Thread: Upgrade Time

Device(s)
    Docomo SO905iCS
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Question Upgrade Time

So I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 thinking about getting a 6 plus.. one question since Im grandfathered in I was looking at my upgrade on the Sprint site and it seems like it's cheaper to NOT to the 2 year contact.. However what do I lose out on doing the easy pay?

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samsungmobile View Post
    So I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 thinking about getting a 6 plus.. one question since Im grandfathered in I was looking at my upgrade on the Sprint site and it seems like it's cheaper to NOT to the 2 year contact.. However what do I lose out on doing the easy pay?
    Nothing really. Sprint is trying to push all of their customers onto Easy Pay and they're giving incentives for you not to go the two year contract route. As you noted, it's cheaper to avoid the contract and when the Easy Pay is finished your bill goes down by the amount of the Easy Pay payment. Truthfully, I hate this 'in-between' time. You're like halfway between the past release of the 6 Plus and the future release of the 6S Plus or whatever they plan to call it. Personally, I think it might be worth it to wait for the new iPhones to come out.

Another option to maybe consider is their 12 month iPhone leasing plan if you don't get overly attached to your phones. Pay the leasing fee to use an iPhone for a year, turn it in and get the new one when it's released. Backup everything to your iCloud account and erase the old iPhone, restore everything from your iCloud account onto the new iPhone and keep going. You never "own" the phone, but you get the newest iPhone every year.

It all depends on what's important to you.
    Thrill me...

Device(s)
    Docomo SO905iCS
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
    Nothing really. Sprint is trying to push all of their customers onto Easy Pay and they're giving incentives for you not to go the two year contract route. As you noted, it's cheaper to avoid the contract and when the Easy Pay is finished your bill goes down by the amount of the Easy Pay payment. Truthfully, I hate this 'in-between' time. You're like halfway between the past release of the 6 Plus and the future release of the 6S Plus or whatever they plan to call it. Personally, I think it might be worth it to wait for the new iPhones to come out.

Another option to maybe consider is their 12 month iPhone leasing plan if you don't get overly attached to your phones. Pay the leasing fee to use an iPhone for a year, turn it in and get the new one when it's released. Backup everything to your iCloud account and erase the old iPhone, restore everything from your iCloud account onto the new iPhone and keep going. You never "own" the phone, but you get the newest iPhone every year.

It all depends on what's important to you.
    So how does the New phone thing work out I just pay the difference right?

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    So how does the New phone thing work out I just pay the difference right?
    On the leasing plan?

Device(s)
    Docomo SO905iCS
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    On the leasing plan?
    Yes.........

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Yes.........
    AFAIK after the 12 month lease is completed you just turn the old phone in and swap to the new one. There shouldn't be any difference to pay. The lease payments would be perpetual as you upgrade from one iPhone to the next year after year.

Device(s)
    Docomo SO905iCS
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    AFAIK after the 12 month lease is completed you just turn the old phone in and swap to the new one. There shouldn't be any difference to pay. The lease payments would be perpetual as you upgrade from one iPhone to the next year after year.
    Ah ok I see now makes sense now