Thread: Roll Over Data

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhoneX4, P+X2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX2, R+, AV, Ting
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    Probably no difference:

1) Extra data package (bought in previous cycle) will carry over as primary data in the new cycle until used up.
    2) Regular monthly data will then kick in.
    3) Rollover data from previous month will be accessed last, if there is any.
    Yes, but didn't the rollover data from add-on packages have no 30-day expiration before? If so, now it will.

Edit: I remember that if you bought an additional package before expiration it will extend indefinitely, but in this case it may be a moot point since you won't buy more unless you have used up all your current month allotment and the rollover data from the previous month first anyway.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The add-on data packages have always had thirty day expiration dates. Their expiration dates are separate from the expiration dates of the service plans or the funding expiration dates. If you purchase another data package before the previous one expires or is used up, the remains of the old package and the full new package expire thirty days from the date the new package was added. Technically, a single add-on data package does not rollover. The package just can bridge two service periods if bought in the middle of a service period. Somewhere on the GoPhone website in answer to one of the questions asked by subscribers, you can only have a maximum of three data packages active at one time. If one were expecting to use a lot of data and might not be able to add more when needed, one could add three packages at once.
    Last edited by efparri; 05-20-2015 at 10:19 AM.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    My MY ATT page shows "includes rollover data" as Chazz's, but still shows 1.5gb max. I believe this is because my last renewal was May 13, so I was forced to renew 2 days before this offer commenced. I'm hoping that on the June renewal I'll start getting the extra data kicker.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    My MY ATT page shows "includes rollover data" as Chazz's, but still shows 1.5gb max. I believe this is because my last renewal was May 13, so I was forced to renew 2 days before this offer commenced. I'm hoping that on the June renewal I'll start getting the extra data kicker.
    ^^Same here. My plan renews on June 3, but I'm sure since the page shows "includes rollover data", like other GoPhone customers' do, whatever data I have left will roll over.

Feedback Score
    One of the cool things about rollover is that it allows you to find out the amount of data you used (and did not use) in the previous cycle. Just do some arithmetic using the amount that is shown immediately before the word "Remaining" under the thermometer graphic.

Device(s)
    Moto Maxx (XT1225, LG Nexus 5 (LG-D820)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    Does anyone know how the new rollover data rule changed the way add-on data packages roll over?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    Probably no difference:

1) Extra data package (bought in previous cycle) will carry over as primary data in the new cycle until used up.
    2) Regular monthly data will then kick in.
    3) Rollover data from previous month will be accessed last, if there is any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    Yes, but didn't the rollover data from add-on packages have no 30-day expiration before? If so, now it will.

Edit: I remember that if you bought an additional package before expiration it will extend indefinitely, but in this case it may be a moot point since you won't buy more unless you have used up all your current month allotment and the rollover data from the previous month first anyway.
    Just as before, add-on data packages expire 30 days after being purchased and become the primary data until used up, even if you had some high speed data left in your cycle. (So, don't buy them unless you are out of high speed data).

If not used up by end of your cycle, the add on data package would then continue as the primary high speed data, even though you would normally have a new data cycle. When the add-on data package is used up OR expires (whichever comes first), then your normal monthly cycle data is accessed.

The add-on data packages have always had a 30 day expiration date from time of purchase. And by "always" , I mean at least in the past year. I have bought a few over the past year, when I had heavy data months. One month I bought two. Normally they are used to bridge your monthly cycle, if you run out of high speed data before cycle end.

But during the time of the add-on packages, I always get lots of text reminders from AT&T about the expiration of the add-on data packages. So, I KNOW they had and still have a 30-day expiration date.

So, if you start a new cycle and still have leftover high speed data from add-on package:

1) Add-on package data will be used first (until used up or 30 day expiration date, whichever is first).

2) Then normal high speed data from your plan.

