Thread: Sharp SH-01G always shows roaming

Feedback Score

Sharp SH-01G always shows roaming

Hi,
    I'm new to this forum and also a first time import phone owner.
    I got the Sharp SH-01G cos it is so awesome. I got everything to work, but it always show that the phone is always roaming. Eventhough I wasn't charge at roaming.
    Just that the "R" icon bothers me. Is this normal when buying an import phone?
    If not, how can I fix it? If there is a thread like this before, you can direct me to it. I tried searching but I couldn't find it.

Thank you

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BioFan View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new to this forum and also a first time import phone owner.
    I got the Sharp SH-01G cos it is so awesome. I got everything to work, but it always show that the phone is always roaming. Eventhough I wasn't charge at roaming.
    Just that the "R" icon bothers me. Is this normal when buying an import phone?
    If not, how can I fix it? If there is a thread like this before, you can direct me to it. I tried searching but I couldn't find it.

Thank you
    Try this: http://sharp.cheeseus.org/how2.php?stuffID=65. It has worked on earlier models.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    Try this:. It has worked on earlier models.
    Hmmm, I wonder if it has something to do with the sim card in my country then. I tried using 2 different operators, both are new, and both has the "R" sign.

Anyway thanks for the help.
    Last edited by BioFan; 05-04-2015 at 02:43 AM. Reason: more info

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BioFan View Post
    Hmmm, I wonder if it has something to do with the sim card in my country then. I tried using 2 different operators, both are new, and both has the "R" sign.

Anyway thanks for the help.
    It's the SIM card type, not whether it is new or old. Operators sometimes will give you a 64-bit SIM card for free when you subscribe but will charge you for a 128-bit SIM. In this case, you need to specifically ask for a 128-bit SIM. Anyway, this is the only suggestion I have, and I know for sure that it has helped others with the same issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    It's the SIM card type, not whether it is new or old. Operators sometimes will give you a 64-bit SIM card for free when you subscribe but will charge you for a 128-bit SIM. In this case, you need to specifically ask for a 128-bit SIM. Anyway, this is the only suggestion I have, and I know for sure that it has helped others with the same issue.
    Ahh I just upgraded to 4G LTE when I got this phone, I thought I would assume that will be a 128bit. But anyway I called customer service and they don't have any idea what I'm talking about hehehe.

Ah well, I will try to live with the R sign.

Thanks though cheeseus, appreciate it.

Feedback Score
    I just sent them an email and will help me issue a 128bit card.

Hopefully that will fix this problem. Will update when I got the new SIM card.