Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What are your post Clearwire plans?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Have you looked into Viaero Wireless? One of the few advantages you have living in Kansas is the fact that they're available to you. As a regional carrier with licenses that only cover 3 states, you're one of the few on HoFo that actually has the option to get wireless broadband from them.
    I live on the Missouri side and service in my zip code wasn't available.

It looks like a good deal though. Thanks for the recommendation.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffham View Post
    I live on the Missouri side and service in my zip code wasn't available.

It looks like a good deal though. Thanks for the recommendation.
    No problem. The other thing you could do, if you WORK in a zip code where they have service, you can use your work address. That's what I did to set-up my Clear account. I used Clear for 5 years. All throughout, their coverage maps continued to show no service at my home address, even though I got full bars there on the home hotspots. But their maps did show coverage at the address I worked at 5 years ago, lol!
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Feedback Score

Karma Neverstop experience

I've been playing with Karma Neverstop for a few days as a replacement for my 3Mbps DSL. It may be an option for some of you. I've described my setup and some important limitations in a blog post http://www.joshhighley.com/2015/12/karma-neverstop.html

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joshhighley View Post
    I've been playing with Karma Neverstop for a few days as a replacement for my 3Mbps DSL. It may be an option for some of you. I've described my setup and some important limitations in a blog post http://www.joshhighley.com/2015/12/karma-neverstop.html
    Be careful! I wouldn't actually unsubscribe from your DSL. Many phone companies (particularly AT&T and Verizon) are actively phasing out DSL with no replacement plans.

If Karma dies and you call back to re-establish DSL, you'll find out that your network circuit has reached 'permanent exhaustion' and that you cannot subscribe to DSL any longer.

I've seen that argument used against people I know. They bought a house that had an active DSL subscription. When they called AT&T to take over the line, AT&T refused saying 'permanent exhaustion.' They now have to take satellite or mobile broadband.

Same thing with friends in an apartment complex in town. 'Permanent exhaustion' when they attempted to get ADSL service.

Feedback Score
    Good write up on your blog Josh. I have a similar setup as you. I use an old pepwave surf mini bridge that is wired to an asus router. I have about 8 devices connected at one time to the router including a couple of rokus and fire tv. I have not had the issues you have had. It worked right out of the box. In November we streamed about 60gb of movies etc and only a few disruptions. So far it has been a nice transition from clear.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E_tron View Post
    Be careful! I wouldn't actually unsubscribe from your DSL. Many phone companies (particularly AT&T and Verizon) are actively phasing out DSL with no replacement plans.

If Karma dies and you call back to re-establish DSL, you'll find out that your network circuit has reached 'permanent exhaustion' and that you cannot subscribe to DSL any longer.

I've seen that argument used against people I know. They bought a house that had an active DSL subscription. When they called AT&T to take over the line, AT&T refused saying 'permanent exhaustion.' They now have to take satellite or mobile broadband.

Same thing with friends in an apartment complex in town. 'Permanent exhaustion' when they attempted to get ADSL service.
    I find that strange I wonder why, are they in a regulated area where they don't make a profit? My wireline provider would let me open up as many ADSL as I wanted.

Feedback Score
    Does the wireless bridge bypass the 3 device limit on the karma? I have also heard that you could ask Karma to register the MAC manually by asking support.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bubtub View Post
    Does the wireless bridge bypass the 3 device limit on the karma? I have also heard that you could ask Karma to register the MAC manually by asking support.
    I have about 8 devices connected at a time. The bridge shows up as one device but I still share the 5mbps. So yes the bridge bypasses the 3 device limit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2