Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: New SERO Unlimited plan to replace all others??

Device(s)
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AuctionHugh2 View Post
    This is off topic, but does anyone know if I can add hotspot/tethering type ability to my Iphone SE on the sero unlimited ($60/mo) plan?

And can I qualify somehow for the $15 off per month? I'm still under contract since I received a "free" upgrade to an iphone SE.
    Wow, $60 Sero plan. I left when they bumped it to $50 for Android phones. Actually left when they stopped my data because I changed the IMEI on an Android phone to stay on the $30 plan.

You would have to jailbreak toget hotspot without paying. Not sure if Sprint cares enough to do deep packet inspection to see if people are cheating with hotspot. They did care enough to figure out I had Android phone with a dumb phone IMEI.

Not sure about the discount. Call and try a few times. When I was on Sprint in three or four calls you could find someone who would approve a discount. Everytime I called Sprint, I would get a different answer for my issues or requests.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    ... Actually left when they stopped my data because I changed the IMEI on an Android phone to stay on the $30 plan...
    What you did is called cloning, and is a BIG no no. You're lucky they didn't set the FCC on you, as that can be classified as a felony.

AuctionHugh2, you can tether all day long, but I'm not sure about the hotspot. Some Sprint plans include a little now for free.

Device(s)
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oZo View Post
    What you did is called cloning, and is a BIG no no. You're lucky they didn't set the FCC on you, as that can be classified as a felony.

AuctionHugh2, you can tether all day long, but I'm not sure about the hotspot. Some Sprint plans include a little now for free.
    Tell me something I didn't know. I went in with full knowledge of legal issues and knowing the likeliness of getting caught. Don't need anyone a poopooing me years later.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Exclamation

Tell me something I didn't know. I went in with full knowledge of legal issues and knowing the likeliness of getting caught. Don't need anyone a poopooing me years later.
    Then maybe not bring up illegal actions on this forum? It's not even to be talked about here. So, yeah...poo poo.

Feedback Score

Thumbs down Here we go again with the "cloning" propaganda...

I've heard that excuse tossed around a lot, but the reality of it was that nobody cared. I had my Samsung Epic (and later, my Note2) impersonating my HTC Diamond for a solid five years on Sprint before Sprint started to suck bad enough that I decided it was time for something else.

Wow, $60 Sero plan. I left when they bumped it to $50 for Android phones. Actually left when they stopped my data because I changed the IMEI on an Android phone to stay on the $30 plan.
    I kind of doubt that. There was probably another reason.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Thumbs down No propaganda, just FACTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill720 View Post
    ...Cloning propaganda...
    Yeah, see if anyone cares if you rewrite the IMEI on a phone then sell it. I'm not discussing the pros and cons, it's just NOT A TOPIC FOR HOFO.

As for SERO, Sprints dying. Pretty soon we'll be kicked off and forced to be on a throttled 'unlimited' plan that gets nice and slow when 'network' congestion is high. Sprint had an opportunity a couple of years agao, but they flubbed.
    It's sad, really.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Cricket (TEMP)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, see if anyone cares if you rewrite the IMEI on a phone then sell it. I'm not discussing the pros and cons, it's just NOT A TOPIC FOR HOFO.

As for SERO, Sprints dying. Pretty soon we'll be kicked off and forced to be on a throttled 'unlimited' plan that gets nice and slow when 'network' congestion is high. Sprint had an opportunity a couple of years agao, but they flubbed.
    It's sad, really.

yea sprints pretty much done for, they been saying/doing the same stuff year after year like they are stuck in a crazy loop....sprint WAS king for a while, i remember my first windows phone which was a htc pc 6700,think thats wrong but it was close to that that was like over 10 years ago lol...i had SERO for many many many years till the network went under then i moved on but damn i was paying $20 with all my discounts free nights at 6pm for free, incoming calls was free...i had a sprint line CDMA and a Nextel IDEN SERO lines, miss them days!
    Sign up for Ibotta, the app that really helps you save money on item's you already buy, click on the link below to get a $10 bonus! After $20 you can send the funds to a PayPal account or a gift card (wal-mart,target,giant eagle etc)

https://www.ibotta.com/r/vkubwkv

Don't have Ibotta? download it here:

Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibotta.android

iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibotta/id559887125

Feedback Score

Talking Definitely a good topic in general though

Selling it when you're done? That's another thing. For personal use though, it was fine for both myself and the thousands of other folks who made use of the handy procedures described right here on HowardForums and XDA DEVELOPERS. And at a time when LTE simply wasn't widespread (or even necessary) yet, the reduced costs were well worth it. Over the course of the (nearly) five years that I was on the $30 SERO 500, I probably saved over $1000 (before taxes and fees) by making my phone a "poser."

Feedback Score
    Since this is the only active SERO thread, I'll post this question here.

Please note: 2 year agreements/subsidized pricing are no longer provided by Sprint, or partners (except Apple).

Is there any issue with doing the following on SERO Premium (500)?

1. Buy new iPhone Plus model from Apple Store with 2 year agreement pricing (estimated $400-500 + taxes).
    2. Not activate device in order to keep it new in box??
    3. Sell iPhone for $100 or so below MSRP
    4. Buy a Pixel, etc
    5. Remain locked in to a 2 year contract on Sprint

Is this above possible? My main concern is how I can keep the iPhone in "new in box" status without activating it or without Apple folks taking it physically out of the box.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gatewaytoheaven View Post

Please note: 2 year agreements/subsidized pricing are no longer provided by Sprint, or partners (except Apple).

1. Buy new iPhone Plus model from Apple Store with 2 year agreement pricing (estimated $400-500 + taxes).
    4. Buy a Pixel, etc

Is this above possible? My main concern is how I can keep the iPhone in "new in box" status without activating it or without Apple folks taking it physically out of the box.
    What you propose is doable, but keep in mind buyers might be hard to come by once informed of the device being under contract until your 2 year commitent is satisfied (or ETF PAID).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill720 View Post
    I kind of doubt that. There was probably another reason.
    I agree. It's still a common practice and many are doing it on Sprint. I don't think Sprint cares as long as you pay for your services. I mean really, can Sprint afford to kick paying customers out?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    What you propose is doable, but keep in mind buyers might be hard to come by once informed of the device being under contract until your 2 year commitent is satisfied (or ETF PAID).
    Ah, so if I switch the active device on my account to something besides the iPhone, that would still keep the iPhone "tied" to my account somehow? I figured they would just release the iPhone to be used on a different line/provider, but charge me the full cost of the phone if I terminate the 2 year agreement?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

4. Buy a Pixel, etc

Imagine the look on the face of the person who buys a phone like this about 6 months down the line when it comes up blacklisted because the original contract owner reneged on their contract
    I'm not saying YOU would do this, but it happens all the time. It happened to me. I would recommend not getting into a deal like this, from either side of it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Ace
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO 500
    Feedback Score
    I got into a near death spiral with Sprint this week over a very simple request to sell me a replacement phone. My Galaxy S6 on SERO was smashed by a forklift on the job. I called Telesales to order a replacement. Would seem to be an easy transaction. I provide the account PIN. They sell. I buy. They ship. I activate.

But Nooooo. It seems there is a very new and cumbersome policy that they have to send a verification text to the phone on the account. Huh? Mine was flattened. Display shattered. Frame bent. Not functional. Four different reps would not budge. No verification text, no sale. One rep (they all appear to be in central America) said it was a new policy. I asked how does that verification work with a destroyed phone? There was a pause. I was connected to a supervisor who told me to go to a Sprint store and get my account "verified." Went to a local affiliate store. They scanned my ID in. Accessed my account and called account services (retentions.) Sprint retentions was sympathetic, and he called telesales and ordered the phone I wanted. It was a three way call with the local store, retentions and Telesales. When the deal was done, retentions left the call and I said thanks. Then telesales demanded a text verification. I was at a Sprint store mind you.

Telesales was adamant. No text, no sale. Then a supervisor asked me go to go a corporate store for "added security," I drove 95 miles to Clarksville, Tn. to the nearest corporate store. The manager there told me on the phone that he could solve everything quickly. I arrived. They scanned my ID. Accessed my account. Then said even they could not order from Telesales and they tried to sell me a phone in stock. I wanted telesales because they had the same deal for $100 less. I told them this was where Sprint sent me. They said sorry, nothing we can do. I said I would be porting out and they said, "okay." I called Sprint and got put through to a supervisor who credited my account for $30 for the fruitless trip to Tennessee. But nothing else.

I am a 10 year customer. Never late on a bill. Not a data hawg.

I called back again last night. I found a rep in "Tier 2" chat who realized the problem with the inability to send a verification code to a single line account and "he would be submitting feedback on that."

In the end, I had to buy a $30 phone off Swappa to activate in order to get a verification text to buy a new phone. This is beyond absurd and if this is how far this company has fallen, it's time to get off the ship.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

4. Buy a Pixel, etc

Since SERO is an employee account, Apple will not be able to do anything with it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast