connect to AT&T by manual searching for a network on your phone.
    To manual search on an Android:
    Android 4.x
    On your Home screen, tap the Apps icon. ...
    Tap Settings.
    Tap More Settings (may be called More)
    Tap Mobile Networks.
    Tap Network Operators.
    Tap Search Networks.
    Tap the desired network.(AT&T)
    Tap the Home key to return to the home screen.

For an Iphone:
    Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear. This can take up to two minutes.
    Tap the carrier that you want.
    Go back to the main Settings screen and wait for your iPhone or iPad to connect to the network. (AT&T)
    Now a while back I had also asked them a few questions about what you get for your $1.00. They then told me you only get the 10MB of data that day and 20 calls. They were leading me on to believe that that's all you get on those days. I find that hard to believe. Can anybody clarify? Should it not be that's all you get in the enhanced areas and you get full Roam coverage once back into normal Roam coverage area.

They're very vague with their coverage and service in these enhanced areas. Good in the cities but sketchy when traveling through different areas.
    FIDO Network

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbusguy View Post
    I enquired about the lack of service in wv and va and about the enhanced coverage
    This was the csr response

Now a while back I had also asked them a few questions about what you get for your $1.00. They then told me you only get the 10MB of data that day and 20 calls. They were leading me on to believe that that's all you get on those days. I find that hard to believe. Can anybody clarify? Should it not be that's all you get in the enhanced areas and you get full Roam coverage once back into normal Roam coverage area.

They're very vague with their coverage and service in these enhanced areas. Good in the cities but sketchy when traveling through different areas.
    Because the extra dollar is on top of Roam Mobility's normal charges, I believe you have normal unlimited-ish service on Roam Mobility when back in T-Mobile coverage. And getting significantly less sketchy outside the cities, their coverage has increased substantially with low-band LTE overlaid on top of their traditional coverage map, plus green-field spectrum deployments.
    Lumia 950 XL dual-SIM -- SIM slot 1: Rogers (small business flex data) -- SIM slot 2: Public Mobile ($120/12GB/90 day plan)