3) Rollover data from previous cycle, if any. Probably won't be much, if any -- otherwise why would you have bought an add-on data package the previous billing cycle? If you jumped the gun in buying the add-on package before you completely used up all your high speed data allotment, you might have a few MB of rollover data from your previous cycle...

Feedback Score
    We've really made great strides here if you think about it.

Last year you had 1 gig on the Walmart plan, and 1kb over that you had to come out of pocket 10 bucks

Today you get 1.5 gigs, PLUS the rollover amount, PLUS the unlimited throttled data which can certainly help out if you just have a couple days left in the cycle and you want to limp over the finish line and not pay 10 bucks to be able to use your phone at all

Of course I hope it keeps improving but this is all very good progress.....

Feedback Score
    We've really made great strides here if you think about it.

Last year you had 1 gig on the Walmart plan, and 1kb over that you had to come out of pocket 10 bucks

Today you get 1.5 gigs, PLUS the rollover amount, PLUS the unlimited throttled data which can certainly help out if you just have a couple days left in the cycle and you want to limp over the finish line and not pay 10 bucks to be able to use your phone at all

Of course I hope it keeps improving but this is all very good progress.....
    Agreed.

GoPhone's gone from service plans that you needed a secret handshake to get and then pay for them with tokens to the best AT&T prepaid service available, period. It's (minus roaming) postpaid performance at prepaid prices.

It'll be interesting to see what's next with GoPhone.

Device(s)
    LG H631
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    Agreed.

GoPhone's gone from service plans that you needed a secret handshake to get and then pay for them with tokens to the best AT&T prepaid service available, period. It's (minus roaming) postpaid performance at prepaid prices.

It'll be interesting to see what's next with GoPhone.
    How about a plan with unlimited T&T and unlimited throttled data cheaper than the $45 plan?

I would totally do that since these past days on throttled data hasn't been that bad.

Tethering works a bit faster and browsing on the Nexus 5 isn't that bad, at least the sites I use.

Just made air reservations on laptop and the seat maps etc loaded quite fast while tethering.

It's way faster than T-Mobile ever was in my area and they were and still are 2g here.

Oh wait what I described sounds like Cricket.

Never mind

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gate115 View Post
    How about a plan with unlimited T&T and unlimited throttled data cheaper than the $45 plan?

I would totally do that since these past days on throttled data hasn't been that bad.

Tethering works a bit faster and browsing on the Nexus 5 isn't that bad, at least the sites I use.

Just made air reservations on laptop and the seat maps etc loaded quite fast while tethering.

It's way faster than T-Mobile ever was in my area and they were and still are 2g here.
    You've effectively described Cricket. Look out!!!

I can get better performance from my throttled GoPhone data than from my "regular" (capped) Cricket.

Feedback Score

Oh wait what I described sounds like Cricket.

Never mind

I can get better performance from my throttled GoPhone data than from my "regular" (capped) Cricket.
    But the throttled limits and the high pings and the customer service and the postpaid servers vs the proxy lag and the....ohh, you already know it......

Device(s)
    LG H631
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    But the throttled limits and the high pings and the customer service and the postpaid servers vs the proxy lag and the....ohh, you already know it......
    True.

I'm just still very impressed about this throttled usability so was just thinking out loud but...

Honestly with my data needs I could use it like this all the time.

There's times though when the throttled data is back up to normal LTE Gophone speeds.

I'm trying to pin down what conditions cause this cause it's not all the time.

Device(s)
    LG H631
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Yes the CC. Lol.

Well that is good to know about throttled gophone vs cricket capped and I'm not surprised really

Carrier(s)
    ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

There's times though when the throttled data is back up to normal LTE Gophone speeds.
    I'm trying to pin down what conditions cause this cause it's not all the time.
    Perhaps, instead of instantly communicating changes, they do it every half hour, hour, two hours, 10 minutes?

Feedback Score
    Yes the CC. Lol.

Well that is good to know about throttled gophone vs cricket capped and I'm not surprised really
    17-21 Mbps downloads while throttled. That'll never happen on Cricket.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast