Thread: Not able to port out GV phone to t-mobile pre-paid account

Device(s)
    Motorola Q
    Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score

Question Not able to port out GV phone to t-mobile pre-paid account

Hi guys,
    I will appreciate, if someone can advise on this.
    I am trying to port "out" my GV phone# to wireless provider. First I tried H2OWireless but their CS were pathetic. Then I starting doing port out to t-mobile prepaid. I have unlocked phone. I bought $4.99 sim kit. But it's been almost 8 days, it's not transferred. Ofcourse my phone is unlocked at GV side. And I am using instructions as per GV.
    Using ph# as account#. I didn't know about PIN. But I set my voice pin as my last 4 digits of phone number. And I use that as account password.

What else I could be doing wrong?

Feedback Score
    8 days is a long time, you may well have lost the number.

Try re-locking the number to GV if they still have it, tell T-Mobile to cancel and get a temp number to forward to in the meantime.

I would sign up with ring.to (they manage most/all Google's numbers anyway and are free), or - even better - post-paid VZW or ATT (non-contract month to month of course) or maybe a paid VoIP service with good accessible tech support; google DSLreports.

The only goal now being to free the number from google's clutches.

Personally I believe permanently using a paid forwarding service is the way to go, never have to port to another traditional carrier again. Some support SMS forwarding as well, even two-way with Asterix integration, etc.

I believe this is a good shortlist to start with:

Vitelity
    Anveo
    Voip.ms
    Flowroute

Feedback Score
    Edit:
    I would sign up with ring.to (their parent corp manages most/all Google's numbers anyway and are free), or - even better - post-paid VZW or ATT (non-contract month to month of course) or maybe a paid VoIP service with good accessible tech support; google DSLreports.