Thread: Moving from Toronto to Ottawa

Feedback Score

Moving from Toronto to Ottawa

My daughter is going to university to Ottawa. She has a Rogers plan with my 10 and some data 250 or 500 mb data. I have a plan with fido Canada wide unlimited with 2gb of data. Do you know if she uses her plan in Ottawa is considered roaming or not. Which is the most afordable plan for Ottawa? Can we switch the no so she can take my fido plan and her phone no?; can i take hers too and my no?

Feedback Score
    You can't switch numbers but you can give her your Fido Line and you can't take her Rogers Line.

Is her My-10 local version or the Canada Wide Version?

Feedback Score
    We live in Toronto. So her my 10 is here. I do not know how is considered and if she had Canada wide.

Feedback Score
    And both of us we like to keep our no.

Feedback Score
    have her go to rogers in hull or gatineau, and switch to an 819 number. all calls from that area code are local to ottawans, and rogers has some decent plans to compete with incumbent videotron. share everything start at 2gb with can wide calling (important if she wants to call home) for 65.00. 4gb 70.00, 6gb 75.00. the only thing she would have to give up is her phone number. she should be able to get any rep in ontario to help her out, though she would be better off going to hell, i mean hull to have this done. she might even be able to switch the number herself, and select a new plan.

fido's quebec plans are much better, they have BYOP 5 gb for 65.00. the only requirement is a quebec phone number.

Feedback Score
    but to answer your question about roaming, her plan is old, so i assume that theres no LD included beyond MY10. any call she places to ottawa / gatineau while in ottawa / gatineau would be free. any call she received while in ottawa / gatineau with a TORONTO number will be LONG DISTANCE. doesnt matter if the call comes from vancouver, swaziland, or a person standing next to her. any call she makes to Toronto or anywhere else in canada will be long distance. She really needs to change her number to a local one to avoid this. she can keep her plan with a number change, and simply update her my10, or better yet, change her plan to one with can wide calling with an 819# to get much better plans.

Feedback Score
    Ty for reply. As i advised her to keep calling Rogers until someone will listen. So, that happened a week or two ago and she got finally Canada wide long distance included in her plan and 2gb for almost same money.

Feedback Score
    I'm still new to fido, I can't boss them around yet. But since they're practically the same company I'll keep that strategy in mind when I've put in some time . Thanks