Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Results 106 to 118 of 118

Thread: New SERO Unlimited plan to replace all others??

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,591
    Device(s)
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AuctionHugh2 View Post
    This is off topic, but does anyone know if I can add hotspot/tethering type ability to my Iphone SE on the sero unlimited ($60/mo) plan?

    And can I qualify somehow for the $15 off per month? I'm still under contract since I received a "free" upgrade to an iphone SE.
    Wow, $60 Sero plan. I left when they bumped it to $50 for Android phones. Actually left when they stopped my data because I changed the IMEI on an Android phone to stay on the $30 plan.

    You would have to jailbreak toget hotspot without paying. Not sure if Sprint cares enough to do deep packet inspection to see if people are cheating with hotspot. They did care enough to figure out I had Android phone with a dumb phone IMEI.

    Not sure about the discount. Call and try a few times. When I was on Sprint in three or four calls you could find someone who would approve a discount. Everytime I called Sprint, I would get a different answer for my issues or requests.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    937
    Posts
    696
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    ... Actually left when they stopped my data because I changed the IMEI on an Android phone to stay on the $30 plan...
    What you did is called cloning, and is a BIG no no. You're lucky they didn't set the FCC on you, as that can be classified as a felony.

    AuctionHugh2, you can tether all day long, but I'm not sure about the hotspot. Some Sprint plans include a little now for free.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,591
    Device(s)
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oZo View Post
    What you did is called cloning, and is a BIG no no. You're lucky they didn't set the FCC on you, as that can be classified as a felony.

    AuctionHugh2, you can tether all day long, but I'm not sure about the hotspot. Some Sprint plans include a little now for free.
    Tell me something I didn't know. I went in with full knowledge of legal issues and knowing the likeliness of getting caught. Don't need anyone a poopooing me years later.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    937
    Posts
    696
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    Tell me something I didn't know. I went in with full knowledge of legal issues and knowing the likeliness of getting caught. Don't need anyone a poopooing me years later.
    Then maybe not bring up illegal actions on this forum? It's not even to be talked about here. So, yeah...poo poo.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    55
    Feedback Score
    0

    Thumbs down Here we go again with the "cloning" propaganda...

    Quote Originally Posted by oZo View Post
    What you did is called cloning, and is a BIG no no. You're lucky they didn't set the FCC on you, as that can be classified as a felony.
    I've heard that excuse tossed around a lot, but the reality of it was that nobody cared. I had my Samsung Epic (and later, my Note2) impersonating my HTC Diamond for a solid five years on Sprint before Sprint started to suck bad enough that I decided it was time for something else.

    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    Wow, $60 Sero plan. I left when they bumped it to $50 for Android phones. Actually left when they stopped my data because I changed the IMEI on an Android phone to stay on the $30 plan.
    I kind of doubt that. There was probably another reason.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    937
    Posts
    696
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

    Thumbs down No propaganda, just FACTS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill720 View Post
    ...Cloning propaganda...
    Yeah, see if anyone cares if you rewrite the IMEI on a phone then sell it. I'm not discussing the pros and cons, it's just NOT A TOPIC FOR HOFO.

    As for SERO, Sprints dying. Pretty soon we'll be kicked off and forced to be on a throttled 'unlimited' plan that gets nice and slow when 'network' congestion is high. Sprint had an opportunity a couple of years agao, but they flubbed.
    It's sad, really.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,163
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by oZo View Post
    Yeah, see if anyone cares if you rewrite the IMEI on a phone then sell it. I'm not discussing the pros and cons, it's just NOT A TOPIC FOR HOFO.

    As for SERO, Sprints dying. Pretty soon we'll be kicked off and forced to be on a throttled 'unlimited' plan that gets nice and slow when 'network' congestion is high. Sprint had an opportunity a couple of years agao, but they flubbed.
    It's sad, really.


    yea sprints pretty much done for, they been saying/doing the same stuff year after year like they are stuck in a crazy loop....sprint WAS king for a while, i remember my first windows phone which was a htc pc 6700,think thats wrong but it was close to that that was like over 10 years ago lol...i had SERO for many many many years till the network went under then i moved on but damn i was paying $20 with all my discounts free nights at 6pm for free, incoming calls was free...i had a sprint line CDMA and a Nextel IDEN SERO lines, miss them days!
    Sign up for Ibotta, the app that really helps you save money on item's you already buy, click on the link below to get a $10 bonus! After $20 you can send the funds to a PayPal account or a gift card (wal-mart,target,giant eagle etc)

    https://www.ibotta.com/r/vkubwkv

    Don't have Ibotta? download it here:

    Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibotta.android

    iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibotta/id559887125

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    55
    Feedback Score
    0

    Talking Definitely a good topic in general though

    Quote Originally Posted by oZo View Post
    Yeah, see if anyone cares if you rewrite the IMEI on a phone then sell it. I'm not discussing the pros and cons, it's just NOT A TOPIC FOR HOFO.
    Selling it when you're done? That's another thing. For personal use though, it was fine for both myself and the thousands of other folks who made use of the handy procedures described right here on HowardForums and XDA DEVELOPERS. And at a time when LTE simply wasn't widespread (or even necessary) yet, the reduced costs were well worth it. Over the course of the (nearly) five years that I was on the $30 SERO 500, I probably saved over $1000 (before taxes and fees) by making my phone a "poser."

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13
    Feedback Score
    0
    Since this is the only active SERO thread, I'll post this question here.

    Please note: 2 year agreements/subsidized pricing are no longer provided by Sprint, or partners (except Apple).

    Is there any issue with doing the following on SERO Premium (500)?

    1. Buy new iPhone Plus model from Apple Store with 2 year agreement pricing (estimated $400-500 + taxes).
    2. Not activate device in order to keep it new in box??
    3. Sell iPhone for $100 or so below MSRP
    4. Buy a Pixel, etc
    5. Remain locked in to a 2 year contract on Sprint

    Is this above possible? My main concern is how I can keep the iPhone in "new in box" status without activating it or without Apple folks taking it physically out of the box.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    653
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gatewaytoheaven View Post
    Since this is the only active SERO thread, I'll post this question here.

    Please note: 2 year agreements/subsidized pricing are no longer provided by Sprint, or partners (except Apple).

    Is there any issue with doing the following on SERO Premium (500)?

    1. Buy new iPhone Plus model from Apple Store with 2 year agreement pricing (estimated $400-500 + taxes).
    2. Not activate device in order to keep it new in box??
    3. Sell iPhone for $100 or so below MSRP
    4. Buy a Pixel, etc
    5. Remain locked in to a 2 year contract on Sprint

    Is this above possible? My main concern is how I can keep the iPhone in "new in box" status without activating it or without Apple folks taking it physically out of the box.
    What you propose is doable, but keep in mind buyers might be hard to come by once informed of the device being under contract until your 2 year commitent is satisfied (or ETF PAID).

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    653
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill720 View Post
    I kind of doubt that. There was probably another reason.
    I agree. It's still a common practice and many are doing it on Sprint. I don't think Sprint cares as long as you pay for your services. I mean really, can Sprint afford to kick paying customers out?

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    What you propose is doable, but keep in mind buyers might be hard to come by once informed of the device being under contract until your 2 year commitent is satisfied (or ETF PAID).
    Ah, so if I switch the active device on my account to something besides the iPhone, that would still keep the iPhone "tied" to my account somehow? I figured they would just release the iPhone to be used on a different line/provider, but charge me the full cost of the phone if I terminate the 2 year agreement?

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    937
    Posts
    696
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gatewaytoheaven View Post
    Since this is the only active SERO thread, I'll post this question here.

    Please note: 2 year agreements/subsidized pricing are no longer provided by Sprint, or partners (except Apple).

    Is there any issue with doing the following on SERO Premium (500)?

    1. Buy new iPhone Plus model from Apple Store with 2 year agreement pricing (estimated $400-500 + taxes).
    2. Not activate device in order to keep it new in box??
    3. Sell iPhone for $100 or so below MSRP
    4. Buy a Pixel, etc
    5. Remain locked in to a 2 year contract on Sprint

    Is this above possible? My main concern is how I can keep the iPhone in "new in box" status without activating it or without Apple folks taking it physically out of the box.
    Imagine the look on the face of the person who buys a phone like this about 6 months down the line when it comes up blacklisted because the original contract owner reneged on their contract
    I'm not saying YOU would do this, but it happens all the time. It happened to me. I would recommend not getting into a deal like this, from either side of it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 12-23-2013, 03:00 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-18-2013, 05:40 AM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 12:06 AM
  4. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 03:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks